How Far Would You go? 8/01/08

How far would you go to meet the girl (or guy) of your dreams? I remember reading about this last year (The guy who met a girl in the NY city train) and I read yesterday that they broke up. He went through a lot to find her and it made me wonder how far would you go to meet someone? If you saw someone and met them at a party but you forgot to exchange numbers, how would you find them or would you leave it alone? Or like this guy, he saw her on a train and felt he just had to know her better.

http://www.nygirlofmydreams.com/ recent story http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080729/od_nm/subway_dc

<cackle> I've always been great at meeting guys. It's the getting rid of them part that I have a hard time with.

Lemme see...........if I wanted to meet a guy, one of my favorite things was to rush up to him, throw my arms around him and give him a huge kiss. Then I'd step back, blush, and stammer about how embarrassed I was because I thought he was someone else. <evil grin> That one was pretty much guaranteed to work. :) I've always believed in the direct approach unless it was more fun to play hard to get.

I've never been stand-offish when it came to meeting someone that caught my eye. However, I don't recall really going out of my way to meet someone because I thought it was love. I had too much fun playing cat and mouse, and there wasn't really anyone I played with intending to keep. <glancing across the room at Bruce> That kind of backfired on me one day when I realized that the hunter had been captured by the prey.

Deb <singing a chorus of Fooled Around and Fell in Love>

In between marriages and divorces, I didn't have any problems meeting men - just met some of the wrong ones........ Wolfie is a shy wolf actually and would never act like Deb! Horrors! Rush up and kiss someone?! Blech! Not until the second date anyway! LOL Doug and I have been together now for almost 16 years.....as to being madly in love, nope. We are lovers but not passionately in love. My passion left me years ago - when the love of my life broke my wild heart leaving the mere shell of a person.... But don't be sad....I too yearn for passionate love.....but I guess I'm too old for that now.....

I had given up meeting the man of my dreams until I did thirty four years ago on my birthday and he was gorgeous in his uniform! It turned out to be the best gift I ever received. I knew on our first date we were going to get married although it took him a while longer. He is the sweetest most thoughtful and generous man who seldom refuses me anything. In fact I have to be careful about admiring or mentioning things because he will get them whether I want it or not. He is supportive in every way both physically and emotionally and treats me pretty much as an equal. Am I spoiled? You bet and I do not regret it one bit. Is he perfect? Of course not, he has a temper upon occasion and hates stupidity in people when they clearly know better. Yet he will listen to me when I remind him some things are not worth going to the wall for. All in all he is definitely a keeper.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't go far. If there had been a connection, I would have gotten the phone number. Otherwise it would just be a pleasant memory. Besides, the man of my dreams is upstairs in bed sleeping. And I knew the minute I saw him that I would marry him. I could never replace him.

Sad to hear that after all that, the two broke up.

Well after the break up with my childrens father I wasnt even thinking about getting in to another relationship. BUT then I met the most wonderful man at my kids daycare and been with him ever since.

• 1 month later...

When i thought i had met the man of my dreams it was online he was in australia i live in canada. I flew out there to meet him we intended on getting married but my visa ran out and my immigration application was denied. In the mean time i had gotten pregnant which was planned as we did not think immigration would be an issue. I ended up having to come home we have not seen each other since. He has since remarried and has other children and is an alcoholic but at the time it seemed like an adventerous thing to do and i dont regret it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Future Hubbie and I met online seven years ago. Three years ago I moved from Virginia to where he lived in Texas.... So I guess I'd have to say...1400 miles is how far I'd go :lol:

I wouldn't take even one step to find him. I think he is a fairytale. I have been married 3 times, and physically and mentally battered 3 times. Life is too short to have broken bones and missing teeth at the hands of someone you thought loved you. I will never marry or date again. Period.