Who was your first movie star crush?

Deb

I thought we were being really shallow and just going on looks, bods and sex appeal. If we have to look at the whole person, that might change some answers.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I adored Alan Rickman in "Galaxy Quest" as he staggered off to find a pub!

I definitely go for the hunk/ eye candy factor! I don't WANT to know about these guys' warts, etc! We're talking crushes & fantasies here, no? George Hamilton was two years ahead of me in highschool and I never developed a crush on HIM!

Hmmmm, well I think my 1st crush was David Cassidy but, movie star would have been Paul Newman (rest his soul). I also love Gregory Peck and his classy saunter.

My current crush though is Alan Rickman. Good Gawd can that man ooze sex appeal! *big swoon and fanning myself*

Okay, It's my day off and I'm going to watch an Alan Rickman flick now :giggle:

LOL!!! I hadn't answered this one because I didn't think anybody else would know who my first one was . . . and here it is: none other than Mr. David Cassidy! Oh yeah, I had it bad for him! Now, I tend to like Johnny Depp (after all, he's from my state), and Rufus Sewell (very bad boy good looking!). Now, for the saddest one of all (may God rest his soul) - I really adored the very handsome and talented Heath Ledger. I was devastated when he was lost to us!

I thought we were being really shallow and just going on looks, bods and sex appeal. If we have to look at the whole person, that might change some answers.

I don't think so . . . I think every time we develop a crush on someone, it is a combination of what makes them unique . . . I am often attracted to a man (no matter what his looks) that has a beautiful speaking voice. In day-to-day life, I adore a man that smells nice - no, I don't mean reek (eek!), but something subtle and classy. And I mentioned that I adored Heath Ledger - that one did have the looks, but he always seemed to have so much working inside that mind of his, and he was so amazingly talented. Plus, he loved his little girl and his family - I truly appreciated him for holding his loved ones so close to his heart. What may be "sex appeal" to me might not even register with another person. I have a real thing for smart men - I don't ever seem to be attracted to the big sweaty athletic-mentality sort of man. Having said that, I know that is the big thing for a lot of women. That doesn't make either of us right or wrong - we just appreciate different aspects of men. It's like I always say about people that like dogs over cats (I am officially a "cat person", but I have had dogs and other pets and loved them all) . . . thank goodness we have different tastes: everybody, whether cat or dog, jock or poet . . . deserves to have those in their lives that love and care for them. That just makes it so that there is a place for everybody. So, hooray to our differing tastes!

:giggle: A lot of you are crushing on guys from my state of Kentucky (Johnny Depp, George Clooney, and the ever ridiculous Tom Cruise) . . . I just want to assure you that we don't actually have men that look like those walking around. I could say what I think of most of our men, but that would be catty =^. .^= so I will refrain!

Rhonda, I agree with you about Heath Ledger's death...so sad. And he is, well, was good-looking.

I agree about Tom Cruise's strangeness, but...

I was under the impression that the question was just about the first guy who made us weak in the knees to see him walk on the silver screen. I wasn't concerning myself about personality, likes/dislikes or habits. Ok, it might be shallow, but at the age of our first movie star crush, pre-teen, that was normal.

Though it is interesting to read all the anecdotes.

I'm going to have to go find these Alan Rickman movies you guys are talking about...the movies I've seen him in and what you guys are saying...my brain's just not going there. Sex appeal...Severus Snape? Not going together. I also liked him in, ooh, teeny-bopper movie here, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and later in Speed and Twister, and the bad guy in Die Hard. Speaking of Die Hard...I LOVE Bruce Willis, especially in Armageddon and the Sixth Sense. Now, HE makes me weak in the knees today.

Terri

Terri

I'm going to have to go find these Alan Rickman movies you guys are talking about...the movies I've seen him in and what you guys are saying...my brain's just not going there. Sex appeal...Severus Snape? Not going together. I also liked him in, ooh, teeny-bopper movie here, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and later in Speed and Twister, and the bad guy in Die Hard. Speaking of Die Hard...I LOVE Bruce Willis, especially in Armageddon and the Sixth Sense. Now, HE makes me weak in the knees today.

Terri

You totally lost me when you said that Alan Rickman was in Ferris Bueller (Bueller?....Bueller?....Bueller?) but you are thinking of Alan Ruck. This is Alan Rickman. He was in Quigley Down Under, Dogma, Truly Madly Deeply, Love Actually, along with others and the Harry Potter series.

Now Patrick Stewart is yummy, and since my DH has been letting me shave his head, guess who he looks like!?

Oh, someone please get me a drool cloth and a nice Victorian fainting couch to swoon on. Holly.....can I come live with you and drool heavily???? :(

Oh, someone please get me a drool cloth and a nice Victorian fainting couch to swoon on. Holly.....can I come live with you and drool heavily???? :giggle:

Oh yes! He really is sexy!! I was working in Carol Doda's Lingerie shop in San Fran many moons ago, and in walked Patrick with this significant other (?) to do a bit of shopping/looking. He was very sweet and charming and had a rock hard body. He was tall and slim and oh-so-hot.

He had lots of smiles, and was not shy at all. That Brittish accent did not hurt either :angry:

*swoon*

Definite hotty :wave:

You totally lost me when you said that Alan Rickman was in Ferris Bueller (Bueller?....Bueller?....Bueller?) but you are thinking of Alan Ruck. This is Alan Rickman. He was in Quigley Down Under, Dogma, Truly Madly Deeply, Love Actually, along with others and the Harry Potter series.

You're right, Heidi...I am getting my actors mixed up. Sorry. But it IS Alan Rickman in Die Hard. I double checked.

I can see why, looking at the photos on that website, that he is a favorite. He is VERY good looking.

Terri