Cross Stitch Book for Dollhouse Miniatures

champagne

Hi all, can anyone recommend a good cross stitch pattern book for dollhouses? I would like to make the rugs, bedspreads and

wall hangings for all the rooms in my Alexandria. I have seen a couple online but I hate buying something like this without seeing the patterns. I went to Barnes and Noble this weekend but they didn't have anything.

Would love to have all recommendations on patterns, books or booklets for cross stitch. Thanks.

I have Pamela Warner's book of Georgian-era designs. I stitched this Aubusson carpet from it:

gallery_8_34_51234.jpg

That is gorgeous!!!! Would you happen to know if this publication is still in print? I will also check Amazon to see if they have it as well.

Everyone thanks so much for your suggestions.

Wow! My jaw dropped when I saw that rig! I'll need to check out Pamela warner's books.

I can vouch for the Venus Dodge needlework book. Loads of nice designs, but not all are cross stitch. Good one if you are interested in all kinds of stitchery.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI I was in one of our local charity thrift shops yesterday and found Carol Phillipson's Making Miniature Chinese Rugs & Carpets. I also found a pattern for a RL prayer rug I want to stitch in mini. Y'all know that you can do this, take a full-sized pattern and stitch it on linen (or silk gauze) with single or double-strand embroidery floss for miniatures? In a totally insane moment I actually thought about doing that with the floss leftover from the Virgin of Guadalupe picture I stitched for DDIL's birthday, but I was thinking of doing it for la casita, in 1:24, and sanity won! at least at the moment. I've begun the finishing on the 1:24 Anasazi rug I stitched for it.

I cant see what I am doing trying to cross stitch so small - I assume all you x stitchers use a magnifying lamp???
For 1:12 crochet & knitting I can usually get by with my bifocals, but for miniature petitpoint, etc, I have a magnifying visor with interchangeable lenses & a battery-operated light, if I need it. For 1:24, such as that Aubusson carpet, I use a jeweler's loupe, and Harbor Freight sells very suitable ones that are cheap.

I would highly recommend the dollhouse do it yourseslf series, its called carpets and rugs by sue Hawkins. its got a good selection of simple designs to start you off as well as som more complex ones.

the stitching is not strictly cross stitch mind you, it is needlepoint or if done on a higher count than 18 petitpoint, although i always call what i do needlepoint even though i work on 48count

it is a half cross stitch type stitch you use though (the way i see them is the stitches end up looking like little tiny grains of rice) and you can get really complex patterns in needlpoint

this is the one

http://www.amazon.com/Dolls-House-Do-Yours...0101&sr=8-6

take a look here to get some inspiration http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dp.grice/needlepoint.htm

also i have a chart i designed which is here in my gallery for anybody to use. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...i&img=13635

it is designed for use on 24count, but if you wanted to tray it on a higher count you would get a smaller rug,

there are loads of freebies of small charts out there idelal for mini needlepoint, i will post some of the ones I found on the internet on here