How well are you Aging? 7/22/08

• 1 year later...

I'm 52 and don't feel I'm ageing that well, I'm overweight and have quite a lot of wrinkles but I don't really care, I'm really happy this age and I think aceptance is everything. There is no point pining for feckless youth - I have experience and knowledge now and I believe in enjoying every stage of your life as it comes.

Would like to lose a few pounds though to stay improve my health and that's it.

• Like 1

While I do not put much stock in either Oprah or Dr Oz :waycon: , I know I am not aging well with the body. Injuries mostly, plus excess weight.

The mind now.... well *I* think I am sharp as a tack, others may argue! :prop:

• Like 1

I don't need to take Dr. Oz's quiz to know I don't diet and exercise right, but I am feeling great for my age. My allergies don't bother me nearly as much as when I was younger, and I haven't gotten a cold since September 2010. A lot of it has to do with being laid-off from the corporate world, which freed me from a lot of unnecessary stress. However, I don't recommend losing or quitting a job to promote good health, unless your job is really taking a physical or mental toll on you. If I ever return to a full-time office position, I will continue to do the best job possible; however, I know I will be better prepared to shield myself against the effects of corporate politics.

Naturally, miniatures have a positive effect on my health, so please keep showcasing your projects!

63 and can still do parades playing my pipes, and the wrinkles are from smiling a lot. We marched 2 miles on Saturday and about 4 miles (inside at a hockey arena on Monday.) We call piping Highland arobics. This is after a major coronary 2 years ago, colon cncer surgery in January, and managing diabetes since 1968. You have to get up and move! (In between building doll houses and furnishings, and. . .)

It's also true at 72; move it, use it, or lose it.

I wish, I am 69. Was fine 5 years ago. I was working the 40+ week for the previous 16 years at my job when I fell. This lead to surgeries, one of which

luckily I survived. Any way, it left me unable to walk very much and I gained 50 lbs. Only good thing I have a blue disability sticker for parking. But,

I have no stress and I have my miniatures.Oh, I also, when I get depressed....have the forum. :bear:

• Like 1

Just got my result, it says my "real age" is 58.1, exactly one year older than my actual age. It says I need to excersize more, lose a bunch of weight (I knew that) and get a dog. I don't think so. I've raised 3 kids, I don't need to raise a dog.

I don't know if this is part of the Oprah site quiz or not, but it's what I found.

Grazhina, Dogs are easier than kids, they are usually obedient, don`t back answer,talk to you without loosing interest and you allways know where you stand with them. Give them LOVE and you would be rewarded ten fold. DA.