I was all ready to sell out today...

Cuppa-Tea

LOL! ROFLMREO!! LOL! Oh dear!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And you call yourself a moderator???/

can't you do something??

clearly this thread has degenerated enough to be stiffled. Jimmy, buddy, come on, use those powers, log on as your missus or somthin. Currently we're BLOSHBB

"Beleaguered League of ScaleHouse Building Blokes" :rolleyes:

Glen BLOSHBB

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy, buddy, come on, use those powers, log on as your missus or somthin.

Glen BLOSHBB

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wait a minute! Are you asking Jimmy to be deceitful? To his wife!

Since I thought of it, I have final say in the name.

League of Scale House Building Blokes (LOSHBB) it is!

I still like the other idea I had, but for some reason don't think it'd fly too well. :rolleyes:

We are the men, with power tools, big ones. If it aint rated in horsepower we don't wanna know about it! Wood lathe? Check this guy out:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=33684

That's what I call a lathe, got one sitting in the garage waiting to be set up right now. Precision machining is what it's all about. And you can turn wood on this guy. Try turning aluminum bar on yer wood lathe.And we NEED mills, like this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=47158

And drill presses, sanding centers, really powerful saws. We have to be able to cut the leg off a Tyranosaur, or the tool aint worth having.

Wait a minute! Are you asking Jimmy to be deceitful? To his wife!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmmm :blink: ............ something about hidding a house under a bed even when asked not too

this a ringin a bell anyone?? :rolleyes:

ooohh see

now you got me doin it.

I'm so ashamed, I'm gonna turn of my computer for 24 hours.

Glen

LOSHBB

hmmm :blink: ............ something about hidding a house under a bed even when asked not too

this a ringin a bell anyone?? :rolleyes:

Glen

LOSHBB

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hid the house under Zack's bed, who is the child of the house (age 17). Our house, technically our bed, we pay the bills, I can hide houses where I want, LOL! And believe me, if I'd left the house out in the middle of the floor, Zack would've been the first to scream about it...

Now wait a minute... the SILO thing was supposed to be cool. You were supposed to like it. :rolleyes: I DID think of some that the ladies would think were pretty funny but I was very NICE and DIDN'T post them. (You got me in trouble, Linda! Get up off the floor, woman, and get control of yourself!)

I don't think you can use LOSHBB because it sounds like a drunk looking for his girlfriend in a club. "I losh BeBe! Yoo sheen 'er nnywhere?"

Because I'm obsessed with acronyms, and because my son kept me up half the night, I thought of several more:

If you called yourselves the Male International Small Scale Engineering Scientists, you would be known as M.I.S.S.E.S.

But, if you called yourselves the Brotherhood Of Small Scale Engineering Scientists, you would be B.O.S.S.E.S.

Just don't call yourselves the Brotherhood of Small Scale Engineering Designers, because then you would be B.O.S.S.E.D.

If you were the Distinguished Order of International Little Innovation Engineering Scientists, you would be known as D.O.I.L.I.E.S.

But, if you called yourselves the Miniature Artisans and Collectible Homebuilders Organization then you could be M.A.C.H.O.

Now, my personal favorite is the Society of International Small Scale Innovation Engineers, which sounds great and is very descriptive, but then you'd be known as S.I.S.S.I.E.'s

But if you called yourselves the Group of International Junior Opulence Engineers, then you could be G.I.J.O.E.'s.

Personally, I vote for MACHO - Miniature Artisans and Collectible Homebuilders Organization.

LOSHBB is good  I have some letters to add to it  LOSHBB-WHWTFD  thinkabout what it means. I'll tell you later

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm...is it League of Scale House Building Blokes - Women Heckle "What The F*, Dude?!"

Because I'm obsessed with acronyms, and because my son kept me up half the night, I thought of several more:

heheheeheheheheeheheheee<cackle, snort, snarkle>hehehehehehehehehehe Oh lordy hehehehehehehheheehee

I was all set to ask if there were going to be super hero uniforms to go with this organization coz, well, if you have a name and all the tools, you're gonna need capes and utility belts and all that. But after Christine came up with this list, it suddenly became clear!

Call yourselves: "Miniature Artisans and Collectible Homebuilders Organization then you could be M.A.C.H.O."

<digging around in the trunk in the attic> <mumbling> Somewhere in here there's a cowboy outfit..........oh wait, here's the policeman's uniform........and oh, look, you'll need this..... <flinging a feather head dress over my shoulder> ....now what did I do with that hard hat.......

Deb <rolling around on the floor kicking and howling>

By rolling on the floor laughing at my SILO thing the guys got all offended! :rolleyes: Y'all were supposed to say "Oh, yeah, that's cool!" Because if they call themselves the LOSHBB's, I'm going to keep thinking of the drunk in the bar. Or call them the "Lost Babies" in my head.

