Are You A Starbucker? 7/18/08

I have so many friends who LOVE Starbucks!! When I was working in "Corporate America" We had a Starbucks right in our building and I only would buy water :(. My Question today is, Do you Love Starbucks? What's your Favorite thing to get there and is your favorite Starbucks store closing?

Last Spring (In April) I fell in love with Starbucks cause we have a friend who stopped there every morning and I was with him lots of Mornings with some of our other friends. I also have another friend who LOVES Starbucks. They discontinued my favorite and only drink which was the "Dulce de Leche Latte". It was the best thing that could have happened because I had NEVER liked any of there other coffees or drinks and that stuff can really bite into a pocket (Not to mention the waistline) . I fell in love with there Banna loaf Bread in January of this year and they discontinued it (replaced it with a chocolate chip banna bread :p ) So now, once again, I am not a Starbucker :lol:

What about you?

I like my coffee very simple -- straight coffee, no "additives". Starbucks has always tasted burnt to me. If my choice is Starbucks or no coffee, I'll do Starbucks, but have to "argue" with the clerks all the time about just getting a plain cup of black coffee.

If I have to buy "designer coffee", I'll look for a McDonalds.

I am NOT a coffee shop person, however on the road those are often the only wifi "hot spots" where we can get online. Also we both drink our coffee strong, black and unflavored. I make coffee in a French-press pot at home (and in the travel trailer).

All that said, I periodically get a lustful crave on for Sonic's mocha java chiller!

Soug and I used to go to Starbucks every Sunday when we lived in San Jose. At that time the coffee was good. We also bought and still buy their coffee beans to grind ourselves. However, we no longer go to Starbucks as the prices are way out of sight! We still buy their beans once in a while - but at Costco not at the Starbucks store.

As an aside our local court house in Missoula also has "fancy" coffee - $5.95 a cup! Needless to say - I don't buy theirs either. There are other things I can get with $5.95....Aileen's glue, etc., etc., etc.

I used to be, loved getting a mocha frappucino or a cappucino, but after having stomach problems in recent months i stopped going. I can't believe I paid over 4 dollars plus tip for each trip to Starbucks. What a waste of money.

Love Starbucks...and so do the kids. That can get expensive. My personal fave is a java chip frappucino. I don't do it TOO often, like maybe once a month, so I'm not completely addicted. It is more than I would like, but alot less than some other things. Oh, and we have made it a reward for my kids when they do stuff to help around the house and earn enough points and want to spend them on that.

Terri

I like the Starbucks coffee cake but it's so expensive for one slice I rarely get it. The coffee tastes like it's burned and reheated. Some people just love it but I think it's just too expensive. I've been drinking Folgers at home forever.

Here's a link to the stores that are going to close:

http://www.starbucks.com/aboutus/USStoreClosureInfo.pdf

In the cities in Wisconsin that I know about, there are other local coffee shops (with, in my opinion, MUCH better coffee!!), so not a great loss, unless you're addicted to the Starbucks brand.

I personally do not like Starbucks coffee. But then again in Canada we have Tim Hortons and I practically live there. I swear I pay the wages for the Tim Hortons that is close to me. I make coffee at home and it does not taste the same but I still drink it. I should probably cut back on my coffee but that will never happen.

short answer: no.

long answer: i like my coffee black. many many years ago i had my first cup of starbucks coffee tall and black in atlanta and it was several years before i had another. whoever said the coffee tasted burnt was correct.

if i want a tarted up coffee drink i'll buy macdonald's. it's cheaper.

years ago--long before barnes & noble reached greensboro-- we had a coffee shop in a used book store here. the carolina coffee shop. kind of neat on rainy afternoons.

When I lived in the "city" I used to get starbucks about 2-3 times a month. Now that I"m in the rural area, the nearest starbucks is an hour away. LOL needless to say I only get it when I"m near a starbucks and even then, only if the mood hits me.

I LOVE McDonald's iced coffee. We have 2 of them within a 30 minute drive so it's a great alternative. Plus, McD's coffee is much much cheaper, and I think better (and not as calorie rich) as Starbucks.

Dunkin'Donuts coffee is good too - I think better then starbucks in some ways. Starbucks is really desert like and I find I have to be in the mood for it.

When my daughter was in high school and college, she was a barista (I think that's the word) at our local Starbucks and she was always trying to convert me! She never did but I sure did enjoy the leftover goodies she brought home! :dunno: I was always a Dunkachino fan, but alas, Dunkin Donuts stopped making them. Debra

Nope, not a Charbucks fan. I make way better coffee at home. If I must have coffee out somewhere I go to Cafe Du Monde. They've been in business since 1862. They know a little bit about coffee :-) You can get plain coffee but cafe au lait is better imho. But I'm a Chicory fan anyhow.

I think atmosphere plays a lot into my enjoyment as well. I rarely go to the new Cafe Du Monde by my house but love the one in the French Quarter. Those box places just can't compare.

I'm an avid coffee lover - but I'm not a Starbucks fan. If I had to chose between Starbucks & no coffee - I'd go with no coffee - just never liked the taste of their coffee. For me it's plain old Folgers coffee every morning.

Love iced coffee's and espresso milkshakes - but usually make those myself as they're much cheaper that way. Every winter I get addicted to iced eggnog latte's and go through withdrawals when eggnog isn't available anymore after the holidays :dunno:

I like their Carmel Machiato but it has gotten so expensive I steer clear of it now. And since Sonic came out with their designer coffee I'd much rather go there, it's somewhat cheaper. Starbucks regular coffee is so strong it gives me indigestion.

Starbucks coffee tastes bitter to me and I guess my taste is more on the simple side. I brew Folgers in my drip coffee maker. Saves me money and I take a travel mug to work with me. Two of the local Starbucks in my area are on the closing list. It doesn't really surprise me that over priced coffee shops are closing with the way living costs are increasing.

I love Cafe Du Monde coffee. I have been buying it online for years from their website and finally last summer my fiance and I went to the French Quarter and stayed for 2 nights and I made him go there 4 times. Only once did we get the beignets cause I know those would put some pounds on in a hurry.

Nope, not a Charbucks fan. I make way better coffee at home. If I must have coffee out somewhere I go to Cafe Du Monde. They've been in business since 1862. They know a little bit about coffee :-) You can get plain coffee but cafe au lait is better imho. But I'm a Chicory fan anyhow.

I think atmosphere plays a lot into my enjoyment as well. I rarely go to the new Cafe Du Monde by my house but love the one in the French Quarter. Those box places just can't compare.

• 4 weeks later...

I won't go into another starbucks. Went into one once (had a gift card) and was in my work clothes (clean, but holey and shabby) while I was driving for work and everyone in there looked up at me and the place went silent, then people started to whisper. I labeled the place as snob heaven and took my crappy hot cocoa and left. I'll keep my home brewed Folgers with french vanilla creamer.

I work at the Starbucks in Taget along with every other department lol. I love there house belnd coffee it is one of the milder ones and I also like the fraps too. I also love there classic coffee cake and the strawberry cream cheese cake.