Just curious...

Audra

OK, I know everyone here has a fine appreciation for miniatures, but I was curious what you do outside of mini's? (Family, work outside of home) I am 36, married to a man who doesn't mind a huge dollhouse in our foyer (7 years on 4th of July). I have 4 kids - my oldest son is 16, twins (born on seperate days) 11, and my only daugther will be 6 this month. I work oustide the home as a medical assistant for a dermatologist. Pic of my DH, twins and daughter. My oldest son really didn't want to hang out with us at my work halloween party.

I work as an accountant by day now. I formerly went to nursing school and had my LPN (was one class away from getting my RN, but realized that if I made a mistake, I could cost someone their life. So I quit) In accounting, I can fix mistakes if I make them, and nobody gets hurt. :p My Hubby and I have been married 20 years this fall. He's a computer programmer. Two children. Daughter is 31 and is married with a fifteen month old daughter of her own, and lives in New Mexico. She and her husband are both air traffic controllers. My son is 30. He and his wife live in Holland, Michigan (about an hour away), they're expecting a daughter in late September.

For other hobbies, I make bead jewelry and crochet (mostly afghans). Hubby and I are both active in our church. We both teach Sunday School, he is editor of the monthly newsletter, and I sing with our worship team.

Hello there Esther! I see you live in K-zoo. My daugther is going near you today to Binder Park with her kindergarten class. I also started taking classes for LPN/RN (had not decided) but after looking into it, I knew I would not be able to take on the load with my husband finishing off his classes (he is now a radiation therapist for Josephine Ford Cancer Center).

have you been to Frankenmuth to the mini store there? Any good mini stores worth the drive from Jackson??

Audra, yes I've been to Frankenmuth. I love Rau's Country Store! It's been about three years, though...and with the price of gas.....

I was born in Lansing Michigan. After my dad received his doctorate in biology we moved to Durango, Colorado. I now live in Farmington, New Mexico.

I teach a multi-disabled classroom from kinder thru 5th grade. I married a man that does paint and body on semi's. He has two daughters, ages 13 and 17 and I have two daughters, ages 12 and 18. My 18 year old just graduated and is interested in nursing.

I love doll collecting, miniatures, and being the passenger on my husband's Harley. I designed my Spring Fling to be his Harley workshop and had a lot of fun with it.

I love the forum and get so many great ideas from everybody.

Suzanne

I don't think I can describe my job. I work at work. I build walls and set up chemical tanks and organize storage shelves and chemicals. I built a pond in the middle of the shop. But I don't actually do any of the work that comes in. I guess I am an enabler. What I do makes it so everyone else can work.

But I like to garden and crochet, I have lots of animals I play with all day. I collect things (barbies, breyer horses, dragons, fairies).

*waves to all the other Michiganders*

I was born in Lansing, MI as well, and grew up in the Battle Creek/Charlotte/Jackson area till I moved to TN when I was 23, then moved onto GA a couple years after that. Now that I have a mortgage, I'll be in GA for a long time to come LOL.

I collect Pigs and dust, like to scrapbook, I live with my partner of over 4 years, 2 cats, dog and bird and I work in Health Insurance where just staying awake each day at my desk is quite a feat most days lol.

I have 2 children, and the youngest one is in the avatar pic. I work full time as a paralegal, which is sometimes more than full time. I am also widowed. Most of the time, I just work--especially now, because I have a lot of cases coming to trial right now.