It`s the most wonderful time of the year!

heidiiiii

Staples commercial. I loved this commercial.

Ahhh! Soon Nat will be off to school and I will have my mornings to myself again.

School supplies...check!

Couple new outfits...check!

Hair done....check!

New sneakers...check!

Everybody ready for the new school year?

My kids don't start until September but I can't wait! Last year this time I was singing the blues about my baby going to Kindergarten. This year, I can't wait for 1st grade to start! My oldest daughter will be going into middle school now :blink: So I worry a little but I can't wait!! I Just can't wait for my mornings to be free again!! :lol: I am going to start working out again and I am even thinking about going back to work :o

Tracy,

I know me saying this will not alleviate your nerves about middle school but she will be fine. She has her friends from elementary school going to so she will not be alone.

I think I was more stressed when Chelsea was a freshman in high school but after that I was fine. We live in a urban city and people think that my kids need a switchblade to survive school. Not at all. They both were fine and Natalie cannot wait to get back to her friends that she hasnt seen all summer.

I know she will be fine (Sure sure, I can say it, but I am hyperventilating here :lol:) We decided to send her to another middle school (Not one that most of her classmates will be going to this year) So this will be all new for her. The good thing is they have a great program here where new kids (6th graders or kids new to the district) can go to a 2 day class to help them get familiar with the school. She had summer school in her new middle school too so she got to meet some of her new friends all ready.

I am so ready for it all to start though. I am going on a job interview on Friday and eating lunch with a friend from my old job Friday afternoon too. I am kinda excited about it too because I have not worked around grown ups for almost 7 years! We'll see though. I am still uncertain if I am really ready to jump into that again but with both girls being older and starting school soon, it has made me ready to try something different.

These school years fly by so fast!! I remember 6th grade like it was yesterday and I remember 1st grade like it was last week!! Sheesh, Where are my babies? Nope no more babies here. :blink:

Mmmmmm, in gear here allready, kids start school on Thursday and I started last Monday >sigh< it sure cuts back in my mini-ing hours!!! But somehow it also feels nice to be back, somehow....

Hugs

Tracy, the only drawback to returning to the workforce fulltime is that it'll take so much away from your minis; on the other hand, maybe with the extra income you & Chris can finally get your new house!

Tracy, the only drawback to returning to the workforce fulltime is that it'll take so much away from your minis; on the other hand, maybe with the extra income you & Chris can finally get your new house!
The position I am being offered is a part time only and the house is no longer something we want. During these economic times, I am glad we don't have to spend so much on the up keep of that house.

Mmmmmm, in gear here allready, kids start school on Thursday and I started last Monday >sigh< it sure cuts back in my mini-ing hours!!! But somehow it also feels nice to be back, somehow....

Hugs

Wow, they have started already! Anna, what grades are they in and what are you gonna do with your "free time"? I am with Heidi in that commercial dancing trying to figure out why they don't have the right scrapbook paper for our dollhouses :blink:

Next Monday will be the day here! I so can't wait to see that bus! :welcome: My baby will be going all day this year and I am so happy for her. Feels like I've been counting down since school let out. :gathering:

School here started Monday, too. The weather has been unseasonably gorgeous, mid-80s, clear. I thought at least two days of 100 F. weather was mandatory for the first week of school in the midwest. Now that all of the schools are air conditioned, the weather turns nice. Go figure. :dunce:

My kids start school on Tuesday. Michigan schools don't start now until the day after Labor Day - guess it was taking away from the traveling folks heading north. What is nice, is my office is closed the first day of school. Most of the employees have little ones to get off the first day, including the doctor.

Day care will be cheaper!!!

Not fair! My kids are too little for school (1 year old and 2 1/2 year old). I can't wait until they start school... just a little bit of 'me time' (to clean the house, cook, laundry... you know really pamper myself!!!) would be great!

Actually I like it when the schools go back because all the places we go to during the week (parks, library etc.) are so busy in the vacations. At least I'll get the good bench at the park now!

Ah yes, back to school daze! I remember it well....as soon as the kids got on the bus, I was FREE! Like a shot I was able to go to the mall without kids crying and whining to hurry up, how about some new toys Mom, or candy. Peace and quiet reigned until they got home. The dog, cat and I would curl up together and catch up on our naps without some small one pulling ears, fur, or apron! Whee! I can visit the neighbors or talk on the phone without "help." Oh yes, I remember those wonderful by-gone days!

Now of course in our time of life, I wish sometimes Doug would go back to school so I could have more time to mini and less time in the kitchen! LOL

Dang it Heidi! I can't stop watching this silly commercial video now! I love it! The expressions on the kid's faces, the look on the man on the shopping cart, etc., etc. I was in stitches and still am!

ROFL! Gina, that was my favorite commercial back when they played it. I would start singing along and the girls would get so mad..LOL

We have to see the guidance counselor tomorrow. She emailed me to tell me she is taking computer class all day today. Cutting it kinda of thin..school starts on Thursday. She is nice but she will see my *not so nice* side if she tells me they cannot accommodate Nat`s schedule. I will be P.O.ed to the max. Do not stick her in classes she does not want because there is no room. I have been trying to fix this for 3 months. Hopefully it will turn out okay.

Three months and there's still no action? Borrow a page from Agnes' book. If you can't say something nice, get in there and raise HE**; if a squeaky wheel doesn't get the grease, how about a 24/7 screechy one?

Holly,

The problem was that her guidance counselor was talking to me about fixing the problems in June (right after the report cards came out)..then they had to wait to see what they were going to do about all these kids that flunked out of the class..waiting waiting waiting. Then I call and cannot seem to get hold of anyone. Then the building is closed because they painted the whole school. I then find out that the guidance counselor no longer works there anymore!

I FINALLY find out who her counselor is now..she is brand spanking new. But she is the head of the department and she said she will fix everything.

Feeling like I am getting the run around. So Mama just shows up! ROFL

I just do not want Nat to get stuck with things she does not want because all the classes are filled, scheduling conflicts, etc.

I will raise holy youknowwhat if that happens. I will be nice to this woman because she got stuck with the mess..but I will be talking to some higher ups if we are not satisfied.

Poor Chloe was so nervous yesterday about starting jr high she threw up when the bus arrived...needless to say i had to drop her off at school :hiya: It is hectic I can't wait til they have bio clocks set to school routine again!

Noble is having a hard time adjusting his sleep schedule his pre-k was half day and started at noon, he is not liking the full day gig, he just wants to stay asleep after rest period. I am sure he will be okay in a week once he is used to it.