I was all ready to sell out today...

Cuppa-Tea

Mind you, we could always get David to wire the lights in their houses and then we wouldn’t have to look at their dolls anyway. :angry:

Sorry David :D

Glen

BLOSHBB

LOLOL - Hey I'd be happy to help them with wiring - they could teach me lots! LOL :( Besides guys, haven't any of you learned yet that there's only one way to win an argument with a woman?... Smile and say "Yes, Dear" and if you're really good you'll add in "My angel, my goddess, my inspiration" :D

Sheesh and I'm the one who's single :D

-David

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glen,

Yeah, but I hadda put my two cents in. I know why they just KEEP ON coming at us though. Women don't have that "built in forgetter" that we do which allows us to just plow on ahead and repeat what we did before without being bothered by the fact that it didn't work the last time we did it that way.

And Deb, I think is so quick and witty with such great come-backs we may have to make her an honorary man one of these days if she keeps it up. GRIN!

On a more serious note, CuppaTea, if ya have trouble diagnosing a tape wiring problem I would be happy to help you. You may have to alert melissa about it and she'll let me know as I don't always have enough time to read all the forums but she's here every day. She would pass it along to me. And while it may take me a day or so to get back to it, I am certain we can find the problems. It's not hard.

And for David... Remember the ceiling fixture in our McKinley that was bad and I had to reorder a new one to replace it. When it finally arrived I tested it in a plug and it worked. No doubt because I was holding it by or near the bulb when I connected it to one of the wall plugs to test. BUT... It too, had a loose bulb and when I installed it and it didn't work I went through the exact same thing you did. I kept checking the tape thinking it must be a bad tape run but it kept lighting the test lamp. Only thing I did better was it didn't take me quite as long to locate it as it did you. But I'm very good at electrical and still got hit by that. It was recent enough that had I not been so busy and noticed your first mention of the problem my questions would have been ...

1 - If you test the tape does it have power?

2 - Did you check the lamp before installing it?

and

3 - If it's a screw in bulb or push in bulb did you make sure the bulb was in all the way?

LOL! Oh well. I bet you enjoyed finding it yourself anyway. GRIN!

Now I'm gonna start dropping all of my pennies and nickels in a jar so I can get me one of them there 16 speed thingies.

Hope every one is having a good Friday and has a great weekend. This is the last day of "my weekend" as being in retail the weekend for me always falls DURING the week. LOL!

smiles,

Darrell

Glen,

... It was recent enough that had I not been so busy and noticed your first mention of the problem my questions would have been ...

1 - If you test the tape does it have power?

2 - Did you check the lamp before installing it?

and

3 - If it's a screw in bulb or push in bulb did you make sure the bulb was in all the way?

LOL! Oh well. I bet you enjoyed finding it yourself anyway. GRIN!

LOL, Darrel - I felt like a Genius and an Idiot all at the same time.. and I"m not sure which was worse! LOL :( It was like "YAY.. Doh!" heheheh.

:angry: - David

And Deb, I think is so quick and witty with such great come-backs we may have to make her an honorary man one of these days if she keeps it up. GRIN!

Be Careful Deb, their moving over to make room on the couch for ya :angry:

Peggi

1) lemming

A member of a crowd with no originality or voice of her own. One who speaks or repeats only what she has been told. A tool. A cretin."Ya think she'll do it?"

"she's a lemming, she'll do anything she's told."

by tt Feb 18, 2003

2) Lemming

A small, short-tailed rodent which lives in the tundra. It is said that large groups of these animals come together every so often to jump off of a cliff. On the contrary, they fall off quite by accident.

by Psychic Jack Sep 12, 2003

anomonous

(by some who's never been here before)

Glen -

Thanks for looking it up for me! I just looked on the internet to see what a lemming looked like, but when I saw it described as a rodent ... :angry:

I'd much rather be one of the crowd! :( LOL

Susanne

At the end of every show Red Green opens his 'Possum Lodge meetings with the "Man's Prayer". OK, men, bow your heads:

O, Lord,

I'm a man!

but I can change

if I have to...

Amen.

In the immortal words of Rosanne Conner, " The one who cleans it, owns it!" No matter what is said in the battle of the sexes, if you are the one who does the dirty work( diapers, laundry, dishes, dog-poo, etc) you are the almighty Queen! (and in some instances King but majority rules.) :D

That makes me the king of the house. :D Now how do I explain that to my wife? :D

If I'm in the house bath time and diaper duty is mine. Baby refuses to let mum near her.

Doesn't make me keel like king. :angry: more used :(

Do you get judge Judy over there?

I follow the advice she gave one poor unfortunate wretch.

I start every day with "I was wrong, I'm sorry and I love you."

Does about as much good as a poke in the eye with a blunt stick!

Glen

An honorary testosterone title!!! :angry: heheheheheheheehe Lemme see if I qualify:

I held out for the hurtz shifter and the hooker headers in my divorce settlement.

My sidearm is a snub nosed .38 and I only use hollow point, high velocity loads. I can put an entire box of shells in the ten ring without stopping except to reload. (and I *never* whine about the recoil) My other personal weapons have included a mini14 and an SKS. My pet right now is a Russian WW2 Mosin Nagant that is so beautiful it'll bring a tear to your eye. But the gun I love the most is a Thompson. I prop that puppy on my hip and let 'er rip! Don't have one of my own, but it's on my wish list. I don't want a repro either. I want the genuine article.

