L.J. 'signs in'

hobbyhouse

:wave: Hello to all on the GLF. I'm a single woman with no kids and my miniature hobby has helped me cope with illness, career changes and helped me cope with the stress of divorce. That's a lot to accomplish on such a small scale.

When I'm not well enough to work on my real house I work on one of my miniature houses until I am feeling well enough.

I'm not sure when or how I first got interested in miniatures but most of my other hobbies have been put on hold ever since. Actually, a lot of my other hobbies, sewing, crochet, tatting, needlework, bear making, painting, have been incorporated into my miniature work making them even more challenging.

There are so many tallented and artistic people on this Greenleaf Forum, for me, always the 'odd one out' in my own uncreative family, it's like finding a world of 'kindred spirits'. :wub:

Hi and welcome to the forum. We always like eye-candy so hopefuly we can see some of your work once you have 5 posts. I know that it is hard to find others interested in miniatures, so this is a whole caring family to bounce ideas off of. I am lucky to have a friend also into the hobby. But it is fun to brows the gallery,ect to find new ideas. I hope you like it here as much as I do. Teresa

Hi and welcome to the forum. We always like eye-candy so hopefuly we can see some of your work once you have 5 posts. I know that it is hard to find others interested in miniatures, so this is a whole caring family to bounce ideas off of. I am lucky to have a friend also into the hobby. But it is fun to brows the gallery,ect to find new ideas. I hope you like it here as much as I do. Teresa

Thank you for the welcome and yes it's good to have others with the same interest to share ideas with especially since my walls are too small to bounce anything off of :wave:

I used to have many hobbies before this one too. I can't wait to see pictures of your house and Welcome to the neighborhood! :wave:

Thanks for the welcome, as soon as the sanding dust settles I'll try taking some photos of my latest project :wub:

Welcome!! This hobby does help us cope with a lot of personal problems, doesn't i?

It is a creative hobby that incorporates many other hobbies. I think that creativity is one of the most healing resources we have, as humans.

You are in the right place and Welcome again.

Welcome!! This hobby does help us cope with a lot of personal problems, doesn't i?

It is a creative hobby that incorporates many other hobbies. I think that creativity is one of the most healing resources we have, as humans.

You are in the right place and Welcome again.

I couldn't agree more that creativity is one of the most healing resources we humans have. Most of today's realities are merely yesterday's imaginations.

Hi - welcome to our little world of kindred spirits! :wave: The miniature "hobby" is just a smaller version of the world itself - so any hobby you've ever had could be useful when scaled down!

I was just saying to my daughter today - I'm so lucky to have an interest that is shared by such nice people. Miniaturists tend to be very generous, helpful people - not to mention extremely creative, talented souls. You're going to fit right in!

You sound like a kindred spirit. I have done needlecrafts since a preschool age (maybe not well, until I started needlepoint age age 8) I crochet, cross stitch, needlepoint, embroider, knit (some), some bobbin lace, sewing, costume design, and even learned to turn on a lathe.

You can showcase so many different skills in a dollhouse, which I think is the great appeal for many of us. Some people have all mass produced items in there houses. I was at the Utah state fair tonight and there was only one dollhouse. I looked at the items and named off all the frunishings from the local craft store which carries miniatures. I bought two of those same sets of plates, not for use, but to make molds off so I could make a large set of pewter plates and dishes for my Glencroft which will be ultra Tudor.

There is great satisfaction in seeing something one has wrought with ones own hands, and the praise all the more delicious!

Check out some of my work in my galleries. I'd love to see what you'll have when you get yours going.

Good luck with your Beacon Hill

You sound like a kindred spirit. I have done needlecrafts since a preschool age (maybe not well, until I started needlepoint age age 8) I crochet, cross stitch, needlepoint, embroider, knit (some), some bobbin lace, sewing, costume design, and even learned to turn on a lathe.

You can showcase so many different skills in a dollhouse, which I think is the great appeal for many of us. Some people have all mass produced items in there houses. I was at the Utah state fair tonight and there was only one dollhouse. I looked at the items and named off all the frunishings from the local craft store which carries miniatures. I bought two of those same sets of plates, not for use, but to make molds off so I could make a large set of pewter plates and dishes for my Glencroft which will be ultra Tudor.

There is great satisfaction in seeing something one has wrought with ones own hands, and the praise all the more delicious!

Check out some of my work in my galleries. I'd love to see what you'll have when you get yours going.

Good luck with your Beacon Hill

I'm not working on a Beacon Hill I don't even have a Beacon Hill kit.

Hi - welcome to our little world of kindred spirits! :wave: The miniature "hobby" is just a smaller version of the world itself - so any hobby you've ever had could be useful when scaled down!

I was just saying to my daughter today - I'm so lucky to have an interest that is shared by such nice people. Miniaturists tend to be very generous, helpful people - not to mention extremely creative, talented souls. You're going to fit right in!

Since I can only access 'the world of miniatures' through my computer I won't be 'fitting right in', I thank you for the welcome nonetheless. Miniaturists tend to view things in ways those without imagination can't even imitate

Since I can only access 'the world of miniatures' through my computer I won't be 'fitting right in' ....

Not to worry - the Greenleaf family network is spread far and wide over the globe. We wouldn't be part of this wonderful forum if we didn't have access to our computers. Only a fortunate few have met in person - most of us have to be content with an online connection. Our members come from all walks of life, young and old, and are at all different "levels" - from newbie beginners, to seasoned veterans of miniature work. Because we understand - or at the least, support - each other's miniature visions, we fit together very well. That's what I meant when I said that you will fit right in. :wave: