Dollhouse You Tube Videos

Wanda, I love the way you've finished the inside. The people are a nice touch!

What is the story behind the mystery? Is this a replica of a real house?

Hi Kathie! Thanks for the note. This is not a replica of a real house (that I know of), and the story behind the mystery will be continued! I thought of doing a blog with installments of the story, like a soap opera or continuing story....so stay tuned to see what transpires in the Mansion! It seems that it will be centered around the fact that, right now anyway, there is only one man and at least 4 women in the house. That should lead to some interesting story lines I imagine :-)

Edited by WandaPA

Thanks Holly! All of the drapes in this house were custom made for me by Linda Wooten of wootensminiatures. You can find her items on ebay and on etsy and she will customize for any size or color you need. I LOVE them and think that it adds so much to the room. I've tried to make them myself and they never come out as nice as Linda's :-)

• 6 months later...

A little different:

I didn't see these posted. This was one of my favorite episodes of "Friends" even before I got into the hobby.

Part 1:

Part 2:

• Like 2

All of these are just appearing as empty boxes with an x to me.

You might need to clean out your browser's cache. You can also go to YouTube and search for Monica's Dollhouse.

I didn't realize it was "that" Monica:-) I remember this episode and it was way before I was interested in dollhouses. We should do an official poll to see how many fans Monicas house has compared to Pheobes house;-)

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I'm cracking up here at that video of the Main Street Electrical Parade! I worked at Disney in the parade one summer between semesters in college. That song is burned in my brain! The scariest place in the whole park was in the warehouse where they stored the floats after dark. My heart speeds up just thinking about being in there.

• 2 weeks later...

Wanda, loved your Beaumont. The kitten at the sink was cute and also love the curtains. Curtains and lighting are my favorite in dollhouses so I'm a bit fussy about them

and they are really great. Also, I usually don't like dolls in the houses but I like yours. Are they resin? I do think the resin are realistic. Beautiful!

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm actually ashamed to be posting this cause I think it sacrilegious. It's a video I found a few years ago and sent to my brother in law after I found out he had burnt my family's Depression Era dollhouse in a bonfire.

Although my family's dollhouse was in pieces and was never going to be properly resurrected, I think it's terrible that these people destroyed a perfectly good dollhouse. I'd advise having tissues handy if you decide to watch it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OP_8mkM3L34

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen that one before, too. Gotta wonder what someone was thinking when they decided to burn down a dollhouse.

I found another video of a teenager building a popsicle stick house. Like other videos, the house doesn't look finished due to the rough building technique, but I do appreciate the architectural model aspect of it. The 3 car garage was very impressive. In a 2nd video that includes a tour, the kid mentions that the house was paid for by the money he gets from people viewing his Youtube videos. Maybe that's how I should fund the houses I build. :p

• Like 1

• 2 months later...