9/13/08 Raising the driving age/Lowering the drinking age?

heidiiiii

I did most of my drinking when i was 17-19 years old. ....when i was 18 i really drank alot (friends supplied me with beer), sometimes i would go over into wyoming and buy rum because i was legal age there. :D ;) I think kids will get alcohol from somewhere whether it's legal or not. i say if you are old enough to fight in a war, you're old enough to drink.

I was able to *pass* when I went to the package store when I was 16. (drinking age was 21) Not saying much for the cashier is it? I was a early bloomer.. :idiot: I think if I had the guts I could have probably gotten into bars without being carded either.

Kids will get it if they want it. I just think legal drinking age of 18 yrs is too young. I guess I am turning into an ole fart.

• 2 weeks later...

They have been talking about it in Wyoming, where I live. You might be surprised to learn that we were the last state to raise our drinking age, the federal government threatened to take away our highway funding. I am a mother of 3, one teenager and the others are younger. I am ALL FOR the drinking age to be lowered. In wyoming we had FEWER alcohol related crashes and deaths when our drinking age was 18. The biggest reason for that being at that age, chances are you're still in the same town that you went to high school at. You still know people, people who you can call for a ride...People who know you and your parents...You haven't left home and that means Mom and Dad are still in control. At 21 years of age most of them are in college -a place where the people excpect you to be irresponsible and the friends you make there are more like pals, you have your drinking buddies and your study groups but most people don't keep the friends they make at college. I do think, in Wyoming, the drinking age should be lowered. We are a little backwards but I wouldn't have it any other way...