How well are you Aging? 7/22/08

I was watching Dr. Oz on Oprah today and went online to take the Quiz. I guess I am not aging as well as I thought I was B) . What about you? Are you up to taking the test? You don't have to post the score but can you do better too? I need to excersize more and eat better for sure.

Here's the link to the test:

Dr. Oz's Aging Test

Here is the link to the 14 day plan I am gonna jump on it starting Friday (After I go shopping)

• Like 1

I can't get the quiz to load on my stupid computer. Is it ironic that everyone got a 69? B)

Annie, I'm with you :thank_you:

Actually, my goal is to live long enough to finish all my houses (including those on my wish list), but not long enough to get Alzheimers, that scares me more than anything!

• Like 2

For your real age number, you have to go to realage.com My age is 37.2 but my "real Age" is 37.9 it gave me some changes I need to make. On the other page I had a "69" too so I am not sure what that number means. I was glad to see my "real age" is just a few months older than my physical age. I still don't like being older than I really am though B)

• Like 1

Well, even without taking the test (won't load on my silly computer), I can tell ya I am not aging well :yes: ...just aging! Wrinkles and grey hair are coming in truckloads!! And by golly, more rapidly every day! Yesterday I was 49 going on 50, today I'm 50 going on 105! :) Seems every day has it's little twists and turns..I just tell myself I'm happy to wake up each morning!! :) Anything after that is a gift.

• Like 1

I really do think that no matter what you do, you will still age. Can't get away from it. Everything and every one on this planet has a season.....from the day you are born you are destined to age and die. I went to the site and took the test, and according to that I'm aging (but I knew that) along at my best chronogical age. It really doesn't matter what you do, there is no "fountain of youth."

In my case, other than the hair getting whiter by the day, more wrinkles and a few age spots, I still am considered to be the "neighborhood beauty." Of course at 67 I am the youngest on this street - most people here are in their 80's and 90's......so I'm a chick here! LOL

For me, anyway I wake up is a good day!"

• Like 1

I haven't been able to access the page.

I'll tell you what makes me feel old, all those ads on Tv about various diseases and prescription medications. They make me feel like I could keel over at any time.

Otherwise, I feel fine... til I see or hear another ad. It's like hearing about someone's dental work, and my own teeth suddenly start to hurt.

• Like 1

I firmly believe this is all hype made to scare the pants off of you. We are all going to age - some more gracefully than others - but it will happen.....realax and enjoy every day like it is your last! Get the most out of it! Dance! Sing! Run around like a kid! I do.....and believe me if you don't do that each and every day, you might as well dig a hole right now.....

Nothing on that site is a magic potion! But try if it if it makes you feel better....me? Yes, I'm aging, and it's OK. I never wanted to be 29 forever.....it was too boring!

• Like 1

I was curious to try the quiz - but there was an error in loading the page for me, too. I don't take perfect care of myself (who does?) but in the end balance, hopefully I do okay. I try to build up some good karma! I'm still a little curious however - which means I won't rest well until I've taken the darn test already! :whistle:

• Like 1

I couldn't get it to load either, but I know how I'm aging... Disgracefully! :whistle: I want to be like my grandmother... The woman just celebrated her 90th birthday in May and she looks simply AMAZING! She's still got it all upstairs, and if it weren't for a bad leg she'd be out cutting a rug every night. Oh I hope I have a lot of her genes in me!

• Like 1

Well, apparently, according to that real age test, I am not aging well at all... My physical age is 44 but according to that test my "real" age is 59 :D who'da thunk it??? I don't smoke (anymore) never was a drinker, no other drugs, don't speed, always wear seatbelt, eat my fruits & veggies, normal blood pressure, etc. etc. etc.

Good thing I don't put much stock in a "one size fits all" online test, otherwise I'd be worried :D

Besides, age doesn't bother me, especially considering the alternative! I hope I live long enough to be an ornery ole' pain in the behind to my children :whistle: not a burden mind you - but an obnoxious old sassy thing that keeps 'em on their toes! Both of my grandmothers lived long enough to be rather ornery, stubborn & sassy (where they hadn't been before) and those are some of my fondest memories of them!

• Like 1

Just got my result, it says my "real age" is 58.1, exactly one year older than my actual age. It says I need to excersize more, lose a bunch of weight (I knew that) and get a dog. I don't think so. I've raised 3 kids, I don't need to raise a dog.

I don't know if this is part of the Oprah site quiz or not, but it's what I found.

• Like 1

That's the quiz I took to Grazhina after I took the one at Oprah. I was told I needed to lose some weight and also get a pet. I got three kids and 2 still at home. I know I don't want a pet right now cause I have issues cleaning up after the kids as it is :lol: I do Love Cats though but I am allergic to dog and cat dander and I can't see myself taking allergy medicine just so I can have a pet :D I do have a friend that does that though.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link, Grazhina. I took the test, and I'm 6 months older than I should be! (If you know what I mean.) There were a couple of answers that weren't quite "right" for me - but I picked the closest one out of the choices they offered, and that seemed to mess it up a bit. And, well, there's also the weight thing ...

It was interesting, but certainly not the same as a trip to the doctor, and not anything I'll lose sleep over.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I took the test and it says my "real age" is 53.5 and considering I turned 54 last Wednesday, I guess I'm not doing too bad. If I did all the things it says to make myself younger, like eat fish (NO WAY - YUCK) eat more fruits and veggies (not enough room), eat more grains (don't like 'em), lower my resting heart rate to 75 (it's 76 now).... exercise (hey, my mouse hand is in good shape) -- then I guess my real age would be 29 again!

As long as it didn't tell me I'm older than I really am, I can live with that.

Didn't take the test. I'll be 71 in November. Even my doctor says I look 61. Some days I feel at least 81 and in my mind I'm 31. :p By the way has anyone noticed Oprah is always on the cover of her magazine, always. And the pictures are definitely never her current state of physical condition.

I couldn't get the test to download, but because I inherited some wierd gene from my paternal grandfather, my hair is staying the same dark brown it's always been; so despite the sags & bags & cellulite people always act politely surprised to learn I'm 66+. I do eat low fat & carb, high-fiber & protein diet, lots of fish & seafood when I can get it, I take vitamin & joint supplements. Exercise? We just got back from a week at Suwanee River State Park; Friday we hiked all the trails in the park, not quite 3 miles. Saturday we rode our tandem bike to Dowling Park and then 10 miles East and back North to Falmouth on US 90 and 4 miles back to the campground, about 31+ miles. Sunday we rode to Lee, FL, then up to SR6 to Blue Springs, then over halfway to Jennings, FL, and back South & West again to the campground, 38+ miles. We had unsettled weather Monday and rain the other two days, so did walking tours & shopping those days.

I don't know what my test age would be, but the folks at our doctor's office love to take my vital signs; my resting pulse before I went into heart failure was in the low 60s.

Oh, I have the wrinkles, alright, and the saggy baggy jowls and neck & upper arms & butt; but people take one look at the Hair That Will Not Go Gray and act all surprised to learn just how old an OF I am.