dollhouse stucco

nechee

Oh I found the best stucco, I have to share. :p Save your old paint, thi thick gooey stuff, shake it sponge it on, two coats, and it looks so real, I have it on my stairs and 1 wall so far.

Havanaholly, Thanks -- love your pictures! I've used that kind of spackle in my real house just to fill up nail holes before painting, but I'm not very good with it. It usually seems to crumble off and gets all over things while I'm working with it, but it is easy to clean up. Since it's premixed, it seems as though it might be more expensive to use than the dollhouse stucco. Is it possibly more flexible when dry, so that I'd be able to put the house together after doing the walls?

This is an aside, but while doing some research on Colonial houses, I found an actual 18th Century NY state tavern for sale, described as "largely unchanged". The real estate agent has some pictures that you might find interesting, with plaster work, and all: http://www.nutshellrealty.com/mls-details-...al-20091992.php (I have no affiliation with this company.) I don't know how long this will be available to view, but the building sure looks like the Jefferson dollhouse on the outside, only with 5 windows across instead of 3. There's a square chimney in the middle, just as the kit has, but before I saw this I bashed my chimney into two, one for each end of the roof. Also, I plan to cover my house with egg carton "stone", even though the kit is so old it includes clapboards. I did google up some actual vintage Colonial houses built of stone, and plenty of them with twin chimneys.