Five generations

cheherzad

Due to varying economic situations several members of my family moved back home. This puts five generations of womenfolk under the same roof! There are ten of us altogether now, and somehow we all seem to get along. My mother, who is 91, suffers from dementia. post-2949-1215751008_thumb.jpgAll the kids pitch in to help and let her know she is loved and cherished. It gets very hectic at times, but I feel very blessed.

In the picture from left to right: My granddaughter, Amber (19), her baby Jadyn (4mos), my daughter Cathy, my mother Ada, and me - Cheryl. Oh, and I am the only one really into miniatures, but everyone else is very interested and supportive. The females of the clan even hide parcels for me before DH gets home :)

great to see you all getting to spend some time together, especially your mum and her great,great grandaugther! My MIL died un April after speding 10 odd years living with dementia, it's a cruel way to end your days, my thoughts are with you all....

How cool is that! You all get along. My mom's 91 too, still living on her own...for now. She had a bout with Pneumonia last week. Isn't eating much, is getting weaker.

It's always been my dream to have a large family where I knew them all. You ae blessed and fortunate that you all get along so well. Good luck to all of you! And enjoy your mom while you can. She is still lovely!

Cheryl,

That is a beautiful picture of all the generations of women in your family. Your great grandaughter will treasure that picture when she grows up as will all the other generations. It's so heartwarming to see families able to get a long across the generations in today's hectic world.

I always wish I had taken a picture like that when My Great Grandmother came to live with us. I helped my Mom but I always wished I had helped more. I got married a year after My GGM moved in and moved to the so far north of Chicago, we were no longer in Chicago but on the border of it. My Grand Mother came over one evening (A few years later) and I had my 1st Daughter at that time, So my Mom said Tracy, we should take a picture (I almost ALWAYS had a camera with me) That day I did not but we were all in the house together and within 2 years after that, My Great Grandmother & Grandmother had died and we never got "That" shot.

Treasure it because it's such a blessing!! Thanks for sharing that shot with us!! One thing I did do is I got them all on my video Camera giving us Young ones words of wisdom.

Funny thing, I had been meaning to catch us all in the same room at the same time, but someone always seemed to be buzzing off somewhere. As it was,when I got out the camera there was much whining about bad hair. You might note that the only one in the picture with good hair is my mother! :blink:

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Lovely picture. You are so lucky to be able to have your whole family together. I had always wished I really KNEW my grandparents but the ones on my Dad`s side passed away before I was born, my Grand on my Mom`s side also. My grandfather lived in Italy until he passed away at age 92 so I only saw him a handful of times in my life.

In these economic times, alot of families are going back to the way it used to be. Generations of families living together to make sure everyone is safe and secure. I like that. Kids usually want to flee the nest to spread their wings but right now they just cannot do that on their own.

Glad you are starting a old fashioned trend!