Is This a Bashed Westville

It's hard to tell. I wouldn't have spotted it as a Westville but since you asked, I do see similarities. If it is, they did an awful lot of work on it.

I'm curious now. Has anyone tried emailing the seller?

I've never actually used Ebay to buy or sell anything yet. What does "reserve not met" mean?? And yes, you would think that if they were serious about selling it they would have at least dusted it first!!! It is beautiful, though.

Cuppa, it means the seller set a minimum amount (reserve) that they would sell the house for. Say the reserve is $101. They can start the bidding at $1, but none of the bids are valid until the price reaches $101. Once it's hit $101, the seller has to sell it to the highest bidder. But if it only gets up to $100, the auction doesn't go through.

So, "reserve not met" means that no one's hit the reserve yet. I find reserves annoying because you don't know how high it is. Say I bid $100, and the reserve's not met. I'd be willing to pay an extra $1, and if I knew the reserve was $101, I'd bid that. If the reserve was $500, I wouldn't bother bidding in the first place. I'd rather the sellers just set their starting price at the lowest price they'd be willing to accept, rather than setting it at something much lower but having a reserve.

I'd rather the sellers just set their starting price at the lowest price they'd be willing to accept, rather than setting it at something much lower but having a reserve.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I assumed that was how it worked. I guess not. Thanks for explaining it! If I ever do sell something, I will put the starting bid at the reserve.

The shape is similar to a Westville, but I don't think it started as one. Look at the ends of the walls and floors: the wood is thicker than Greenleaf wood, probably 3/8" plywood instead of 1/8". You can also just barely see the walls and floors joining with notches, which is 3/8" construction, not 1/8" tab-and-slot.

Since the dollhouse is supposedly a replica of a real house, this may just be a case where both this house and the Westville had similar originals. Although the Westville is always described as being inspired by an early 20th century "kit house," Carpenter Gothic is more appropriate to the mid-19th century.