I need to vent

badlilkit10

:) Were can someone turn to for all the support they need?? I turn here because since I never met any of you in person I feel as though I have known you all for a life time. My husband has been having a pain in his jawline and there is a bump of some sort that bothers him when he eats it swells and becomes very painful. Today the pain has become so bad he had to go to the doctor to get it checked. What they think it is may not be what we want it to be. So far they put him on some meds because they think it could be a salvery stone, like a kidney stone but in your salvery glands. So we have to hope in 8 days its better. No big deal well here is the kicker they said it could be cancer!!! Thats something neither one of us wants to hear. We are still newly weds trying to start a family and thats the last thing I want to hear. Im so sick worst than what I have been feeling.

Im just asking if anyone has had them before if you let me know what you experanced with them. And if not if you could all pray that its not cancer. Thanks in advance for your prayers Im going to need all the support I can get in the next 8 days.

Never had them or know anyone who has.

This is the best place to vent and to get lots and lots of healing vibes. I have been thru some medical stuff and I SWEAR if it wasn't for this place I do not know what would have happened.

I was in surgery, coming out of anesthesia and I had a dream...about dollhouses. So I think there was some divine dh intervention in the works there.

I personally will be thinking good thoughts that it is benign.

My aunt is in the medical field and I've heard from her about the whole gland thing clogging up and causing people lots of pain. I've never experienced it myslef but I will definitely be praying for both of you. My dad was diagnosed with cancer when I was in highschool and had it removed and my mom was misdiagnosed with skin cancer just last year. Her saying is "When in doubt cut it out!" Its very scarry to think about but you have eight days to find some way to brace yourself and you know that we will all still be here for you no matter what! Just remind yourself there is a purpose for everything...even when things are at there worst God's hand is at work for his good even when we don't understand the plan. We will all be rallying around you in the coming days!

I've said prayers for you and your husband. I've not heard of this problem before, but really hope that it will be nothing more than an uncomfortable experience for you and your husband.

Hugs

-Susanne

How scary for you!! Hope you'll be able to find out soon! I hate when doctors add that "might be cancer " part in there, 'cause that's all people hear, and then you have to worry for a whole week. I'm hoping it's like Pat said it's just an inflammation...I've seen people with it a few time...parotiditis, I believe they call it, and it goes away usually with medication. Will be sending good thoughts your way :unsure: Hang in there!!