New Signature Policy

Mini Man

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this request because I also dont like the long signatures. There are so many other places in your profile to write lists and other things about yourself. They are just an eye sore in my opinion when Im reading all of the posts.

Thanks, Dean, and everyone who is paring down the sig blocks. I was going to post something about this myself, but haven't had time ... too busy scrolling through the thicket of sigs! :)

Nathaniel, the list of what you're working on could very appropriately go into your About Me segment, too. ")

• 1 year later...

I just wanted to Bump this topic up because we are seeing a lot of LONG signature Lines. Please read the Post here: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...st&p=272898

I would like to give everyone a chance to edit their own signature lines so that we won't have to do it on our end. The signature lines can be very confusing for Newbies and takes up lots of space if someone is using there Blackberry or Iphones to read the forum. Please be considerate of others and put more info about yourself or projects on your "About Me" pages. Thanks Everyone :p

Well, if you meant literally long signatures then I am mortified to have had one of the longest...just shotened it though! And if you meant not to put pics in our writing space anymore..Gotcha! This site is too important to all of us to abuse or misuse or to make it

difficult for others.Thanks for the Heads up,Dean!! :p

I actually missed this post in August and I want to say that I don't mind having my signature removed. I was never sure if it was too large or not - on my other forum we have a limit of 500 x 300 and I know that's large for a forum, so I suspected mine might be a little large for here. But I remember having dial up and if it helps everyone else here to make it easier to read the forum, then I don't mind losing mine at all. :blink:

Thanks so much for your help with this everyone. We originally asked people to do this in August 2008. We are in 2009 and do have new members here so we want to give people a chance to fix it up themselves. You don't have to remove it totally but keeping it short & sweet is appreciated :blink:

I shortened mine - I hope it wasn't one of the ones that caused any problems!

I'm confused though... I have my controls set up to track the Site Info, Feedback & Technical Support forum but I still didn't get the original message. I happened to be looking through today and spotted it. Can someone help me so that I get all of the front office information please?

Thank you!

If you're on dial-up and wish not to have the signatures load at all, go to My Controls. Scroll to the bottom and under Options on the left side, click on Board Settings. Under Board Display Settings you can choose whether or not to view member signatures when reading topics.