are you walking or bike riding more?

alycemina

I have started to walk or ride DH's bike to my studio (2 miles RT) to get some exercise and save gas. i filled my gas tank june 6 and still have 100 miles left of gas (and i only get 16 MPG in town) - of course, i dont go anywhere except the shops about 1 mile from my house and errands in the very local area. i am sooooo boring.

But my legs are killing me from the bike - i didnt realize that i was in such lousy shape - how does one deteriorate so fast?

I can neither ride a bike nor walk anymore...but I am indeed working hard to save gas. Used to be that we'd jump in the car and head to town for "every little thing". Now we're being careful to save up "needs" for one large shopping trip, and combine trips. My small car gets 29 miles to the gallon. I had been thinking about buying a new car this year, but instead I'll keep this one, at least for a few more years, and see what happens with this gas situation!

I think I probably walk more. It's 15 miles to work, one way, so I can't ride my bicycle that far. I have an exercise bike which I use in the morns, and a real bicycle which I ride when it's not too hot. However, I use my treadmill for 40 mins every morn, and I also walk to and from the courthouse a lot.

But my legs are killing me from the bike - i didnt realize that i was in such lousy shape - how does one deteriorate so fast?

It will get better and you will love yourself for it.

I started riding for fun last summer. I put hundreds of miles on the bike, and rode to work the same 2 miles you are doing. This year, I have moved a lot further and am doing 10 miles one way to work. I try to ride to work half the time. Your legs will get sore, but once they get stronger, you'll be amazed at your metbolism shooting up and being able to keep the weight off. Did I say ice cream??

Yeah I just got a new bike, well, a garbage picked bike. It was on the curb and my brother grabbed it and fixed it up for me. My boyfriend and I are planning some bike ridding trips to get exercise. The only problem is getting back up the monstrous hill I live on!

I am not doing either more right now (way too humid and I do not do well in the heat). But I have been making conscious decisions and plans when I do go out. I make sure to have all my errands run at the same time and I have given up going to off the beaten path places.

Next week we are buying a scooter. That will save oodles of money because Fred will use it to go to and from work.

Walking or riding a bike here? LOL We are all uphill, and even hiking up takes the kinks out of you! Riding a bike? I don't think so. You see there are other things here, mountain lions, bears, shoot-em-up neighbors....I don't think I'll be walking off the property! LOL However, I do walk on the treadmill several miles a day. Safer. No rain. No mountain lions, no bears, no wild and crazy neighbors! At least not any wilder than Doug and I......