Name something You Can Not Live Without 7/10/08

• 1 year later...

Well of course we all need our loved ones, our health, etc.

I interpret the title of this thread to mean what 'gadget' or other item do you consider a must-have.

For me, the clear winner is my laptop. I would find it hard, now, to have to do without internet access!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

I could not live without the love and support of my Husband. He puts up with the mess I make when I am working on my miniatures, he lugs boxes and vacumes every day, he does most of the housework while giving me valuable playtime that keeps me sane. But if I had to name an object that I could not live without, It would be my Kindle, as when I do relax i love to read.  I have just finished reading Jane Eyre and now onto the next :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ilisha said:

But if I had to name an object that I could not live without, It would be my Kindle, as when I do relax i love to read.  I have just finished reading Jane Eyre and now onto the next :)

My Kindle is never far from me. I tend to read series, especially police procedural and murder mysteries set in foreign lands. Right now I'm nearing the end of the Bruno, Chief of Police series by Martin Walker, set in southern France. Previously I burned through Donna Leon's Commissario Guido Bunetti series set in Venice. I also enjoy classics.

As I am a former print book publisher, some of my friends think it's downright heretical to be in love with electronic books, but my feeling is that the whole point of a book is its message. The method of delivery is irrelevant.

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

My Kindle is never far from me. I tend to read series, especially police procedural and murder mysteries set in foreign lands. Right now I'm nearing the end of the Bruno, Chief of Police series by Martin Walker, set in southern France. Previously I burned through Donna Leon's Commissario Guido Bunetti series set in Venice. I also enjoy classics.

As I am a former print book publisher, some of my friends think it's downright heretical to be in love with electronic books, but my feeling is that the whole point of a book is its message. The method of delivery is irrelevant.

So how is the novel progressing?

As I’ve gotten older I have become less attached to material things.  I would have to say...music.  I do not play any instruments sadly although learning to play piano has been on my bucket list since day one.  Not a day goes by where I don’t listen to music at some point.  Before someone asks, I’ve got something from just about every style of music on a playlist somewhere.   With the exception of opera. 

45 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

So how is the novel progressing?

Which one?  I have a couple of Great American Novels that got started but never finished. I'm saving them for when I'm  committed to "the home" and limited to using my laptop on the over-the-bed table. :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

Which one?  I have a couple of Great American Novels that got started but never finished. I'm saving them for when I'm  committed to "the home" and limited to using my laptop on the over-the-bed table. :D 

The one you were going great guns on before you left NOLA.  I expect that one fizzled, eh?

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

The one you were going great guns on before you left NOLA.  I expect that one fizzled, eh?

I work in spurts. That one hasn't fizzled, it's simply on hiatus.

My Birkenstocks, I wear them all the time even in the winter and I have done so for many years, they are a very important part of ME. I hate other shoes and resent sometimes putting them on when I have to.

8 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

My Birkenstocks, I wear them all the time even in the winter and I have done so for many years, they are a very important part of ME. I hate other shoes and resent sometimes putting them on when I have to.

My Birkies are my favorite shoes!