New Signature Policy

Mini Man

One of the great features of our forum is the opportunity for members to add some personal flair to their post by customizing their avatar and personal signature. We currently have size restrictions on the Avatars, but no official policy on the content or size of personal signatures. It's important to remember that not all our members have broad band connections. Large signatures significantly effect the browsing experience for these members. Additionally, I think that long signatures can also be confusing for people that are new to forums… in some instances, the post themselves almost get lost in a sea of signatures.

I would rather not have an official policy other than asking that people show good judgment. I think that anything over a few lines of text and an image should be moved to your about me page. Your about me page is a great place to list your projects, post multiply graphics or even a you-tube video. Just add a link in your signature; more about me, and everyone who is interested can take peak!

I hope that everyone will review their signature voluntarily. In extreme case, your signature may be edited without notice.

Thanks!

Dean

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much is too much? Is mine too long? I just removed the lists of houses I've built and ones I have in boxes and put them on my "about me" page.

Thanks, Dean.

I will add that I like seeing lists of what people have built. Then if I'm thinking of building that particular dollhouse, I will know to look in their gallery for pictures of how they did theirs.

How much is too much? Is mine too long? I just removed the lists of houses I've built and ones I have in boxes and put them on my "about me" page.

Thanks, Dean.

I will add that I like seeing lists of what people have built. Then if I'm thinking of building that particular dollhouse, I will know to look in their gallery for pictures of how they did theirs.

I agree, I like seeing which houses people have built, so that I can check their galleries, as a "search" never seems to turn up many pics. But, this is good too. I certainly understand the need to "clean up" the posts a little. Thanks Dean!

I think my sig was always fairly short, so no problem there. Just wanted to take this opportunity to let you know how much I appreciate this forum! You don't ask much from us, so anytime I can help make this place pleasant for all, I'll do as you ask.

I think this is a very fair request - I also find the long signatures somewhat distracting. They're very interesting, but some do tend to take up a lot of space on the page.

I have a suggestion to remedy the problem of how to know which member has completed which dollhouse.

Could there could be a pinned thread at the top of each different house's topic? Members could post in it when they have built/are building a particular house. Then people considering that dollhouse will easily find the names of the members who have experience with it. Just a thought - don't know if it's feasible. :welcome:

Also, I'd just like to say hello to Dean - and thank you again for being so thoughtful and diligent. You make this forum an absolute delight - very easy to use, very safe, and above all welcoming to everyone. We wouldn't be the "happy family" that we are without our fearless and heroic "Leader of the Pack", Dean. :gathering:

I deleted the picture in my signature & went back to the two lines. I like the idea of listing the houses we've built in our "about me" section, and shall do so if I can figure out how to do the links.

I agree that the signatures had gotten too cumbersome although it is fun to see the who did what and what people are dreaming about of all the members wonderful creativity.

The link idea is a great one but I am with Holly on the question of how to make the link back to the "about me" page ... can someone walk me through the process please?

This forum has been a delight for me and I want to do my part to keep it a well organized and smoothly functioning tool for all us mini addicts.

Thanks Greenleaf and Dean !

Oh, you can click on the members' username to get to the "about me" page. What I'll have to noodle through is making links from the houses I've built to the pictures/ blogs for them; and that's just a matter of taking time away from my minis, my making new grandson clothes, paddling, hiking & biking...