I was all ready to sell out today...

Cuppa-Tea

hey hey HEYY, :)  :p

Step away from the tools lady!

GI Joes not a doll and we don't "play" with our tools.

Glen

:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glen,i have to agree with you GI Joe is not a doll and tools are not a toy. at least not mine as Tim the tool man would say agh,agh, more power!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah

Got to say Jimmy, some of the goings on in this forum make me reconsider posting here. :lol:

Women going on about how they deceive their men. (Never catch guys doin that.)

Women playing with a mans tools, taking over their garage. I mean really, if you were after sympathy because something went wrong with your building, this would not be the place to look for sympathy or support would it. :p

Do you think anyone even remembers poor Christine’s plight?? :)

It’s just not right! :D

Glen

Solidarity mates, solidarity.

The League of Scale House Building Blokes (LOSHBB, okay I'll work on that) could be upon us.

We, the masculine (and dead butch at that mate) minority here have to watch each other's backs. I say end mill, you guys know what I'm talking about. Parting tool, of course. I say this gearset gives 16 different speeds, you think, gotta have it. No matter what it is. You can't have no all in one machine, or a mill attachment for your lathe! No, you NEED a mill and a lathe, and no mamby pamby wood lathe! You NEED the precision of a metal working lathe. You know what I'm talking about. Hang in there, I'm pullin' for ya, cause we're all in this together.

Hey wait, I got it: Partners In Scale Supremecy! Maybe not. :)

LOSHBB definitely works for me.

But where can I get one of those 16 speed things.

REALLY need one, what ever it is, for a job I'm doing at the moment.

Cheers

Glen (LOSHBB)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Everyone needs a 16 speed thing. Especially when torque is involved. 16 speeds while torque is maintained.

If the phrase: "this bugger can turn and cut through the barrel of a Sherman Tank" brings tears to your eyes, then you're in the right place.

Solidarity!

Andrew (LOSHBB)

Women playing with a mans tools, taking over their garage.
I play with my own power tools, thank you very much :)

GI Joe is not a doll and tools are not a toy.

Hmph.

Step away from the tools lady!

Nyah! You'll take these when you pry them from my cold, dead fingers!!! (straddling wood lathe, clutching drillbit-chucked Dremel in one hand & sawbladed flexshaft in the other)

hmmmm!

Who fixed the faucets behind the washing machine when they started to leak? ME! Are they still leaking? NO

Who replaced the ceiling fan? ME! Did my hair curl while doing it? NO

When the manly men friends and dh get together to fix something, who do they ask to get what tool from basement workroom? ME!

Did dear hubby organize and purchase said tools from Home Depot? NO

Take a guess at who in my house is the jack of all trades and who is the apprentice?

:):p

it's all about finding perfection in a small way that I can't find in my real life. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, first of all...amen. Neil Patrick is a cutie.

Secondly...I love your quote. My dollhouse obsession is second only to valium when it comes to relaxing. I don't have an anxiety disorder...I just don't have enough dollhouses.

Third. Oh Doogster...I borrowed your 16 speed thingie to pull all the excess hair out of my hair brush. It didn't work very well. Is it supposed to make that burning smell?

Hey, how about Dollhouses And Male Nonconformists for a group name?

~Jenny

Secondly...I love your quote.  My dollhouse obsession is second only to valium when it comes to relaxing.  I don't have an anxiety disorder...I just don't have enough dollhouses.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, to me my dollhouse obsession is just one more unfinished project hanging over my head. Actually, several unfinished projects hanging over my head. Hence the desire to just sell the whole collection and reduce my stress level. But then I wouldn't have an excuse to hang out here!!!

How sad... Part of the fun of building is learning the story about the house or whatever mini I'm making, or the people I'm making for it.

You're right! But I just haven't got the time to play... or don't make the time to play. But DS and I are home sick today, so I think we're going to make the Corona furniture I bought for his log cabin. He calls it "a puzzle." I guess it really does look like one, doesn't it!

Of course, first I have to shower (It's 10:30 a.m. and I'm still in my robe), plan the meals for the week, go grocery shopping, fold the clothes I washed last night, change the linens on the beds and the towels and wash them (because we're sick), vacuum, dust, mop the floors, make lunch....I think that's all for today! I already wrote letters and cleaned the bathroom. Of course, all I really want to do is curl up on the sofa and watch old movies. But, The Family must be fed and so on. My poor little DS has a terribly sore, red nose and can't stop coughing. I need to get him some tissues with lotion.

I am SAHM, hear me... whimper????

