Dollhouse You Tube Videos

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Soapz said:

Video I just discovered: Miniature museum & Dan Ohlman (French with Subtitles)

Dan Ohlman

An article with great photos to go with that:

Quartz Article

And the link to the museum website to go with all of that:

Miniature Museum in France

Chris, this is exciting! Lloyd and I will be in Lyon in May. This is definitely on our things-to-do list!

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Merci, Chris!  He achieves mini groddiness that just adds oomph to a scene's realism!

These are incredible!  And Holly, you're right, the "groddiness" really adds to them.  I love when miniature scenes look really lived in.  One of my favorite mini scenes I found online is this one:  http://teenytinyminiaturethings.blogspot.com/p/thatch-cottage-112th-scale-miniature.html  Dishes in the sink, spilled food, rust, etc.  I can never quite bring myself to dirty up my minis. but I know it looks less realistic because I don't.

• 2 months later...

Mary Kinlochs flower making videos are great. She also sells supplies on her eBay store for the laser cut petals and all other necessary supplies for flower making. I always learn something watching her videos. This one is for Christmas poinsettias, but her channel has many different ones and she adds more so be sure to subscribe. 

https://youtu.be/meyINney8t0

• 2 weeks later...

She makes it look so effortless. I don't believe she did all of that gluing without gluing something to her fingers. lol 

Love the folding pliers!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KathieB said:

She makes it look so effortless. I don't believe she did all of that gluing without gluing something to her fingers. lol 

Love the folding pliers!

My thoughts too, I do admirw that there are no glue mess anywhere at all... not My kind of crafting, just saying.... then again, baby napkins are great to get rid of gluey Fingers while being fight up in the flow of things.

Love watching it though.

• Like 1

I thought those pliers were interesting too. I've seen these types of kits on eBay and never thought twice about them, but seeing it put together I can imagine myself at 10 years old really really enjoying that project, with Grandmas help :) 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If, like me, you enjoy lazily watching while other people construct dollhouses...lol...here's a video series, looks like 5 in the series of Joanne (dollhouse youtuber) putting together the Greenleaf SpringFling 2011. Interesting how she puts the notebook together beforehand. 

https://youtu.be/arzWFfcu-HY

22 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

If, like me, you enjoy lazily watching while other people construct dollhouses...lol...here's a video series, looks like 5 in the series of Joanne (dollhouse youtuber) putting together the Greenleaf SpringFling 2011. Interesting how she puts the notebook together beforehand. 

Haha.. well, I fell down that rabbit hole and watched all 11 videos.. instead of working on my own house.. :giggle:

1 hour ago, WyckedWood said:

Not sure why my lol posted three times....it was funny but not sure it was that funny ;-) 

And here I was thinking I was a comedienne. :D Meanwhile.. I was watching more of Joanne's videos.. and I've decided I really like the way she says measured. Her accent makes it sound like "Maëysured" sometimes and then at other times like "meeesured"  Too stinkin cute! :) 

I've thought about starting a YouTube channel for mini stuff but I'm not that chatty. I don't think I could do my work and keep only one end of the conversation going the whole time. Although it would be a lot like having a conversation with my husband....really just me talking to myself lol 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

I've thought about starting a YouTube channel for mini stuff but I'm not that chatty. I don't think I could do my work and keep only one end of the conversation going the whole time. Although it would be a lot like having a conversation with my husband....really just me talking to myself lol 

If you're the type of person who talks to herself ... :D 

On 8/29/2017, 2:49:07, WyckedWood said:

While on that site, I found a video on making foam core models.  Very interesting, especially since I want to try my next house in foam core first. Based on the techniques in the video, I tried to buy a foam core rabbet cutter, but Amazon wouldn't sell it to me.  (Because I live in California?)  Fortunately, Blick would.  :p