Flower Border Class

Linda, No sling shots either <Heee Hee Haa Haa Haa  :blink: > ;)  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wait a minute now! Deb's the one that gave out the slingshots, and you can't possibly expect me not to use a brand new slingshot! That's preposterous!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: You all are bad ;) . Okay, we can chew gum and throw spit balls or wet toilet paper and throw them on the ceilings But no rocks. Plus, you know what happened to Goliath when David threw a stone using a sling shot ;) :blink:

:blink: You all are bad  ;) . Okay, we can chew gum and throw spit balls or wet toilet paper and throw them on the ceilings But no rocks. Plus, you know what happened to Goliath when David threw a stone using a sling shot  ;)  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hate it for Goliath! He should have ducked!

Can we have wine, and cheese, and grapes?

However, I am all up for pelting the cable guy

Thank you for your support, I was ready to "belt" the guy today, but he finally did his job. Sorry about the "oaf". Are you ok?

Peggi

This class is going to be a blast! I want a slingshot too!! :blink: I have a few people (not any of you) I'd like to pelt! Anybody know where to get a rocket launcher?!! :blink:

I'll bring the green apple pucker!! ;)

Thank you for your support, I was ready to "belt" the guy today, but he finally did his job.  Sorry about the "oaf".  Are you ok? 

Peggi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad the cable guy came through, can't let anything get in the way of mini making :blink:

I'm okay, just incredibly irritated :blink:

:blink: You all are bad  ;) . Okay, we can chew gum and throw spit balls or wet toilet paper and throw them on the ceilings But no rocks. Plus, you know what happened to Goliath when David threw a stone using a sling shot  ;)  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We sometimes play this game with the preschool Sunday School class. But the kids always pick me to be Goliath. Can I be David this time?

Kids are funny ... when we play Daniel in the Lions' Den ... they "let me" be Daniel while they act out the parts of the hungry snarling lions.

From their point of view, it doesn't matter if they're heroes or villains ... they just don't want to be the one that gets hurt!! LOL

Susanne

I'm going to miss all the fun. :blink: I have to have dinner with my in-laws. I will be thinking of you all! It's not that I dislike them or anything, I'd just rather be here for the class. And if you have it in the chat room, I can't look at it the next day. Pish posh!!!! Fish sticks!!!!

There will still be pictures and directions for everyone. I will post them AFTER the class. You must promise to show pictures though :blink:

I promise! I'm so excited about this that I have three sections of basswood cut to fit the outside edges of the Pierce front porch for borders there, and two pieces of cardboard cut and ready to make borders for the Orchid. (not that I plan on doing more than one during the class, but I want to apply my new knowledge immediately. You can guess what I'll be doing the rest of Sunday night!)

My tray of supplies is all set up in the studio, ready to bring in here to the computer and I even have my extention cord already plugged into the power strip here for the glue gun. See? <holding up extension cord>

<twirling around in my chair> I'm reeeeeeally glad that you're giving us this opportunity. There's nothing I like better than learning something new and I've wanted to learn landscaping more than anything else.

Is it too early to plug in my glue gun? <cackle>

Deb

This class is going to be a blast!  I want a slingshot too!!  :blink:  I have a few people (not any of you) I'd like to pelt!  Anybody know where to get a rocket launcher?!!  :blink:

I'll bring the green apple pucker!!  ;)

How big a rocket launcher do you want? ;) It's only an hours drive from here to the Army Surplus outside of Fort Carson. Will you settle for a Super Soaker and a Nerf Gun instead? <handing over a slingshot> This will get you started, but you can only aim for cable guys and oafish types. Hmmmm. If you're going to have some Pucker, maybe you'll want to save the slingshot for later.

Oh! Pucker! Great idea!!! <putting glasses in the freezer to chill> How about some brownies to go with it? <placing a big platter on the table> And they're virutal brownies so they can be double fudge with lots of nuts with no calories at all.

Deb

Deb, I love the way you think!! I guess I'll settle for a super soaker and a nerf gun! ;)

Bring on the double fudge with nuts brownies!! I'm getting a sugar high just thinking about it! ;)

Hmm . . . do sugar and potentially hazardous toys mix? :p

Tracy, I have my camera at the ready so I will post pictures as soon as the class is over! ;)

Okay, well now my son is sick, so I will be home tomorrow night after all. I may be too exhausted to log on, but I will try! I feel so bad... we've had a very hectic week, doing a lot of things in the cold weather, and I knew he wasn't feeling good today but we had plans so we went anyway, and then tonight he says he threw up in his mouth (thank goodness it didn't go anywhere else!) and he's all hoarse and stuffy. Poor tyke. 700 students are out sick at a local high school with a stomach virus. Lovely! Ya'll may be the only social contact we have for the next few days!

well Im ready!