(For the uninitiated, SAHM=Stay-at-home-mom)

Third.  Oh Doogster...I borrowed your 16 speed thingie to pull all the excess hair out of my hair brush.  It didn't work very well.  Is it supposed to make that burning smell? 

Hey, how about Dollhouses And Male Nonconformists for a group name?

~Jenny

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL! ROFLMREO!! LOL! Oh dear!

I am SAHM, hear me... whimper????

(For the uninitiated, SAHM=Stay-at-home-mom)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh man I guess that makes me a SAHP which sounds even worse (Stay at Home Parent.. and SAHP sounds just a bit better than SAHD (for stay at home dad)

:) - David

Solidarity mates, solidarity.

The League of Scale House Building Blokes (LOSHBB, okay I'll work on that) could be upon us.

What about MMEN Male Miniature Enthusiasts Network ?

Or how about this one :)

MAMA Mens Association of Miniature Architecture

heheh - sorry :p

-David

Nyah!  You'll take these when you pry them from my cold, dead fingers!!! (straddling wood lathe, clutching drillbit-chucked Dremel in one hand & sawbladed flexshaft in the other)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Photo required

Glen LOSHBB

Oooh...I like MAMA. 

How about Scale House Enthusiasts - Masculine Architectural Lilliputian Engineers.  You know....SHE-MALE.  (You could pronounce it like tamale.)

I'm sorry.  You can't take me out in public.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Speechless :):p:D :lol:

Glen LOSHBB

rotflmao. no wait, think I just died.

QUOTE(havanaholly @ Feb 28 2006, 10:59 PM)

Nyah!  You'll take these when you pry them from my cold, dead fingers!!! (straddling wood lathe, clutching drillbit-chucked Dremel in one hand & sawbladed flexshaft in the other)

Photo required

Tried to, sorry, broke the camera! :)

Of course, first I have to shower (It's 10:30 a.m. and I'm still in my robe), plan the meals for the week, go grocery shopping, fold the clothes I washed last night, change the linens on the beds and the towels and wash them (because we're sick), vacuum, dust, mop the floors, make lunch....I think that's all for today! I already wrote letters and cleaned the bathroom. Of course, all I really want to do is curl up on the sofa and watch old movies. But, The Family must be fed and so on. My poor little DS has a terribly sore, red nose and can't stop coughing. I need to get him some tissues with lotion.

Oh Thank God my Children are grown and out of the house. Boy do I remember those days, (except I worked full time and had 2 kids) Now it is just hubby and I and we may live out of the clothes basket for a week, or eat fast food or leftovers 3 times, grocery shopping means picking up things when it runs out--without kids around there is no one to set an example for so we just pick and choose what we want to do :) Of course here lately we haven't done much because one or the other of us has had some type of health problem, my back and now hubby has pnuemonia and I have some type of cold "crud" so lots of couch potatoing going on.

Oh Guys--BTW since I started building dollhouses, my dh tools have increased. Amazing the things he had to get in order to help build the Lily. Only fair in my humble opinion that way he got more things for his hobby, can I help it if it helped my hobby? Partnership in all we do.

I vote for MAMA for your name. ROFLMAO

Peggi

Glen - just checked out your links on 'my little girls dollhouse'. Very cool! And I love the piano. One question though...on your link you wrote:

'Had a spare hour to kill with baby the other day so went to the mall and looked in one of those shops with lots of gift ideas. Blow me - there on the shelf was a cool selection of collectable music box mechanisms.'

Um...does that phrase mean something else in New Zealand?...because I've never heard it used in quite that way.

Or maybe I'm just more sheltered than I thought... :rolleyes:

~Jenny

Glen - just checked out your links on 'my little girls dollhouse'.  Very cool!  And I love the piano.  One question though...on your link you wrote:

'Had a spare hour to kill with baby the other day so went to the mall and looked in one of those shops with lots of gift ideas. Blow me - there on the shelf was a cool selection of collectable music box mechanisms.'

Um...does that phrase mean something else in New Zealand?...because I've never heard it used in quite that way.

Or maybe I'm just more sheltered than I thought...  :rolleyes:

~Jenny

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Um, I'm guessing it means something like "blow me down," as in "you could knock me down with a feather." Not what you're thinking, I'm sure!!! :blink:

Oh man I guess that makes me a SAHP which sounds even worse (Stay at Home Parent.. and  SAHP sounds just a bit better than SAHD (for stay at home dad)

:rolleyes:  - David

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, David, the "stay-at-home" part is a euphemism for "not earning income." I'm guessing you work from home, right? So then you would be a Work At Home Dad or a WAHD. Hmmmm... not sure that sounds any better!