I can drink bikers under the table. I can make them blush too.

Wanna see a picture of my baby? She's a '71 Nova---street stock, dirt tracker, gen-u-ine detroit rolling iron--and I'm the owner. My driver had to stop racing to raise his grandkids so we haven't run for a couple of years but she's still my baby. I've spent my share of time crawling in the engine and did most of the body work myself. In fact, I love that car so much that when I was painting the team logo on the hood and it started to rain, I didn't want it out in the damp garage while the paint cured, so I brought it inside and put it on my bed (the only space big enough to lay it flat) and finished painting it. I slept on the couch that night so it wouldn't have to be moved.

I've had harley's parked in my kitchen and dining room during a hail storm and it was my idea to put them there.

So, does that qualify me or should I head on back to the kitchen? <cackle>

Deb

An honorary testosterone title!!! :angry: heheheheheheheehe Lemme see if I qualify:

I held out for the hurtz shifter and the hooker headers in my divorce settlement.

My sidearm is a snub nosed .38 and I only use hollow point, high velocity loads.

I can drink bikers under the table. I can make them blush too.

Wanna see a picture of my baby? She's a '71 Nova---street stock, dirt tracker, gen-u-ine detroit rolling iron--and I'm the owner.

Deb

Oh dear! I think you're beyond qualifying Deb, surpassed them I believe. My ma has a very wicked sawed off 12 gauge shotgun. I have a .380, which I like a lot. It fits my hand perfectly and has minimal recoil to it. Love the car!

Glen,

Yeah, but I hadda put my two cents in. I know why they just KEEP ON coming at us though. Women don't have that "built in forgetter" that we do which allows us to just plow on ahead and repeat what we did before without being bothered by the fact that it didn't work the last time we did it that way.

smiles,

Darrell

Well now, truer words to attach to a male I have never seen! I don't know any guy that doesn't fit, in any way, shape, or category.

BTW, is it just me, or can anyone else hear Bruce saying "Now Deb, play nice with the little boys and don't hurt them honey."?

ROFLMAO :angry: :D:( Oh but I hear it to

Peggi

So Darrell...are you suggesting that you're wanting to make some sort of mini curling iron for your barbies?

Because that's a bit girlie even for me.

~Jenny

That, my friend, was funny.

~Lemming #8

I was thinking more on lines of an electric chair :angry:

An honorary testosterone title!!! ...

Deb

Deb, you're such a boy I think you might need to get checked for testicular cancer.

Harleys, drag races, guns...I want to come to your house. Please invite me to your next slumber party. I'll bring the ice cream, makeup and chick flicks...you bring the hollow points.

~Jenny

BTW, is it just me, or can anyone else hear Bruce saying "Now Deb, play nice with the little boys and don't hurt them honey."?

heheheheheheehe No, but the first time we went to the range together, he was standing behind me watching while I unloaded at center mass on a sillouette target. He leaned forward and said, "gimme a head shot".........I didn't break rhythm and popped one over the left temple and the next right between the eyes. He let out a rebel yell and hollered, "That's my baby!!". <cackle> We're really a perfect match.

My ma has a very wicked sawed off 12 gauge shotgun. I have a .380, which I like a lot. It fits my hand perfectly and has minimal recoil to it.

<southern drawl> Now obviously, your mama done raised you right. :angry:

Deb

Harleys, drag races, guns...I want to come to your house. Please invite me to your next slumber party. I'll bring the ice cream, makeup and chick flicks...you bring the hollow points.

~Jenny

heheheheheehee Make it Ben and Jerry's, chrome nail polish and any movie with Antonio Banderas and you gotta deal! :angry:

Deb

Way to go Deb, I love it. Why should the guys have all the fun?

One of our first dates was out with some friends of his to go shooting. They thought I'd just sit and watch, no way, I shot everything they had including a 357 Magnum. They were sure I lose it with the recoil. But I held on and had a great time.

Body work is fun, especially if you have to weld something back together. I don't think sleeping on the couch for a night while paint dried unusal, I've had a windshield under the bed while we restore his 62 TR3 and a carborator and master cylinder on the diningroom table while we waited for a rebuild kits.

terri

I've had a windshield under the bed while we restore his 62 TR3 and a carborator and master cylinder on the diningroom table while we waited for a rebuild kits.

terri

:) Now that sounds pretty normal. I bet you've also said the words, "Can someone move the transmission out of the tub so I can take a shower?". <grinning>

Deb

Hi all....

I just spent the last 70 minutes reading the 9 pages in this. :lol: I was feeling really down and you all cheered me up. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Now that I've picked myself up off the floor, wiped the rivers of tears from my face and dusted off the bunny hairs (we don't have a dog or cat), I can add my 2 cents to this. My brother had a G.I.Joe and a Johnny West doll. My 3 sisters and I used to use both of them when we played Barbies. Of course we didn't see too much of Johnny after my brother got the Jane West doll. :D

I actually think that MACHO would be a great name for the guys. (Does make you think of the Village People.) :D Deb, you'll have to come up with another outfit tho, cuz there are 6 of our "MACHO" men.

lyn

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...