DuraCraft Victorian Mansion 800

Hello from a new member. Have a DuraCraft Victorian Mansion 800, and I am wondering what people can tell me about this kit. How old was the kit? Is DuraCraft still in business? When was this kit discontinued? Any information members would have to offer would be nice to know. I think I've attached a photo of this one. Sincerely, Jame

post-3208-1212964113_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Dura-Craft folded its tents for good a couple of years ago, after trying to convert their former wonderful wooden kits to MDF and I think the Victorian Mansion went the way of the Cambridge and some of the other kits that didn't make it to the MDF version.

That house is showing up in my 1994 dura-craft catalog but the one I have in 1996 does not show it at all so it must have been discontinued in 94 or 95 but officially not in production in 1996.

I LOVE that house! It's Gorgeous!

• Like 1

The House is big, the music box piano is just about the right size. This house was built quite some time ago, and the interior items are in storage boxes at the moment. I have a feeling this doll house will find a place inside the real house. As long as the cat leaves it alone.... When it gets all set up, I will take some photos and post them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Victorian Mansion dollhouse. It was a Christmas gift in 1982 for me when I was a young girl. My father put it together and I played for countless hours with it. As I grew older and more appreciative of the grandeur of the house, I asked my dad to paint it "victorian" and he also added hardwood flooring planks throughout. It is a huge house and hard to display for that reason.

It was a Dura-craft kit. I called Dura-craft in the early 90's for replacement pieces. At that time, I believe they told me that to buy that type of kit at that time, it would be around $600.

I am curious to find out where you obtained the house and how much the house is valued today. Please respond if you can.

• Like 1

• 9 years later...

Hello, I purchased this same style house and for the life of me I could not find any info on it. I got it for $20 dollars and it also came with another kit that they threw in as well.

It is a very big house but its so beautiful. Thank for sharing the info. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Barnhouse said:

Hello, I just picked up this house but there are no instructions anyone have them? I really want to put it together NeedHelp please, Sarah

Here you go Sarah

https://www.dollhouseworkshop.net/instructions/duracraft/VM800.pdf

• 3 years later...

I 1st bought this kit in 1978 for $199.00 with my Tax Refund.  I sold that house when we moved out of state in 1996.  I just bought it again.  The maker's date on the new one is 1983.  The 1977 model was made with thicker wood.  The 1983 model is made out of presswood and is not so strong.  The walls easily bend and crack but I'm glad to have the chance to build my dream dollhouse again.

Edited by bootsgrandma2
spelling error
  • Like 1