I can't help it. I spent too much of my working life dealing with acronyms in my job. You don't know what it's like to be constantly referring to the "ICCTG" or the "ICDB" or the "CTSRMC" - which stand for the Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Trials Group, the Interstitial Cystitis Data Base and the Clinical Trials Scientific Review and Monitoring Committe... to name just a few! And it got worse when we had the Data Safety Monitoring Board because then it was the ICCTGDSMB.

heheheeheheheheeheheheee<cackle, snort, snarkle>hehehehehehehehehehe Oh lordy hehehehehehehheheehee

I was all set to ask if there were going to be super hero uniforms to go with this organization coz, well, if you have a name and all the tools, you're gonna need capes and utility belts and all that.  But after Christine came up with this list, it suddenly became clear! 

Call yourselves:  "Miniature Artisans and Collectible Homebuilders Organization then you could be M.A.C.H.O."

<digging around in the trunk in the attic>  <mumbling>  Somewhere in here there's a cowboy outfit..........oh wait, here's the policeman's uniform........and oh, look, you'll need this..... <flinging a feather head dress over my shoulder> ....now what did I do with that hard hat.......

Deb  <rolling around on the floor kicking and howling>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, I give up! Deb, you're just making it worse! You're not supposed to laugh at the macho ones. I mean, the MACHO one. Oh, fudge. It's hopeless. (wiping tears from my eyes and trying to catch my breath from laughing.)

By rolling on the floor laughing at my SILO thing the guys got all offended!  :rolleyes: Y'all were supposed to say "Oh, yeah, that's cool!"  Because if they call themselves the LOSHBB's, I'm going to keep thinking of the drunk in the bar.  Or call them the "Lost Babies" in my head. 

I can't help it. I spent too much of my working life dealing with acronyms in my job.  You don't know what it's like to be constantly referring to the "ICCTG" or the "ICDB" or the "CTSRMC" - which stand for the Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Trials Group, the Interstitial Cystitis Data Base and the Clinical Trials Scientific Review and Monitoring Committe... to name just a few!  And it got worse when we had the Data Safety Monitoring Board because then it was the ICCTGDSMB.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Huh uh! I was laughing at the use of the 16 speed thingy to clean the hairbrush! I do like the SILO name!

Huh uh! I was laughing at the use of the 16 speed thingy to clean the hairbrush! I do like the SILO name!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OH!!! Okay! I got confused when it turned over to the new page. Sorry!!!!! :rolleyes:

<digging around in the trunk in the attic> <mumbling> Somewhere in here there's a cowboy outfit..........oh wait, here's the policeman's uniform........and oh, look, you'll need this..... <flinging a feather head dress over my shoulder> ....now what did I do with that hard hat.......
And their theme song could be "YMCA" (Yelling Men Creating Anarchy) :rolleyes:

I play with dolls... I'm no longer even sure I'm a man!

We;re sure you are, Dean. Real men can play with whatever they want to without any apologies or rationalizations!

Christine, I now crown you Queen of Acronyms.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you!!! :rolleyes::blink::D

If my account is "mysteriously" or "accidentally" deleted today, I will retain my crown as consolation and wear it always.

Ladies, if those guys ask to borrow any of your leftover rocks from the flower borders, say NO! And above all, hide your slingshots. Please!

P.S. How about G-MEN? Gentlemen Miniature Enthusiasts Network?

Haven't you heard; I play with dolls... I'm no longer even sure I'm a man!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ROFLMAOAPIMP! I spit mouthful of coffee on computer monitor! This thread has been making my mornings!

Okay I am no Picasso and it shows I have wayyyyy too much time on my hands but I had to do it.

Maybe another "real" artist can make a final Mascot.

Call yourselves:  "Miniature Artisans and Collectible Homebuilders Organization then you could be M.A.C.H.O."

<digging around in the trunk in the attic>  <mumbling>  Somewhere in here there's a cowboy outfit..........oh wait, here's the policeman's uniform........and oh, look, you'll need this..... <flinging a feather head dress over my shoulder> ....now what did I do with that hard hat.......

Deb  <rolling around on the floor kicking and howling>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ROFL!!!!! Oh man! I was all set to vote for Misses LOL - Remember the old Granny Goose commercial with the macho guy that saves the damsel in distress "Who are you?" she asks with awe and he in his best macho voice replys "I'm Granny Goose". Yep Missus is definitely better than MAMA lol but after reading Deb's reply all I can do is laugh and hear the lyrics to YMCA LOLOLOL . I definitely like MACHO LOL

:rolleyes::blink::D

-David

Haven't you heard; I play with dolls... I'm no longer even sure I'm a man!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL no no no Dean - men don't "play" with dolls .. we collect "collectable figures" remember? :rolleyes: heheheh

Lol sorry I'm stilling singing YMCA from Deb's post and thinking of sappy commercials like a man saving the day with is dollhouse tools and the lady says "My Hero - where did you learn to do that?" and he says "Any time, ma'am - I'm a member of MISSES" or "I'm a MAMA" lol.. yes <choking> I know over the top -time for David to have a time out heheheheh.

-David

Thank you!!!  :rolleyes:  :D  B)

If my account is "mysteriously" or "accidentally" deleted today, I will retain my crown as consolation and wear it always.

Ladies, if those guys ask to borrow any of your leftover rocks from the flower borders, say NO!  And above all, hide your slingshots. Please!

P.S. How about G-MEN?  Gentlemen Miniature Enthusiasts Network?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Christine - I just have one thing to say - You rock! :blink: Loved Doilies too LOL

-David