Might be admitted to hospital

tracibobs

We'll i have had very high blood preasure for a long time know but did not have a lot of money to go to the doctor but i broke down and paid the 100.00 and went back to my dr after a year of not seeing him. and after reading my blood preasure he wasnted to put me in the hosp im in the stoke zone 209/106. I dont like being in the hosp so i told him no so im trying a medication that has started to bring it down a little bit but i have to go every day and get my preasure taken and if it does not go down anymore then it has in another week he said he would like me to rethink the hosp.

I really hope the meds start lowering it more i really dont want to go to the hosp. For starters i cant afford it no insurance and cant afford that either I hav not sick pay at work and the biggest i have a HUGE fear of needles the last time i had to have my blood drawn it was in the hosp and I was so scared and crying they had to order me something to calm me down its not that im a baby its just thats how scared i have always been and i cant help it.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that it goes down thanks all for listening

Tracibobs.

I do hope you can get your blood pressure under control with the meds.

If you do have to be hospitalized (and I hope it is for the high blood pressure and not a stroke!), do remind your doctor that you don't have insurance. Some hospitals have programs designed for folks without insurance or with inadequate insurance, and they'll either "forgive" or reduce your bill.

I hope you get over your needle phobia, too. What if you contract some illness -- like diabetes, for example, where you have to inject yourself regularly? I was scared of needles too..and now, for the last 15 years or so, inject myself daily. If your phobia really is so severe you can't even have someone else inject you, you might talk with your doctor about that and see if there isn't some psycological help he could offer.

Get that pressure down. Try relaxing and deep breathing with your eyes shut. No salt on food and go to the hospital if nothing works.

I'm with you about not wanting to go to the hospital. I have been in the hospital 11 times in the last 14 months and trust me I don't want to go again. However hospital is better now than after a stroke. Take care of yourself kiddo and do whatever will keep you active and well.

They do have some great medications out there and I bet the medication works. I think that they only wanted you in the hospital to adjust medication under supervision.

Good luck, prayers are coming your way along with many hugs and well wishes.

Oh nooo Traci!

I can tell you that the BP meds work, and usually within the 1st week or 2.

Just dont drink coffee, or alchohol until you get it down, and meditate as much as you can.

I got mine down to 120/74 from 160/100 after a couple of months of meds, and watching what I ingest.

Also, when your BP starts to go down, try to get on an excersize program. That helps quite a bit as well.

Oh, I hope you don't need hospitalization!!

Hugs,

Monica

You need to work on those fears!

As for not being able to afford being in the hospital... They have programs and do payments for people who

do not have insurance. They do not annouce this but I know they have these programs.

Traci, no one hates hospitals more than I, but with BP that high it isn't "just" a stroke you need to worry about! Your entire cardiovascular system is being damaged by the high pressures, including your major organs served by it (heart, lungs, brain, eyes, kidneys...) Do what you must to get it down. Drink water, cut back on salt, fat and if you don't already do so, do at least 15-30 minutes of exercise a day; just go out for a long walk! But bring that pressure down, and injoy your surroundings while you do it. Meditation is also great.

Relax...Think calming low blood pressure thoughts....

There is help with medical bills if you have no insurance. Do not worry about it at this point. If you have to go into the hospital, you have to go.

As for needles, I have no way of telling you not to worry about it. Let`s hope you get a vampire for a phlebotomist so that it will not be painful AT ALL. (at Fred`s hospital they call the really good stickers vampires, in and out and you never know what hit you)

Oh, dear!!! PLEASE do whatever you need to do to get that blood pressure down. I was in a similar situation back in 2000....I didn't think I needed the meds, plus I didn't have Rx insurance.

I got up one morning and was having a problem breathing and didn't have my inhaler with me. I had spent the night in a hotel about an hour from home on business, and figured I could get home, use my inhaler, and would be ok. Bad decision. About halfway home I was coughing and spitting up fluid and having a harder time breathing. I was also going into panic mode, which just made it worse. I pulled into a hotel, staggered into the front desk, and made motions for them to call 911. At that point I could barely talk. The ambulance got there within 2 minutes, loaded me up, and rushed me to the hospital...they made the 25 mile trip in 7 minutes!!

My lungs had filled with fluid, my kidneys had shut down, and I was in heart failure. I had also had a mild heart attack. My blood pressure was 250/225. I was minutes away from dying, and it took 5 hours for them to get me stabilized.

Since then, I have not missed a day of medication...no matter how good I feel. I will never again underestimate the harm uncontrolled blood pressure can do.

Do everything the doctor says, and if you need to be hospitalized, do it! Better to negotiate a bill with the hospital than to die.

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Did I see somewhere that you WORK for a doctor? Why don't you ask him about your situation...maybe he can figure out the costs situation and get you treatment sooner!

yes I do work for a doctor been there 4 months im full time and he does not offer one penny of health insurance and will not give any medical advice or such to any employee. he is very very cheap im only gona stay till i have a year of experience and then i want to go somewhere else

I do so hope that the meds kick in quickly and get your blood pressure under control. I feel for you with your fear of needles and hospitals. I used to be very afraid of medical procedures, until I had some serious surgery 9 years ago. It's surprising how needles and such can become routine very quickly. I hope that this happens for you too. I'll be thinking about you, and hope you'll keep us posted on how you're doing.

Hugs

-Susanne

working on mini's has meditative properties doesnt it :D that should help bring down your BP

Good luck with the meds and hope you manage to avoid the hospital stay :yinyang:

Best of wishes Traci. I hope you get everything under control. Health problems are the worst as in they leave you in a state of limbo physically, emotionally, and financially. Just keep your chin up and remember you have a lot of people rooting for you. Just relax and take every moment the best you can and maybe it will all work out for you.

Ben

Traci, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Please do what needs to be done and leave the worrying for later. Life goes on no matter what we do or don't do ... but if you don't do this, you may not be here to go on.

Needles hint: When I was a kid in fear of a shot, my dad told me a trick. He pointed out to me that the hurt usually comes from the needle hitting a hard, tense, muscle. He said if I concentrated on relaxing the muscle so it was as soft as butter, it wouldn't hurt as much. It works. Don't know if it's the relaxed muscle or concentrating on something else as a distraction or a combination of both, but it works.

One time I had to take my niece, then about 5 years old, to the doctor for a shot. The nurse asked if I'd brought my earplugs, as Jenny was a screamer when it came to shots. While we waited for the doctor, I shared the above with Jen. I told her to tense up her muscle and pressed hard on it with my finger. Then I had her relax it and pressed again. Her eyes opened wide when she realized that the pressure on the soft muscle didn't hurt. Had the shot. No tears. Nurse and doctor were amazed. Jen and I just smiled.

we'll they took my bp today and it looks like its coming down slowly 168/82 still high but coming down thank you everyone for all your thought and parayers that makes yo feel so nice to know that ther a people that you have never meet face tio face that still care about you. thank you all very much

traci