What's Your Favorite.....8/03/08

I don't have a particular favorite flower, but I have favorite plants and more than one...lol...I love hollyhocks, lillies (different varieties), foxglove, oh heck, just a number of perennials....

My favorite color over the years has been blue...in different shades (except light blue)...but i have developed quite a liking for purple in different shades....so I can't fix on a favorite color either....lol...

Favorite food. I have to say hot wings. I just love them!

“Give me the clear blue sky above my head, and the green turf beneath my feet." (I haven't been able to stand purple since that brain dead purple dinosaur started poluting the airwaves, only thing worse than Barney is the purple tinky winky twit :lol: )

I LOVE the replies!! It really is hard to pick a favorite when there is so much variety out there!! But to find out ones personal favorite is nice too. Have any of you found that your favorites change from time to time too? My Favorite flower used to be a Cala Lily because it was so simple, beautiful and unique looking to me. When my grand mother died, I would cry every time I looked or saw a petunia cause it was her favorite flower and she had them all over her yard. About 5 years ago I was at the store and saw some petunias and loved the smell of them! I could not resist them and now they are my most favorite flower cause there are so many varieties of them and the grow so darn well and are very hearty!

I also am a BIG fan of Lavender. I love plants & flowers that smell so good after the rain and Lavender & Petunias are really smelly in a good way :lol:

I LOVE the replies!! It really is hard to pick a favorite when there is so much variety out there!! But to find out ones personal favorite is nice too. Have any of you found that your favorites change from time to time too? My Favorite flower used to be a Cala Lily because it was so simple, beautiful and unique looking to me. When my grand mother died, I would cry every time I looked or saw a petunia cause it was her favorite flower and she had them all over her yard. About 5 years ago I was at the store and saw some petunias and loved the smell of them! I could not resist them and now they are my most favorite flower cause there are so many varieties of them and the grow so darn well and are very hearty!

I also am a BIG fan of Lavender. I love plants & flowers that smell so good after the rain and Lavender & Petunias are really smelly in a good way :lol:

(For me it's African Violets that make me cry, my mother had dozens of them.)

"Lavender's blue, dilly dilly, lavender's green, When I am king, dilly, dilly, you shall be queen ... "

My grandmother loved Christmas cactus, but she had a green thumb that neither my mother nor I inherited; her hibiscuses always looked to me like the perfect stereotypical flower. My food favorites sure did change when the doctor put both of us on the same strict diet to manage our weight & cholesterol; it's still working, because DH's cholesterol is still in the normal range, and I'm on lowest-dose statin to keep mine there. But my favorite color has always been some shade or other of blue...

Favorite flowers are roses, pink or red and calla lilies.

Favorite color is teal green, second fave is royal blue.

Favorite foods are either a good prime rib or lasagna.

Tracy, you're right, it's so hard to decide. I did my best.

Terri

My favorite color is black, favorite flowers are antique lavander roses, favorite foods are the ones I dont have to cook!! (its a rare occasion when I dont have to cook) A Jimboys taco with sour cream....yummm

My Favorite color must be a light blue... it seems everything is that color in my home.!

I love dessert, ice cream cake is the best.!!

My Favorite Flower is the rose.. and all my other flowers.!!

Kellee

Favorite Flower..........Roses and Lily-of-the-Valley

Favorite Colors...........Yellow and red

Favorite Food.............This one is hard. I love Chinese food, but there is a restaurant in the Pocono's in Pennsylvania that makes Chicken Marsala ro die for!!!!!

lyn

Flower: Either Lilacs or Honeysuckle - honeysuckle blooms wild all over the place here in the spring. You walk outside and the air is perfumed by it. Heaven.

Food: Steak/and or lobster. But for more casual, you can't beat covering a slice of bread with a thin layer of cheddar and broiling it, then topping it with a sliced tomato and broiling it again. Oh. Yummy.

Color? Hmmm. There are so many, but I like white and yellow together. So clean looking. Then liven it up with blues or make it warm with green or peach depending on the time of year.

Flower: I love impatiens. They're everywhere and a simple little flower, but I just love them.

Color: I say purple, but it's probably blue.

Food: Prime rib roast cooked perfectly. It's the most heavenly thing on earth to eat. The only thing to make it better is a garlic butter sauce on the side and something chocolate for dessert.

my Favorite color is any shade of Purple

Favorite flower is purple and white roses

favorite food: before surgery or after? LOL

roast beef with mashed potato's and gravy on a piece of bread

Steak from the grill and a baked potato w/lots of butter

sweets (now they are sugar free versions)

BBQ Chicken or Ribs

Let's see here.....my favorite flower is a baby rose with the colors of a deep yellow and tipped with deep red. If the baby rose doesn't have those colors, it's not my favorite flower!

My favorite color.....I'm thinking....I'm thinking.....okay, right now at 9:34 a.m. my favorite color is red.

My favorite food....I enjoy breakfast, but my favorite food would be white wedding cake with an occasional addition of nuts that are served at weddings. I am poised and polite at weddings, but I do go back for seconds!

Flower: Lavender (to smell and look at)

Color: Probably some sort of pink

Food: Hmmm... depends on my mood. Probably a nice mild Indian curry (I miss that - they are so popular in England but I've yet to find a good one here in Florida) with rice and a nann bread.

Sasha, I can't remember the name right now, I think it's Amrat's Palace in Ocala.

Oh, next time we take a road trip we'll have to stop there! I miss good Indian food so much (I hear there's some good places in NYC).