Cross your fingers!

Deb

I'm begging for all the happy thoughts we can get folks! Bruce got a call from a satellite tv company today asking him to come in next Tuesday for a third interview. He has already had two interviews with the HR people, and the third and deciding interview is with the project manager. It's a good sign that he's in the final cut. The position is for a call center team manager. The company has been around for awhile, but this call center is fairly new and they're still getting their feet under them. They like the fact that Bruce has around 15 years of call center management experience in addition to being very technical about satellite systems. His dad's business was installing satellite dishes back when they were the size of space ships so he literally cut his teeth on them. And then he had 12 years in the Army Signal Corp using.......you guessed it........satellite communication systems. Oh, and for the past 10 years, he's done call center management for Comcast so he knows the cable tv side of it too.

So you can see how this job would be the perfect fit for everyone concerned. Bruce would love to get in on the ground floor of developing and growing a new call center and he's such a techy that he'd be very happy with this company.

At this point, it's going to be tough competition since most of the applicants are in-house so Bruce will have to stand out from the applicants that the project manager already knows personally. But we're very, very optimistic that this may be "the one".

Keep your fingers crossed, say a prayer, light a candle, send positive energy..........whatever happy thoughts you can send our way would be greatly appreciated.

Deb

Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way in great waves. But be sure and tell Bruce to take care and not get stressed over it, as a southern gentleman he can be laid back and still make a great impression.

I had all my fingers and toes crossed, but am now wondering how it went? when will he hear back? can i uncross everything yet? It would make packing easier, but I've still got a couple weeks to do it, so not too worried about uncrossing yet if it is still needed! :)

I had all my fingers and toes crossed, but am now wondering how it went? when will he hear back?

The interview went well. There were three managers, not just one so they were serious about considering Bruce. They didn't have a time frame for when they'd let him know if he got the job or not. They said there were some internal changes they had to take care of before they would make the final decision, so now we're just waiting to see if he beat out the internal competition or not. We're doing a lot of nail biting right now as we wait.

Deb

Funny update on the whole thing..........today Bruce got a call from another division of the same company asking him to interview for a different position. They didn't know about the first one coz this is the corporate office and the first one is the regional office. So one way or another, I think he's going to go to end up working for them!! If the two HR departments end up arm-wrestling to see who gets him, I wanna get a copy of it on video!

Deb