FINISHED Flower Borders

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone. I had forgotten to pick up a yard ornament so I borrowed the toys from my mini christmas tree. It reminds me of what my real yard looked like when the kids were little. Deb & Susanne I like your gardens. They give me great ideas for when I finish my house.

I'm loving all these pictures! It's like strolling thru a botanical garden without uncomfortable shoes. Everyone did such an awesome job. There is just *so* much talent on this board.

Dinner is running late tonight because I keep coming back and refreshing the page to see more pictures. ;)

Deb

I'm like a kid with a new toy here. ;) It was so much fun making one and I've been wanting to add landscaping to the witches house for soooooooooo long, that I went ahead and made two more flower borders tonight to go on either side of the porch of the witches house. I finally have a place for my frog pond!! Wanna see? I added a picture of the house with the borders to my witches house gallery (here, not webshots) if you want to see how the whole thing looks.

Deb

Everyone's work turned out so awesome! Tracy, my dear, you've a gift for teaching ;) . DH is under the weather & I've been crawling into bed by 9 PM (Eastern time) the past few days, so may have a touch of what he's had. Nothing awful, probably just played too hard last week ;)

Holly, I'm sorry you're sick!!! We are too right now so I know how you feel. I hope you feel better soon. Linda, I hope you feel better soon too. We missed you!

Christine, it is Beautiful!

Thank you. I really appreciate that. It's not 1/2" scale though, you may notice! I realized it's a lot harder to find flowers that small than 1" scale.

Melanie, you sure are ambitious, and Deb too. They both (or threeth?) turned out wonderfully!!! I like the formal design of yours, Mel. Deb, did you make the frog pond, too?

Peggi, yours is very nice...I love the fountain and the purple and white color scheme. You did a great job! I would never have known it was your first garden. (This was my first too). And I wouldn't have known it was Lyn's first, either. I like the deer and the way you put the ferns around the border on 3 sides.

Susanne... your large garden is exquisite. It is what made me think of the Philadelphia Flower Show. I also am in love with your big, black centerpiece! I miss having one of those. I'm just surprised she isn't eating the flowers - my cats would never have been able to resist.

Nutti, I love the fountain, and the flowers. I love purple! Oh and the fuschia glue gun is cool, too.

Alison, I love your idea to add the toys. Your border is very pretty, too.

Did I get everybody? I hope so. I'm sorry if I missed anyone.

I was up until almost midnight, our time. Time for some coffee... uuugggghhhh!

edited to add: Teresa, yours is just gorgeous! Especially against the purple background... is that a house? I love the angel!

Mine is not finished yet, With my glue gun breakingin the begining of class it took a while between steps for tacky glue to dry. I did use the frog fountain and realised I needed somethning else as well, I found an old kit for a iron park slat bencah and am making that as soon as I am finiahed, probally this afternoon, I will post a pic of it. This was so much fun to do. I can see how hot glue could be very helpful in landscaping.

Melissa

Susanne, your whole garden is so beautiful! It makes me want to kick off my shoes and lie around on the bench all day looking at the beautiful flowers! :p

Teresa, yours is just gorgeous! Especially against the purple background... is that a house? I love the angel!

Christine, nope, that's a piece of cardstock! :) I'm going to place my garden somewhere by the Beacon Hill today, so once I figure out where, I'll post a new picture! :D

Deb, your garden turned out amazing! It's perfect for the house! I also love your witches house gardens! Incredible!! :lol:

Christine and Peggi, your gardens are awesome! Nice job!

Melanie, I love your walkway and bench! Makes me think of an English walking garden!

Melissa -

What a beautiful garden - I love the column posts that you made for the ends of the fence. The bench looks like a nice place to sit down with a good book ... and a cup of coffee .. yummmm

We all took the same class, and yet all of our gardens are so unique.

I know I'm so pleased with the new skills that I learned in Tracy's class.

Three cheers for the Teacher.

Susanne

Melissa: I love your brick pillars and I see you have the same frog fountain. Your garden is lovely, I like the bench, looks like a nice place to escape to.

Peggi

Susanne... your large garden is exquisite.  It is what made me think of the Philadelphia Flower Show.  I also am in love with your big, black centerpiece!  I miss having one of those.  I'm just surprised she isn't eating the flowers - my cats would never have been able to resist.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My ex-centre piece, Trinity, is actually very well behaved. The naughty, out of control cat was on the floor.....totally out of it on catnip. I've found that Missy Mew is best diverted by either catnip or food!! LOL

Susanne

I just love how they all turned out each one so different and unique. Melissa and the frog pond is adorable. Yes Tracy is a wonderful teacher and her step by step photos is the way to go especially if you learn better by visual like me :p I was late to class and even though I didnt get to use the center figure that I got with my kit I have a idea for a bigger boarder. I took the plunge and made my very first mini piece and that felt really good and gave me the confidence I needed. :D So whats the next class gonna be?? I know Iam the only one who got a BURNT finger but hey I never used a glue gun until last night :)

Lynn -

How is your burned finger? Do you have a blister? I'm so sorry to hear that you had an accident with your glue gun. A burn can be painful.

Yesterday was my second time with a glue gun. I practiced the previous Sunday.

Hope you're going to be okay.

Susanne

Lynn -

How is your burned finger? Do you have a blister?  I'm so sorry to hear that you had an accident with your glue gun.  A burn can be painful.

Yesterday was my second time with a glue gun.  I practiced the previous Sunday.

Hope you're going to be okay.

Susanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Susanne it is fine yes it has a blister on it but its not as sore as it was last night. :)

eeeee hemmmmm!

I also suffered from glue gun burns

3 fingers.....and I use my gun for lots of stuff....of course these are the same fingers I burn each time. :p

oh well its always worth it in the end!

I am so pleased that all the borders turned out so well and I really enjoyed the chatroom class format!

kudos to Tracy and Greenleaf for making it happen!

nutti :)

For those who burned their fingers, next time you use your glue gun keep a bowl of ice at hand & a towel; when you burn yourself imediately put your burnt part on the ice just enough to numb it & then dab it on the towel & continue; use the ice just to numb the pain until you can stand to let it alone & don't leave your skin in contact longer at any time than just until the burning is numbed, and it probably won't even blister. The trick is to stop the burning, which releases histamine andpulls fluid out of the cells into the surrounding tissues to make the blister as well as make it HURT.

I'm amazed at how beautifully your little gardens turned out despite the pain :):p

kudos to Tracy and Greenleaf for making it happen!

This was all Tracy so I want to step in and thank her too! She must have done a great job because everyone's projects look great!

Thanks again Tracy and thanks to all of you for sharing your beautiful work!

Dean