3/2/06 You Pick One!

Do you believe in ghosts?

I believe our spirits live on after death. I also believe in an afterlife that does not include those spirits wandering aimlessly around commiting random acts of mischief.

As a Christian, I believe that when we die we go to either heaven or hell. There is no in between.

But, yes, I believe in ghosts. But they are not people who have died and are walking the earth. What people see as ghosts are demons. They masquerade as the dead. That makes them even more harmful, when someone thinks they are seeing Dear Uncle Arnold, when it is a demon masquerading as Uncle Arnold.

That's why I can watch horror movies without any fear. Spooky ... huh .... :blink:

Susanne

What people see as ghosts are demons. They masquerade as the dead. That makes them even more harmful, when someone thinks they are seeing Dear Uncle Arnold, when it is a demon masquerading as Uncle Arnold.

This is my belief too. I have seen and interacted with them too in my past. It helped knowing that it was a spirit and not who it appeared to be.

:blink:

Do I believe in Ghosts? You betcha. I don't believe them to be, in general (though I believe in some rare instances they could be), demons or harmful and I believe in some cases they can actually be helpful and protective. My particular beliefs include honoring the spirits of our ancestors and that we can actually call upon them for help when needed. Also that there are many different and varying reasons behind what are comonly and collectively refered to as "ghosts" - Some of a supernatural nature and others which are wholely natural.

-David

Depends on what you mean with the term 'ghost'. There are many different paranormal phenomenon, which can sometimes be explained by science and which are not 'ghosts' at all. Do I believe in 'ghosts'? Anything is possible. It is amusing to watch those ghostbuster shows that are so melodramatic, and how little 'orbs' of light are 'proof' of a spirit or 'ghost'. Most of those 'orbs' have been proven to be nothing more than dust particles. Having worked in places that were supposedly 'haunted' I found most of the time that the people in the environment started with sayings such as' I saw a door open by itself' or 'the elevator goes up and down and no one pushed the buttons,' and 'there were banging noises coming from that room, but no one is there' which helped to fuel the fire so to speak. :blink: Though I found it interesting and curious, I guess I look at it with a more skeptical eye. I used to be more worried about the flesh & blood characters, than ghosts. ;)

As a Christian, I believe that when we die we go to either heaven or hell. There is no in between.

But, yes, I believe in ghosts. But they are not people who have died and are walking the earth. What people see as ghosts are demons. They masquerade as the dead. That makes them even more harmful, when someone thinks they are seeing Dear Uncle Arnold, when it is a demon masquerading as Uncle Arnold.

That's why I can watch horror movies without any fear. Spooky ... huh .... :angry:

Susanne

Susanne I am totally with you and that one.

SuzyQ

I believe in ghosts, though I don't necessarily believe in everything touted as a ghost in the popular media.

A couple houses back, our cats consistently behaved as if they had a ghost-cat companion. They routinely reacted as if another cat was there.

Hmm . . . ghosts conjure up scary images for me, whether the ghost be bad or good. Too much TV!! :angry:

I do believe in "spirits/angels" and have had a couple of experiences that left me with the feeling that I was being "taken care of from above".

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I do.

I also believe you can inadvertantly bring a evil or bad presence into your life.

My dad would not allow Ouija board into the house. He believed that you could welcome a bad presence into your home with it.

He saw things. Fortunately I have never seen anything (please oh please oh please dont let me ever see anything!!!)