6/21/08 Which are you?

Which are you?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which are you? An Introvert or extravert?

• Extravert - I talk to People & Things young or old
    • Introvert - you better be gald I voted
    • Somewhere in between - I like to be around people socially but, I like quiet time away from others

very shy in person. I hate telephones, but I'm a yak-aholic on e-mail.

Very much an introvert. Hubby is an extravert, he's never met a stranger and will start a conversation with anyone. My older brother and I are very similiar. My Mom and middle brother enjoy being around people or on the phone all the time

Hmmm, while it is definitely true I am a raging introvert, when I am "out and about", I tend to be very upfront about things. Having said that, I do make every effort to be "out and about" as little as possible (except for fun things like shopping for mini treasures). I have even had neighbors (on the rare occasions they are able to spot me) ask if I am alright. Because? They never see me! LOL! My ex-husband (the anti-Christ) always scathingly told me that I am the only person he has ever known who would actually be happy living alone in a house in the middle of 6000 acres with a 100-foot fence. True, but what is wrong with that???

• 2 months later...

I marked myself as in the middle, but am much more on the introvert side. I just love being home alone or with my husband (and kids - 9, 12, 15). However, since I had to stop work almost 5 years ago because of a chronic illness, I do miss talking to people, so, when I get the chance, I tend to talk too much!

This community has provided me with some more 'outside' contact that I need and, although I am a newbie with ambitious plans, I am starting to feel at home as everyone is so welcoming and helpful. :)

When I was young I was totally an extrovert. But as an adult it depends on how I am feeling. I have "anxiety and panic attacks" so there are times when I find it hard being around anyone. It was strange for me to feel like this so I knew I needed to go to the doctor. Medicine helps but it does not fix it all the time. :)

• 1 month later...

I am in the middle. I am not afraid to strike up a conversation with a stranger, but I do not need to be the life of the party either. After a few hours I find socializing draining and I want to be back home in my garden or workroom. I am quite happy spending the day with my pets. John is a chatter and sometimes I think my ears are going to break, listening to each word. I zone out and nod now and then, smile and say "hmm" and hope he gets the message soon. Quiet! Rita

I'm what I've heard termed an "extroverted introvert." I don't like being by myself. When I'm alone I tend to go a little crazy and imagine things in closets and behind doors and such. *Shivers* However I DO like it when I know someone is in the house and I can spend time with my crafts in another room.

I prefer, however, to be around people. Just not in the spotlight. I'm always in the background, talking to 2-3 people who share the same type of personality/have a lot in common.

• 3 months later...

I'm glad the poll had 3 options; I can, and do, talk to people easily on just about any subject, but my "ME" time is very valuable to me. As an only child I always wanted to be a hermit - but not a poor one! I didn't want to live alone in a shack in the woods, I wanted to live alone in a roomy upscale house and not have to interact with people at all! Kind of hard to make a living that way! (This was pre-Internet days) Instead I met DH-to-be in highschool and married at 19! We raised three children and traveled extensively and now my hermit-wish is returning -- I enjoy being alone, actually crave solitude, and escaping into the miniature world is the BEST "me" time there is!

Anna is right, teachers have to be extroverts, putting on a show all the time. The longer I have taught, the more introverted I have become on my own time. After dealing with kids and parents and other teachers all day, I really need the quiet and solitude at night. But when we do go out with family or friends, I enjoy visiting with them tremendously-just don't ask me to do it too often!

I am definitely an introvert.

I outgrew my shyness years ago, but still need a lot of me time.

And I don't think that teachers need to be extroverts. Yes, I have to stand in front of a room and talk to people, but there is also a lot about teaching that is solitary; I spend a lot of time alone planning lessons and grading papers, and I am on my own as far as deciding what I do in the classroom. I enjoy my students and my colleagues, but I never see them after hours.

• 3 months later...

Okay Im not sure what I am. I really dont like being around lots of people (hmmmmm you wouldnt know it by my job - but I am working on that). I really love my family time and love love love my ME time (dollhouse room here I come ;) ) I dont like starting conversations but when it comes to being at the dollhouse store, show or anything to do with mini's I may not keep my little ole yap quiet :D

Donna

I started wondering today about how many people here in our Greenleaf Neighborhood, are introverts (shy, reticent) and how many are extraverts (Outgoing and very expressive). I have been told by people who don't know me, that they think I am shy. I do find it very hard to start conversations and feel self-conscience when I don't know a person well :p . But, once I get to know a person, I am very outgoing and expressive (can't shut me up then :cry: :lol: ).

That's pretty much me, or at least it was. I still think of myself as an introvert, but definitely have times when I am an extrovert, so much so that it surprizes people! However, NEVER ask me to speak in front of a crowd!

I voted for the middle ground.I love yakking to people..almost never run out of things to say.I understand shy,quiet people and try to make them comfortable when meeting for the first time.I like pleasant noise..always have tv or radio on,like to keep up with current events even when they're sad.But I also enjoy alone time..time to read,do my DH projects,and do my online stuff! Love this site- it's the best of both worlds-many

friendly people and solitary at the same time. I'm very lacking in self confidence but do

better than I used to..thank you again,Greenleaf! I feel I can fit in here quite well.

Wow, this was a good subject!!!

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

I am an introvert by definition. I need alone time to regenerate and do not enjoy prolonged periods with lots of people. One the other hand, I behave like an extrovert since I am a teacher and have to be upbeat with children, parents, and coworkers. So my day job is being an extrovert, and when I come home, I get to hole up and have much needed quiet serenity. I look forward to when I can retire and be a hermit enjoying my hobbies. :)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have Asperger Syndrome and I am not only an introvert by nature but also a loner by choice. Don't get me wrong, I can talk to people when I want to and when I absolutely have to. But if I had a choice, I'd go through life only seeing people once a week or less, if possible. I guess I'm an extreme introvert! LOL

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I think I'm in between. I can handle being around people, so long as they're nice. I can't handle rudeness, or unkind people. If they get loud or obnoxious, it's time for me to go. If they start getting out of line, I make haste and remove myself from the situation. I like peace and quiet, and prefer it to noisy, chaotic places. I guess I would say maybe I'm further to the introverted side. :)

~morning

• Like 1

Maybe Kat.. Maybe. :D.. I think that is one of the reasons I love miniatures so much. I can lose myself in working on mine and I don't get judged for it. This community is good for me. This family is helpful and warm and caring. We understand each other and we don't look down on each other for some of our ideas. I'd said to someone earlier that I have never fallen so quickly in love with a community as I have this one. Nor have I felt so safe in a community, as I do this one. This community is a family! When I've asked for help, this family has been right here to share, when I was sure I'd messed up something for good, y'all were right here to help. I am going to need some nudging when it comes time to put the walls up. I'm still working on popping out the window pieces. :D.. I want to color some of the windows (give them a stained glass look)... I'm thinking seriously about this.. .btw. <3

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

~morning