Has anyone tried the MINERAL Powder make-up???

Wee Obsession

I recently tried some less expensive brand. Am I doing something wrong????? Once I've applied an even amount it ENHANCES my wrinkles(53) MORE than cover anything up. The powder doesn't smooth anything and only covered the color variations of my skin :) tones , needless to say I am disappointed.

Sounds like it might be too much. My daughter had problems with it caking. I use it and find if I do exactly like they day I have no problem but if I don't tap the excess out of the brush I can get too much on and it cakes.

I also found that using a little of their cover up (small all over face container) on any discolorations I need to cover then I don't have to apply as much of the foundation.

I found the dvd video included very helpful.

I use it too (I'm 49), and I really like it....feels so light. I just "swirl" around eye area quite a bit. I just got some oil of olay filling and sealing wrinkle stuff and I think it rocks. I mainly just use that stuff when I'm going out. I keep the cheaper mineral stuff in my purse for touch up at work, and I don't think it compares with the other. (I use Bare Minerals) , however, my daughter uses Loreals new mineral foundation and likes that very much. Who knows!?

I have been thinking of buying this and I like that this topic came up. It helps me decide if I want to dare try it or not. I am not dealing with any wrinkles (except the furrow between my eyebrows) but I want to even out my skin coloring. Plus I have a pore problem. Wide as the Grand Canyon some of them.

Outside of lipstick i rarely use makeup. But when I feel like 'puttin on the dog' I do use the Bare Esentials and really like it. I had a lower face and neck lift after I shed 150 lbs and was kind of saggy. I've also had micro derm abrasion. I think the makeup helps.

I like it a lot. I never used foundation before this because it always felt too "heavy". I have an uneven skin tone. I am 37 and don't put on too much and have not noticed any caking. I use the one by Avon though.

I use Mineralogie natural mineral makeup. I have Rosacea and could not find any store ready product that would not irritate that skin condition, and or cover it so it did not look redder. 3 years ago I had my skin matched for Mineralogie, and I love it. My skin has actually improved using this. While it is expensive, you can do light applications and look wonderful. I have had to get a refill for mine only once a year, and I wear it to work, church and any public function. I have heard many many complaints of other mineral products caking or enhancing lines, I never have this happen. I would reccomend this brand product to anyone with sensitive skin, rosacea, facial scars, or those concerned with using non natural products on their skin. LOVE IT!!! You can search MINERALOGIE and get locaitons of those offering the service.. IT IS WORTH IT!!!

I use the mineral foundation and eye shadows from Mary Kay. You do need to tap off the brush or you get too much powder. I like the eye shadows because they don't crease and the foundation is so light that you don't even know that you have it on. Can't say that about liquid foundation. :)

lyn

Beauty Consultant time! I was a Mary Kay rep for almost 20 years....one thing I learned is when I started I used to use my fluffy brush and applied my face powder.......and it didn't show up the few wrinkles I had back then. HOWEVER, I no longer can use powder as it does enhance the wrinkles and lines of character. I only use my moisturizer and my foundation now and people don't believe I'm 67. They do say I look much younger. Less is more. You need the moisturizer and foundation - but after 55 please don't use the powder. It does age you. It gets into all the cracks and crevices and just stays there and becomes a bit discolored and then the lines and cracks show up! Forgo the powder.....just get a cream foundation and you won't have any problems.

For goodness sake if you DON'T want to wear "makeup" at least use a good moisturizer because if you don't take care of your skin, time will. And believe me time is not kind.

I was ecstatic over the mineral powders...but then I tried them and even tapping the brush to death, it still didn't look right. I found a wonderful liquid foundation that looks beautiful. Now I DO use the mineral blushes...they work beautifully. I've found that the older I get, the peach tones work much better with my skin-tone. Much more natural looking. 

I gave up on eye make-up awhile back, except for special occasions. Mascara, for some reason, always gives me an eye infection if I use it for more than several days. Even a brand new tube!

I used the Physicians(sp) Formula Mineral powder and foundation. I don't have wrinkles that I worry about but I did find that the powder went on way to heavy and never did look right with my skin. I am very pale and there is never a foundation that is the right shade for my skin. But this foundation did work on covering up my other skin problems. But still did not look right. I think it was too dark for my skin tone.