2008 Spring Fling Contest Results

The 2008 Spring Fling Contest Results

I would like to start off by thanking all of you who participated in this contest. As the entries started rolling in this year, I sat with a smile saying to myself, now that's the winner! As the entry count climbed, a feeling a dread crept in… it was just going to be impossible to pick the winners. I wasn't alone; the judges went from glee to gloom as we neared the end of almost 250 pictures. One of the judges even resigned which left me with no choice but to call my Mom out the bull pen to help. It was a daunting task, but after rounds of voting and a lot of shouting, the decisions were made. With that being said, I present you the winners of the 2008 Spring Fling Contest:

First Place - Congratulations Annie Guiney!

1st-dollhouse-contest-2008.jpg

Annie Wins a $300 Gift Certificate to the Greenleaf Company Store and Re-names this Dollhouse!

That's right, I'm happy to re-introduce you to one of our newest dollhouses, Annie's Lobster Shack. In addition to bragging rights, Annie will get $300 to spend at will in the Greenleaf Company Store! That's even enough to buy our flagship model, the Garfield Dollhouse!

Second Place - Congratulations giftbox!

2nd-dollhouse-contest-2008.jpg

Donald Wins a Select Edition of the Brookwood Dollhouse

The Select Edition of the Brookwood Dollhouse was a special production run in which we upgrade the kit to the finest birch plywood we could find. We only ran 20 of these houses and they are currently sold out (Donald get's the last one we have)! Learn more about the Brookwood Select here.

Third Place - HOLLY SMOKES, IT'S A THREE WAY TIE!

Again, I have to say that the entries we received this year were just amazing; amazing to the point that selecting just three winners seemed to be an impossible task. After a hopeless dead lock, we decided to name three third place winners which I listed in alphabetical order.

Congratulations brandan!

3rd-B-dollhouse-contest-2008.jpg

Congratulations Elicia!

3rd-EL-dollhouse-contest-2008.jpg

Congratulations evervescent!

3rd-EV-dollhouse-contest-2008.jpg

Brandan, Elicia and Andrea have each won a Select Edition of the Vineyard Cottage

The Vineyard Cottage has just been released and like the Brookwood Dollhouse, we had a special production run in which we upgrade the kit to the finest birch plywood we could find. The Select Edition of the Vineyard Cottage is still available exclusively at the Greenleaf Company Store which you can learn more about here.

I would like to close by saying that we truly enjoyed all 82 entries. I'm my book, they were all winners! All entries are available for viewing online in our Community Contests and Classes Gallery which you can visit here.

A Personal Thanks to the Judges

This was a task I'd wish on no one. Massive thanks to Bev, my big sister Lisa and my mother Marie for a job well done!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations to all of you! :) What an awesome contest this was, and am glad to see that most of the ones I had picked are in the winner's circle! Job Well Done by all!!!

Enjoy your prizes..you deserve every bit of it!!!

Chris

Guest Nathaniel
Congratulations to the winners !! Great job

Dean, Can we know who the 12 were? Thanks

Yes, Id also LOVE to know who the top 12 were.... Can you post that Dean?

Let us know!

THank you,

Nathaniel :)

I think the "12" was only at the beginning when they had a deadlock and no one could decide..might be best to let that part alone and just congratulate the winners. It is pretty obvious that they had a difficult decision with all the creative entries, but I think they did a great job considering all that pressure. Well done Greenleaf team! :)

I think the "12" was only at the beginning when they had a deadlock and no one could decide..might be best to let that part alone and just congratulate the winners. It is pretty obvious that they had a difficult decision with all the creative entries, but I think they did a great job considering all that pressure. Well done Greenleaf team! :)

Thank you Chris, I whole heartly agree.

A serious thank you needs to be given to the judges.

I don't think I could have picked a winner bound to a chair at gun point!

You all had an almost impossible task to pick any at all, and YOU judges need to take yourself to a fine dinner and celebrate your impossible task!

:)

Just want to add my CONGRATULATIONS to the winners to this list. I agree that everyone was a winner b'cuz I've not seen so much creativity in one place in a VERY long time ... if ever !!!

I'm kinda secretly glad, now, that I didn't get mine finished one time cuz I'd be embarrassed at the crudeness of mine in comparison to this fabulous gallery of talented artists. You are a superior bunch of creative spirits !!!

:) Hats off to all the entrants and especially our newest list of winners.

Congratulations to all the winners!! All of the entries were so amazing, it must have been so hard to choose. Thanks to everyone at Greenleaf for having another fun contest.