FINISHED Flower Borders

Those of you who got burned... were you using high-temp or low-temp glue guns? I've never gotten a blister from a glue gun before....OW!!! I hope you're okay! One of the worst parts of hurting a finger is trying to keep the band-aid on and keep it dry! I think I went through 5 a day when I burned a finger on the oven New Year's Eve. I reached into the oven to pull something out and the potholder was in my palm but not on my fingers and I grabbed a 450-degree pan..... Friends don't let friends drink and cook! :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a pic of the garden so far, I plan to add some potted plants or statues or something to the top of the colom posts in time.

post-27-1141079021_thumb.jpg

This was such a fun project, thanks Tracy for the easy to follow instructions.

Melissa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you get the calla lilies??? Very nice!!!! I really like the bench.

I Love the picket fence too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got a 24" length of white picket fencing really cheap around Christmas time. I can't remember where... probably AC Moore or CVS... when they were selling the stuff for Christmas village displays. I wish I'd gotten more!

This was all Tracy so I want to step in and thank her too!  She must have done a great job because everyone's projects look great!

Thanks again Tracy and thanks to all of you for sharing your beautiful work!

Dean

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah but... you provided the platform, Dean!

Thanks guys. Everyone's turned out great. I still need insturctions for a tree if anyone has some. I need to add more flowers to mine. I had bought some but they turned out to be too big. I made the smaller ones so I guess I will have to make some more. This was my first landscaping project too. I am planning for it to go between the country victorian and the sunshine cottage. I want to make a table so they can sit together one day. I made the bench and the stones were from Linda ( my secret santa).

Tracy you really had a great class!!! It was so fun to be a part of it! I'm just now looking at everyone's flower borders. They are all so beautiful and all so different and uniuqe!!! I love them all!!! I can't put my picture in. My digital is half way accross the country being fixed for a recall on an internal chip!!

Melissa, I really like your garden! The brick pillars are awesome! You did a great job! :rolleyes:

Susanne, that's a big putty tat! You must get great cuddles from her! :blink:

Deb, did you make the frog pond, too? 

Using scenic water is on my "to-do" list since I want to make a japanese garden very soon, but the frog pond is from miniatures.com. The little froggies are sooooooooo precious. It's a special mini for me too. I started building the witches house (my first house) right before my birthday last year and my bday gift from Bruce was a box full of minis to furnish it. The frog pond was the first thing he gave me. I've been dying to learn how to landscape to have a proper place for it.

Deb

Here is a pic of the garden so far, I plan to add some potted plants or statues or something to the top of the colom posts in time.

Melissa

That's beautiful Melissa! The brick posts are a really nice addition. Is it by chance going to be somewhere near your church yard? I'm not sure why, but it reminds me of a little quiet corner near a country church.

Deb

Using scenic water is also on my to-do list. I've been reading up and hopefully I'll have some time to put what I've read into practice. I've got the supplies, and now I've finally got some days off work. Today was a "snow day". It snowed and snowed overnight. I decided not to go into work today. Glad I have that option.

Ray is going to be working nights (starting this evening), so I still can't get to wiring my Arrow dollhouse. We'll have Sunday off together, then Tuesday I've got a course to attend. Perhaps, Tuesday ...?

Meanwhile I think I'm going to see what I can create with my scenic water. I've even got my straws ready to try and make bubbles! That should be fun.

Susanne

Using scenic water is also on my to-do list.  I've been reading up and hopefully I'll have some time to put what I've read into practice.  I've got the supplies, and now I've finally got some days off work.  Today was a "snow day".  It snowed and snowed overnight.  I decided not to go into work today.  Glad I have that option. 

Ray is going to be working nights (starting this evening), so I still can't get to wiring my Arrow dollhouse.  We'll have Sunday off together, then Tuesday I've got a course to attend.  Perhaps, Tuesday ...?

Meanwhile I think I'm going to see what I can create with my scenic water.  I've even got my straws ready to try and make bubbles!  That should be fun.

Susanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lets us all know how it turns out maybe the next class you could teach us a simple fish bowl to make :blink::rolleyes:

Melissa, I love your Garden too!! What a place to relax after a long day of housework! Melanie I love your flowers too and what a great scene!

Later when I move, I plan to do a Tutorial & Kit that consist of a brick wall with fountain & iron fence in a yard scene. It will have info on making a stone pathway too. But this is for after I move. I just have too much going on right now. We are working on doing more classes too! so stay tuned!

It won't be until the early part of August though I am told the end of July LOL. I have been cleaning up and cooking cause though we have been sick we all are still very hungery so I have worked myself today to the point that I am going to bed early (In the next few minutes actually). David went to school today too though he is still ill but he looks much better (Being in the house 1 week almost made him go mad I think LOL) Rachel went to school also and her throat is still sore so we will make appointments next week for her to schedule the operation in April.

The class will be maybe the end of August or September I think. I'll let yuo know for sure when I get to that poin though :rolleyes:

Thanks to all of you who participated. If anyone else makes a border PLEASE post your pictures here. We wann see it!

Thanks, for helping me Linda.

I'm not sure what I'll do with my garden. Since its a free standing garden, it won't be with any particular house. I may give it to a friend as a gift.

I don't know what kind of flowers they are. I had them and the colors looked good together so I stuck them in.

terri

Terri -

Your garden really did turn out beautiful. The colours go together really well. I noticed when we were taking the class that your computer seemed to be taking you in and out of the chat room. I'm so glad you were able to following what was happening.

Susanne