Snowing like crazy here

Wolfie

I have created an album - but in my excitement I uploaded the photos twice. Will take more pictures in an hour.....

This is a very serious snow storm....coming down thick and heavy! In one photo you can see my deck with my Norfolk Island Pines, I can't bring them back in - and the sprinkler tripod one one corner of the deck.......

Bring shovels if you come to visit......

Not really unusual though.....back a few years we had 3 1/2 feet of snow in June.....took out the whole power grid it was so heavy - from Missoula to Kalispell. It was such a bad storm. It is still coming down. In an hour I will take a few more pictures. We are warm, safe and dry - will keep you posted though. I remember back then we couldn't even use our well and had no electricity for a week. Thank god for our propane stove in the kitchen (no oven though - that's electric) and for the heating stove in the living room which is alsopropane, so we will be OK. We also had no toilet! We have a medical toilet that we got when I broke my leg....that works! Grrrr.....I wish spring would get here!

LOL

Guest Nathaniel

I live in Massachusetts and the Radio said today that it could get as high as 97 degrees here today, but it will feel like it is over 100 degrees. This is the 4th day in a row of 90-100 degree weather! We are officially in the midst of a heat wave here! But, I think it is supposed to start to cool off tomorrow. Crazy though, how it could be snowing in one part of the country, and 100 degrees in my part... :lol:

-Nathaniel

I used to live in Massachusetts too.......my last address there was Westminster - near Fitchberg. Don't miss it though....the humidity, the black flies....we don't have them here, or moisquitoes - at least not up as high as we are!

The snow is now 1/2 inch and it's falling like there is no tomorrow. More pictures added to the album from 8:45.......

We will see what 9:30 looks like! It's a clam chowder day here today! That's always cheerful on a day like this! Homemade and hot and bubbly......

Poor Princess is so confused - picture in album - she is wondering "why is this stuff back?" LOL

Poor Wolfie, Princess and Doug!

Go away snow, it is June in the northern hemisphere, and although you're in the mountains, you're dumping your load on too low ground!

Sending warming wishes your way...

I would love a quick dusting like that! I am finishing my last week of school with the students, I am soaked right now today I am in charge of jumpy air bouncer things in the gym, yesterday I popped 50lbs of popcorn for the whole school. I feel like I ran off to join the carnies. I draw the line if they want me to follow ponies around with a shovel tommrow... that is not in my contract!!!!

Enjoy your chowder! Mmmm sounds good even in this heat!

I'm in central Wisconsin -- about 2 hours away from the town that is no more -- the dam burst, and washed it away...

Thankfully we're high and dry..and pleasant, today, temps in the 70's and a nice breeze, after several days of hot, humid, tons of rain and nasty storms. We live on TOP of a hill, though...in sandy soil..so no problems here! :lol:

Don't think I could tolerate snow in June, though...I'd be out there with my hair dryer, or somethin! :huh:

well we haven't had snow, we have had torrential flooding. i am talking severe, like people's houses are destroyed the worst it has been in my area since 1913......

Oh Ann, that is sooooo awful. We saw it on MSNBC news. Terrible. We have about 4 1/2 inches already. I've been busy putting water into all the pots, pans, buckets etc., that I can in case the power goes out. We're supposed to get between 8 and 24 inches of snow before tomorrow. It is still coming down - lighter right now, then it turns heavy and windy. All is battened down here, just setting aside lots of drinking water and water for toilet flushing and cooking just in case. It is best to be prepared. That last storm we were scraping snow off the decks and boiling it for drinking water and cooking - and washing. There was no work for me then, the power was out for 6 days from Missoula to Kalispell quite a bit north of here.

The major passes are passable now with chains but with warnings too. Some of them are closing down in a couple of hours. At least here on our mountain we can't get flooded out. But our rivers are quite swollen what with the heavy downpours and now this snow. They are full to overflowing their banks, and dark chocolate brown with sediment and silt. Missoula used to floor out years ago, then the built a dam....well guess what, they took out the dam last year, and there is going to be flooding in Missoula again.

So depressing.

We had nasty storms blow through here Sunday afternoon. This is what I have in my pretty backyard. You couldn't walk five feet without climbing over branches. I think I would have preferred snow. We also haven't had power since Sunday and no forecast as to when it will be back on.

The weather report said 110 by Monday here. But then I survived the 122 we had years ago. If power goes out we get in the pool. What a wonderful country we live in. We can experience any type of weather or scenery in our own country.

By t he way send me some snow wolfe

its been close to 100 the past few days, though today wasnt bad we had a wicked storm last night and there were lots of trees down and we lost power for a few minutes. i could feel the walls moving from the wind. we live on the second floor. I love the winter but i dont mind that dry heat. its the humidity that i hate. i cant stand sweating.

We had a total of 8 inches between my last post and yesterday it stopped snowing around noontime, and it changed to rain. Most of it is gone from roads and driveways, and a lot of it is gone from the meadows. Just the remains on the deck from where it fell off the roof is still deep. We are supposed to have clearing skies with temps in the 90's by the weekend. Lordy I'm gonna want my snow back.

Terrible storms, and the pictures here on the list are just so sad. Flooding, tornadoes, snow and ice, heavy rain. We've had it all haven't we here in the states. I was so tired out yesterday I just slept a lot, cried for those in danger and just "vegged" out.

Thank you all for all your prayers and thoughts. Mine go out to you as well.