new here, from NC

thystle

Hi, everyone! Finally joined after lurking around here for a while. I've been doing miniatures off and on for about 20 years, although I oddly enough don't have much to show for it, especially since my first house (and most of the contents) got destroyed in a tornado. :p

Right now I have a Duracraft 500 farmhouse with the exterior almost finished, and what I've been told is a Batrie southern mansion type that I bought at a yard sale years ago, and a nursery roombox that I made. Oh, and five kits, a RGT "The Jr." addition, odd and end mini items, a bunch of House of Miniatures kits, and probably more books and magazines than a sane woman needs.

Anyway, I've been checking out the galleries, and you folks do some awesome work! It's good to be here amongst similarly afflicted mini nuts. ;)

Sheila

Welcome, Sheila! What house is that in your avatar? At first glance I thought it was a Dura-Craft Madison, but I don't think so now. It's very nice. We're glad to have you along for the ride!