Coventry Cottage

Ms. Mini

I had been looking at the pictures on Miniatures.com to see the interior and I think the picture they have of the inside is a mirror image. I just couldn't figure out how it worked! So I set out to find some other pictures and that's when I came across those. :blink:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the bay is 7 1/2 inches

mine are in and now Im at a stop. waiting for the drying and than I can paint the outside.

Im copying the box pink and blue. it just looks so sweet I cant resist.

by the way can you hear it purring? sooo Happy to be together!

nutti :blink:

Thanks! I was thinking I could drop the ceiling down to the top of the bay, but that's probably a tad too tall. The first floor in the Fairfield is 5" and even that seems roomy. So I guess I will have to compress the height of the bay by a few inches. (Then again, the 1/2" stairs that Miniatures.com carries accomodates ceilings up to 7"...)

The good news is that I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get three stories out of it. Ooh, now I can't wait to play!

I had been looking at the pictures on Miniatures.com to see the interior and I think the picture they have of the inside is a mirror image.

That's why I couldn't figure it out! My mind won't work in reverse like that. :blink: I'd been using those pictures as a mock up to figure out a floor plan and how to bash the roof line.

I'm likin' your plan to make three floors out of this one! What a totally cool idea.

Deb

I feel good and its so happy!

You should feel good!! That's a seriously happy-purry house! It just makes you want to cuddle up with it.

Darn it, Nutti. I was gonna go upstairs and make some shortcake for the first-of-the-season strawberries I have in the fridge and you had to go post those pictures. :blink:

<looking at the box on the floor>

<looking at your pictures>

<thinking about strawberries>

<looking at the box on the floor>

Minis win!!

Deb <muttering> I'm not gonna take it out of the box. I'm not. I'm not. Well, maybe just to see if anything needs weighting down. But I won't dry fit it. I won't. I have self control. Where's my tape?

Well, I got mine & opened the box & then had to go cook supper, so I decided to be disciplined about it wait 'til today, only now DH wants to go tandem riding after breakfast (from south of Tallahassee to the St Mark's lighthouse & back, a GORGEOUS trip & national birdwatcher's heaven!), so I guess we'll have leftovers tonight so I can finally go through all the parts to see what I have & what I may need to make.

BTW, Melissa, thanks for the tip to screen the porch, I have a corner of one dresser drawer full of supplies I'll never wear again :blink:

:blink:  Great minds move in the same direction.......or at least to the same link.  She has some great pictures of the interior there.  (and I got sidetracked looking at the other eye candy in her album)

I can't wait to see how you bash this into the smaller scale.  What a cool idea!

Deb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YOU made me blush!! I appericate the fact that you like my garfield. thanks you so much!

oh another thing I really like about this house is the locking tabs!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was going to say that! I cant even tell you how EASY it was to put this house togehter, i mean maybe 2 hours max. And the great thing was that I snapped it all togheter, and just glued a little to reinforce. it didnt take much at all :blink:

Nothing compared to my Garfield that took 3 tubes of glue! haha

O yes one more thing! I'm so glad i inspired all of you to do this house! we should make a community build blog on this house, since so many of us are doing it!

BTW, Melissa, thanks for the tip to screen the porch, I have a corner of one dresser drawer full of supplies I'll never wear again ;)

I *really* hope you're talking about pantyhose.

:blink:

Deb

O yes one more thing! I'm so glad i inspired all of you to do this house! we should make a community build blog on this house, since so many of us are doing it!

I love this house, it's sooo sweet...count me in...i just got one! :blink:

I *really* hope you're talking about pantyhose.

Well, gee, Deb, I can't imagine what else you'd think I'dd be talking about! Oops, since it's you, I guess I can :blink: ;) Melissa posted both in her HH blog & in reply to my question that was what she had used to make the screen door, and it's much closer in scale than the plastic mesh Bon Bel cheese bag I originally thought of using.

<snerkle>

Well, gee, Deb, I can't imagine what else you'd think I'dd be talking about! Oops, since it's you, I guess I can :blink: ;) <snerkle>

heheheheheehheeheheheheee

I couldn't resist.

Deb

Well, gee, Deb, I can't imagine what else you'd think I'dd be talking about! Oops, since it's you, I guess I can :blink: ;) Melissa posted both in her HH blog & in reply to my question that was what she had used to make the screen door, and it's much closer in scale than the plastic mesh Bon Bel cheese bag I originally thought of using.

<snerkle>

Oh dear! LOL! Hey, I'm choking over here!

Ya know, Melissa makes some really interesting minis. You should ask her about them some time.

Oh dear! LOL! Hey, I'm choking over here!

Ya know, Melissa makes some really interesting minis. You should ask her about them some time.

Okay! I think I will! :blink:

Hey Melissa! What's this I hear about you making interesting minis?

Deb

well I didnt get it finished but it is painted and the ceilings are done.

ohh the poor indignities these poor houses suffer when upside down. ;)

I ran out of what I usually use to fill the slots and make the seems smoother and DH brought me joint compound....HATE IT! dug out my little bitty tube of woodfill to fill in where the other stuff just fell out and I might say nothing looks smooth yet. uggggggg Ill give it a go after paint is dry tomorrow with the dremmel

my plan is to put the roof on tomorrow and than put in the wall paper. Im very Happy how this little house is comming! oh now that the house is painted I can also put on the porch!!

ooooooo is gopnna look cute tommorrow!

ok Im off to bed!

nutti :blink:

O dear sounds like an intersting mini u made there.... :angry:

Ok so I was a little worker bee last night and got alot more done. I posted 3 new picturess of my progress in my Gallery

Check them out :(

It's so cute! Jenny! I love how it's coming together. I was toying with Peggi's suggestion of making the porch "wrap", remembering that DH's grandparents' house's porch didn't wrap & it looks big enough for the porch swing & a small table for lemonade, as is.

I posted a picture of the casket in an album called casket. We have not completed the church to hold the funeral in yet. For some reson I thought Linda may have been refering to some "adult items" I added into a bedroom swap she was in charge of somewhere.lol. ok so my mind went there, lol. I also upload 1 petit pointy pic and will add to that folder. I think I like how it is set up and it will make it easier for me to Transfer all of Darrell's electrification pics here.

Melissa

For some reson I thought Linda may have been refering to some "adult items" I added into a bedroom swap she was in charge of somewhere.lol.

Melissa

I was. Shouldn't post pix here though, LOL!

I posted a picture of the casket in an album called casket. We have not completed the church to hold the funeral in yet.

David had told me about the casket but I don't think I'd gone to look at the pictures. That's just too cool Melissa!! I love it! I've looked the pictures of your church too and it's so realistic, I could almost smell the furniture polish and candle wax.

So, when you hold the funeral, will be all be invited? :angry: We could hold the wake in Holly's pub afterwards.

Deb

For some reson I thought Linda may have been refering to some "adult items" I added into a bedroom swap she was in charge of somewhere.lol. ok so my mind went there, lol.

heheheheheeheeee You're just dedicated to realism, that's all.

Deb