I got my kit out and looked through it....and than I got out my hot pink mini glue gun! and finally found my sticks. I always put them somewhere Ill remember them so its always someplace different so it can be a challenge to find them.

I also found some paper roses at wal-mart I thought would make a sweet garden patch. so I got one in each color...

post-9-1140932650_thumb.jpg see all ready!!

and Im all ready for the extra ciricular activities! ;)

post-9-1140932747_thumb.jpgbut no slingshot! :lol:

so Im sittin behind Linda and passin the ammo!

see yall tomorrow night!

nutti ;)

I really hope I dont forget! :p

so Im leavin my box of things on my desk.

hopefully that will do it. ;)

and what time is that my time? in Missouri?

I am soo excited about this class. It will be the first time I have ever done an online class. I took all the stuff out of the bags, then realised they may have been numbered for a reason. I added some more landscaping stuff I found in a drawer and finally found a base. I decided to make my base a little bigger then the 8X8 i think it was to be. My base will be 8X10 because I needed a little more room for a last minute idea, that's the reason I am posting after midnight. I decided that the fence would look great between two brick pilliars. So off to find appropriate pieces of wood. hmm found 2 that were close to the same size. OHH Darrell,can you cut these for me? lol. He cut them and I placed the brick tape on them after sealing them and painting the base color. My applying brick stencils on a pillar is difficult, especially if the only stencil you ever layed was the random brick pattern. Darrell also mixed and applied the magic stone. I think he took pity on me as I was about to cry because I was tired and could not get the mortar lines to line up right, even after several tries. The pilliars look good and are drying now. Tomorrow morning I will drill holes to insert the fence into the sides and paint a base color on the base. Then wait for the class.

Melissa

well Im ready!

I got my kit out and looked through it....and than I got out my hot pink mini glue gun! .

Woohooo! Now that's a seriously stylin' glue gun!!

and Im all ready for the extra ciricular activities! ;)

hehehehehehehehhehe<cackle>hehehehehehehee <gasp, gasp> hahahahahhahahhahahahhahahaha

<breathe Deb, breathe> heheheheheheheheheheheheeehehehehe <crawling back up off the floor to reach the keyboard>

Aw Nutti, yer such a nut!

Deb <falling back on the floor and laughing hysterically>

My base will be 8X10 because I needed a little more room for a last minute idea, that's the reason I am posting after midnight. I decided that the fence would look great between two brick pilliars. So off to find appropriate pieces of wood. hmm found 2 that were close to the same size. OHH Darrell,can you cut these for me? lol.

Melissa, I think you've defined the meaning of "mini-maker"! ;) I'm not sure what's more impressive.......you being so dedicated after midnight or Darrell getting up to cut the wood! But what a totally awesome idea! I can't wait to see how it comes out, because what you're describing is completely unique and creative!

Deb

I have both a high temp glue gun and a low temp glue gun.  You definitely want the low temp one.  The high temp one will melt your plastic flowers!    The low temp one is nice because you can actually pull things off after the glue has cooled if you don't like the way they look, and you can push the glue into place with your fingers.  It's hot when it first squeezes out, but a few seconds after that it's cool enough to manipulate.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I need to know more about this low temp glue gun. It sounds like it might be better for me. I get confused when doing things and would need extra time to get things in order.

With having MS, would the low temp gun be harder for me to squeeze the glue out?

I'm getting so excited about the class tonight that I am already getting my work area set up! ;)

I need to know more about this low temp glue gun. It sounds like it might be better for me. I get confused when doing things and would need extra time to get things in order.

With having MS, would the low temp gun be harder for me to squeeze the glue out?

I don't think the low-temp is any harder to squeeze than the high temp. I have tendonitis in my hands, so I can sympathize. It just takes a little longer to warm up to start using it (longer for the glue to start melting). I plug it in about ten minutes before I'm going to use it.

Basically, most of the glue guns sold in craft stores are low-temp (for safety reasons). It will say on the package what it is. I think I got my mini one for about $5.

I think it is for me (could be the brand I buy I don't know). I actually bought it twice by accident. The glue comes out slower which means more time for me to sqeeze. ;)

Will the hot melt really melt my flowers, it is the only one I have and I don't have time to get another one.

I too am ready, I've laid out all the supplies (still in #bags), cut my cardboard and have found an extension cord.

Don't have slingshot, so I'll be in the back with the straw shooter LOL

Peggi