What would you love to eat for your last meal? 8/29/08

heidiiiii

There was an article in the paper about what people would choose as their Death Row meal. There were lots of interesting things that people chose..From the most culinarily exciting to their mom`s homemade goodness.

If you could choose an ultimate meal, regardless of cost, calories, or blood sugars..What would it be?

I know I talked ill of my MIL but it would be her meal that I would choose. Honey glazed ham, collard greens w/ham hock, potato salad, macaroni/cheese, corn bread, and sweet tea...Mmmm!

You see these scenes of death row in movies all the time. If I was on death row I don't think I would be able to eat at all. I guess if you were about to be executed you'd be different than the average guy anyway so maybe they do enjoy a last meal. :)

I dont think the story was literal in the sense that you are on Death Row or you are dying. It is what would be the ultimate meal for you.

We watch Anthony Bourdain on the Travel Channel, and his D.R. meal is these bones (beef I think) that are roasted, and you scoop out the bone marrow to eat on toast..Ewww! That is definitely HIS cause I would not eat that! LOL

mmmmm! Prime rib done medium, with mashed garlic potatoes and cooked baby carrots in butter. For dessert....maybe apple pie a-la-mode.

I never even thought of dessert.

Okay..We do not have a Friendly`s anymore but I remember when I was young...I would get a reese`s pieces sundae. Do they even still make those? I remember they were HUGE in size!

Ok, Heidi...are you sure you're a yankee? There's some southern blood in there somewhere with those food choices. I know I live in Texas, but I'm NC southern born.

Last meal...can I go to Saltgrass Steakhouse? Prime rib, their Romano potatoes which is a casserole with potatoes cut into chunks, cheese, green onion and I'm not sure what else, but it's really good, salad with honey mustard dressing, and a brownie sundae for dessert. If I can't have that...I'll take my ex-MIL's lasagna which she learned how to make from her ex-husbands aunt who was pure-blood Italian and only spoke about a dozed words of English.

Terri

Crab, shrimp and lobster, and well aged t-bone steak, garlic mashed potatos, garlic bread, a nice tossed salad, a nice Shiraz and a nice Chard, Cream puffs, a Napolean, and a chocholate eclair.

Hmmmm, I think that should do it :)

I'm planning on stuffing myself to death LOL

Terri, I am a New Englander thru and thru. My Mil`s food is real good Soul food. I even eat her ox-tails when she makes them. And I never thought I would eat that. My FIL is from N. Carolina.

I would start with a cheese crisp (melted cheese on crisp flour tortilla) with hot hot sauce on top. Then some sauted mushrooms, followed by ribeye steak medium and a margurita. Fresh cooked string beans flavored with beacon and hubbard squash with lots of butter.

For dessert strawberry pie.

This would have to be just before I died because it would kill me with pleasure. :)

Prime rib done medium well - preferrably prepared by the cooks at the Black Angus restaurant, or at least using the spices they use. With mushrooms & onions.

Baked potato with sour cream, butter & chives.

Ceasar salad.

Buttered corn.

Wheat rolls with real butter.

And for dessert - homemade fudge brownies with peanut butter frosting.

Oh, and an iced eggnog latte to wash it all down. lol!

Ok, Heidi...are you sure you're a yankee? There's some southern blood in there somewhere with those food choices. I know I live in Texas, but I'm NC southern born.

Last meal...can I go to Saltgrass Steakhouse? Prime rib, their Romano potatoes which is a casserole with potatoes cut into chunks, cheese, green onion and I'm not sure what else, but it's really good, salad with honey mustard dressing, and a brownie sundae for dessert. If I can't have that...I'll take my ex-MIL's lasagna which she learned how to make from her ex-husbands aunt who was pure-blood Italian and only spoke about a dozed words of English.

Terri

Mmmm yum, I used to love going to Saltgrass when I lived in Texas. Deeeeelicious. I also miss Spring Creek barbeque...and then there was this yummy wing place i can't remember the name of it but they had THE best wings and fries. :) :lol: Oh and then there was pappadeaux's (spelling?)...crawfish ettoufee (spelling?)...mmmmm heavenly

My meal would have to be filet mignon wrapped in bacon, a baked potato with onions and sour cream and corn on the cob. For dessert, it would have to be bread pudding with lots of raisins and whipped cream with just a regular coffee.

bummer part is that I had gastric bypass and wouldn't be able to eat all that LOL

But I Would loveeeeeeeeeee to have a t bone steak with A1 steak sauce and a baked potato with tons of butter and cheese and yeast rolls with butter from O'Charleys and a double hot fudge cake from Frisch's :wave:

But I do love the baby back ribs from Sonny's and Applebee's...

Oh I do love me some BBQ Chicken from all places the wal mart deli!

O'Charley's has some mean Chicken fingers Chiplo or however you spell it!

But sigh I can't eat these things...

They would give me potted meat or Vienna's for my last meal LMAO!

Texas RoadHouse - steak w/ extra mushrooms and onions. lots of rolls with their honey cinnamin butter, then I would have to have Cherry Cordail icecream w/ hot fugde and a touch of milk.

taco bell is good too!!

This is an easy one. Same thing I like for anything special. But, who considers their last meal as special? :wave:

From PF Chang's.

Chicken lettuce wraps

Steamed salmon with mushrooms and asparagus

Chocolate cake

All washed down with a nice Riesling.

They would give me potted meat or Vienna's for my last meal LMAO!

Hey, every once in awhile I get a craving for Underwood deviled ham shmeared onto Ritz crackers. It smells godawful but the cats LOVE me when I have it.

My meal would be my husbands homemade tacos. He says he doesn't do anything special but I have never been able to make them taste as good as when he makes them. I would also have my fathers Graham Wafer Pie. I don't know hoe he makes that but it is so good. And for a drink a large bottle of Bacardi Breezer in Strawberry Daquari flavour. That would be my all time favourite meal.

Hmmm..I'm gettin' mighty hungry just reading this post!! :)

A HUGE ribeye steak cooked to perfection,

baked potato with lots of butter, chives and sour cream,

Olive Garden salad with their dressing and their breadsticks

My Grandma's banana cream pie or Key Lime cheesecake from Weber Bar and Grill (maybe both?! :wave: )

Oh, and Mom's Swedish meatballs!!! I wouldn't want to leave this place without tasting those one more time.

Oh, and we can't forget some cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory! They have a triple layer chocolate cheesecake that is UNBELIEVABLE! If I can't have theirs, I'll take some made by my sister (or my own).

Marg, poppadeaux's (I don't know how to spell it either) is awesome I've heard. I think the wing place you're thinking about is Buffalo Wild Wings. They do have great wings.

Terri

I was thinking pizza - a really good thin-crust pizza is pretty much the most perfect food I know of - and a glass (or bottle, who's counting?) of Austrailian Shiraz followed with chocolates and Port. But then I started thinking about chicken and cheese enchiladas with Margharettas and hot fudge sundays...and green chile stew and trifle...roast turkey, stuffing and black forest cake...and...

How about my last week of meals? :lol:

Edited by othercate

A huge prime rib medium rare, french fries, asparagus broiled in butter, a heavenly chef salad, pepperoni, sausage, green pepper, mushroom, olive pizza with tons of extra cheese, and for dessert, chocolate cream pie and some tums....... Just knowing it was my last would increase my appetite.......