Hi from sunny South Africa!

gwens

My husband and I have just joined your community, so hi to all you obsessed mini-people in the big world of miniatures. We actually began miniatures in 1983 when we bought a Garfield kit at Olla Podrida in Dallas, Texas, where we were living at that time. The house is beautifully finished now (!) and modified to suit the needs of the family who lives in it.

My husband has designed and built an extension in the same style, complete with what we call 'broekie lace' trims for the roof. Downstairs consists of a utility room, computer room/office and games room plus a garage, with a rim-flow swimming-pool on the patio overlooking the garden between the houses. We are allowing a touch of Africa to steal into the second floor, with a bed and breakfast, with kichenette and bathroom, containing colonial style furnishings and African art. There is an attic for all the left-over junk that any establishment of this nature might collect.

We are hoping to finish all the details for our Cape Town Miniature Fair on September the 6th. We will supply photos soon.

Welcome to our "little" family, Gwen, and jump right in and share the fun. When you've made five posts you can open am album in the Gallery to show off your Garfield & the other houses you & your DH will build.

Guest Nathaniel
Welcome! I can't wait to see your Garfield. It sounds wonderful!

Hi and Welcome to the forum.

Hi and :) !! I can't wait to see pictures. It sounds amazing.

:)

Welcome!! Your house sounds very interesting.

DITTO!