Beacon Hill

Margaret

The good side is the best looking side, it's generally the smoothest. When you look at your schematic, the pieces are printed on paper like they are on the wood, good side up. Hope this helps.There are no stupid questions! :)

Definitley not a stupid question at all! I know I too had a :) moemnt (OK week or two) over some of the instructions when I started my Chantilly many years ago and that was very much prior to me knowing about the possibility of getting help like this not to mention what "flush" meant as in the dictionary it didn't say anything that made sense to me... That dictionary ought to be updated with dollhouse-building lingo LOL

Hugs and sooo looking forward to hearing and seeing your build!

I have a beacon Hill too and one thing that you should think about is where it will be living when it is finished! Because you can deliberately put it together inverted to that the sundeck porch is on the left instead of the right. After all, the majority of us cover the wood surface with siding, or plastor and the inside gets wall paper and flooring ect which will cover up the imperfections in the wood. I have even seen one house that is actually two beacon Hill houses (one inverted or put together with the wrong side) and joined in the middle to make a monster house. How cool!

Monique

• 1 month later...
I have even seen one house that is actually two beacon Hill houses (one inverted or put together with the wrong side) and joined in the middle to make a monster house.
Monique, that's what my two Fairfields have been muttering to me about.