My little Carly went to doggie heaven

Bea Killion

:giggle: My 11 year old Bichon Frise "Carly" (my little clown) lost her battle with diabetes and cushings disease on Thursday. I am so sad. I can't get her off my mind. I feel like someone just ripped my heart out. Just the other day she was happy and playing and now she's gone and I'm having such a hard time dealing with it. I have 4 other dogs, but Carly was my baby, not the youngest but she always looked like a puppy. We are so upset my DH and I went to get tattoos in her memory. I got one of her cute little face on my calf and my DH got a broken heart with her name under it . I know some of you will think this is silly but she always used to curl up by my leg at night and I miss her there. Any way I had just bought some 3 boxes of insulin syringes recently for her diabetes and I tried to give them away on Freecycle but I only got one response and they said the gauge was too big. So if any of you out there need them for your pet let me know and I will send them to you. 3 boxes are 1/2" x .5ccx 28 gauge and another box more than half full of 1/2" x .5ccx29 gauge.

post-2410-1216555257_thumb.jpg

Aww Bea, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Have been there fairly recently myself and know the pain you are going through. I'm sure Carly will be sorely missed in your life, but forever carried in your heart.

BIG HUGS :giggle:

Chris

Hugs to you Bea,I felt the same way when our family had to put down our cat .As for your left over syringes,donate them to an animal shelter or to your vet.They would always be glad to get them.

So sorry for you loss of Carly.....I know how special she was to you and your hubs. Tattoos are a touching gesture Bea......and she will always be with you in spirit!

Wish there was something I could do to make the pain less for you,

Hugs,

Gina

No one thinks you are silly except for some non-pet owners. No matter whether we have human children or not, our pets become our children as well. I used to tease my son when he was about 10 that if there was a fire he better get out by himself because I was getting my baby out first (I am glad I never had to test that).

I have a silky terrier who is 12 years old who lives with my son because when I moved to Savannah I did not want to take him away from the only home he had ever known plus I have no fenced yard and where my house is in Aiken SC, he has 1/2 acre of fenced yard to roam and a doggie door to go out any time he wants. I see him often however.

Since I couldn't live without animals, my fiance got me a kitten when I moved in with him and in November we had a stray come up and now she has made herself at home. She thinks she runs the house instead of the oldest cat.

I know exactly how you feel. The baby I had before the silky passed away after 13 years and I thought I would die along with him. I missed 3 days of work I was so upset and I buried him in my backyard and for quite awhile I would sit by his grave and talk to him. It can be very emotional but I can assure you it does get better. I got my silky 6 months after he passed away because a home without a pet is just not a home to me. Keep up all good thoughts about your baby and I am sorry for your loss.

Edited by champagne

Bea, I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I know how hard it is to lose a furry baby. We had to have a very special cat put to sleep last year due to kidney failure.

One of my cats is older and in poor health. I don't think it will be long before she is gone.

So sorry to hear about your dog. It must be a terrible thing to go through. I have four cats and all are young yet but I think about when they get old or sick and I know it would be very hard to lose any of them. They really are like little children.

It's true you know. I have a light switch cover in my kitchen, it shows a little house and a dog and cat....and it says: "A house isn't a home without pets." You really appreciate them all the more when your children grow and move out on their own.

Bea, I'm sending hugs for your and your husband. I understand very much the pain of the loss of an animal companion. Missymew and Trinity are our babies, and we devote a lot of attention to them. I think that the tatoos are a very thoughtful touch. I wish I could tell you that the pain of the loss will pass quickly, but the tears that you shed are natural and a worthy expression of your feelings over the death of Carly. After Dudley died, I felt that each tear shed was so worth the time that I had with him.

When Dudley died (2 years ago now), I gave his diabetic syringes and glucose testing kit to an animal rescue group.

-Susanne

I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a fur baby is very hard and there aren't really any words I can offer that will make it feel better. So I'll just send you a hug :dunno: and let you know you're not alone.

Thank you all for the kind words. It's so nice to hear from fellow pet lovers. I have my Carly buried in my back yard, but sometimes when I look out the window and see her grave I get all sad again. And I wonder if it was a good idea to bring her home but I did not want to leave her at the hospital. I guess it will get easier after a while, but at the moment.......well, you all know how it feels. Thanks again for all the support and the hugs.

I am really sorry about your pup. They are family. My daughter does not refer to our dog as a 'dog', but her sister. We had to put down our lab a couple months ago. She was getting mean, bit at my friends kid, then also went at me. (we got her when she was a year old and she had been beaten) Weighs heavy on my heart and head, but I know we did the right thing. My other dog has been more relaxed now also. (picture is of my daughter and my lab we had to put down)

I'm so sorry. Of course you did the right thing by bringing her home. Her little spot in your yard will always be a place to reconnect with her spirit. My little girl's been gone for over two years, and I still stop and stroke the basket containing her ashes and say a few words to her.

Carly's got lots of mini-friends supporting her and so do you.

My other dogs are greeving in their own ways. One especially, goes in my room looking for her and crying. My other Bichon, a real close buddy of hers stays by my side and feels my saddness. I am leaving on Wednesday night to visit my 2 daughters and families and although I want to see them and visit, I really don't want to leave my home. My heart is so broken, I feel like I need to be here. What a dilemma. My daughter said that it's better that it happened before I left because it would have been even harder for me if I was out of town when it happened. No matter what, I still can't bear living without my little Carly. All of you fur baby lovers know what I mean. They're so darned special and bring such happiness to our lives. How can we feel the same way about life when they're missing. I have lost so many other pets in my life, but for some reason, losing Carly, my little clown, is just so overwhelmingly hard. Thank you all for helping me through this, it means so much to hear all your stories. What a wonderful group of people. Hugs to you all..... :birthday::dunno::groupwave:

It is never easy loosing a fur baby but as time passes the happy memories are the ones that linger on and give comfort. It does take time though.... a lot of it.

Thinking of you!

HUGS