Electrification?

Connor's Mom

Definitely during construction. The wires have to go under wallpaper, sometimes behind window framing or around doors, sometimes across the ceiling, across the floor, above woodwork, etc. You really have to plan in advance where you want lights and how to lay out the wiring so as to reach all the areas where you want them. And how many lights you use (actual bulbs, not fixtures: some fixtures may have more than one bulb) will determine how big a transformer you'll need.

There is a really good tutorial here where you can read about electrification before you start it, and lots of the folks here can offer tips and help along the way. You probably want to read that before you tackle it, though. It can be daunting!

Yep, definitely during construction. Electrification can be touchy, but once you get the hang of it it's not too bad. I kinda enjoy doing the electrical on my houses. You do want to read the instructions first, though. It's very helpful.

Michelle, when you finish the electrification, you'll wonder why you thought it would be a challenge. :wave:

The scariest part is thinking about it!

Thanks Kathie, I hope you are right!

Corwin - I will be thinking of you when I am cursing them out!

Holly - I looked on the website, and I couldnt find the insertion tool. Is it the ConnecTool?

Thank you so much for all your help!

~Michelle

Holly - I looked on the website, and I couldnt find the insertion tool. Is it the ConnecTool?
Check to see if Darrell mentions it in his tutorial, and if it looks the same, it is. I don't wire my houses (preference) but I looked at one long & hard when I was in Earth & Tree several years ago, thinking about it...