Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

I found another great deal today on Offer Up--a dura craft Madison and some assorted non-scale furniture for $30! I had never heard of the DC Madison before today, but I quickly realized that it is the house of my dreams--a little cottage that's open on two sides. Or at least I thought it was a little cottage--it's on my bedroom floor in dry fit and it seems huge to me. lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

found a foam core built church with steeple at Goodwill last night for 2.99$...Im looking forward to removing all the windows and adding stained glass to each window

it has lights in it! and of course a repaint and some glitter!! what it has on it will stay and I may add a few bits to it.... :banana:

will post a picture in a min..its too cute!

Found what I think is a Dura Craft Ashley at the thrift store. It is 1" scale, but kind of cute and not too big. Plan to rehab and make it into a country quilt shop.

But the find I am most excited about is the Fast Grab Tacky Glue (found at Joanns today) that comes in an upside down bottle. Now won't have to be so creative about storing that bottle of glue.

post-58020-0-73192800-1419037276_thumb.j

• Like 1

Yay,Christine,I hope you will enjoy working with your D.C. Ashley! It is very similar in size and layout to the 12 scale Buttercup,for those who don't know. It will make a darling quilt shop! And I love the upside down glue bottle-very good idea!

• 2 weeks later...

8.png

First of all,this is a 'borrowed' image,NOT mine,but this is exactly what I found at our local Walgreens today. They were half price,which means $1 a package. It's a 'nail art' kit,but I will be using them for buttons,furniture knobs,miniature jewelry,etc. This photo is super big,so the contents look a lot bigger than they really are! I was so excited that I got all 5 packages they had left in this style and 1 package in a different style that is the more colorful micro beads and various cut-out shapes,similar to those tiny glass jars full of nail art tinies that used to be sold at Dollar Trees-only packed in a plastic wheel box like the one pictured. Can't believe a random trip to our pharmacy turned into a fun mini find! :)

Edited by kat57
  • Like 2

Yes,yay for cross-crafting! :) I was so silly excited about finding them-and on sale to boot! We live in a small unincorporated town and it's hard to come up with anything here to use,mini-wise,just like so many others out there,I know. We had just been to one of our 2 tiny secondhand/expensive junk stores and I had come up empty. Since the other store,my son's favorite,was unexpectedly closed today,I asked him to stop by Walgreens. I walked back to the nail care department to look at their nail decals,to use as decorations on flower pots and dishes,etc,but the pickings were slim,as usual. Then I just happened upon the nail art bins,on an end cap several rows over from the nail care aisle! :insane: I have been wanting to come up with some realistic modern day cabinet door and drawer knobs and I think these will be great!

Edited by kat57
  • Like 1

It's very exciting to make such a find. That is weird that I ran across them at Walgreen in a very similar way. Waiting for them to finish developing film and just wandering around. That must have been a good display it attracted both of us to it. I'll be watching to see how you use yours.

• Like 1

I ran across a bisque porcelain Oliver Hardy doll today in a thrift store. He's in desparate need of new clothes, but I had to rescue him. Later on we were in another thrift store and apparently someone had died and the family had donated their collection of Miniature Collectors. I have the first three years complete.

• Like 3

post-62950-0-05357000-1420611698_thumb.j  I tend to pick up little things from op shops when I come across them.  Today I came across these tiny salt and pepper shakers.  They are incredibly heavy but I thought they'd make wonderful cookie jars or similar - not completely sure of size!  That's my thumb in the pic. 

• Like 1

Holly - just saw your post on here about 'warped' and 'realistic' dolls!  I'm in a miniatures FB group and one of the members posted yesterday some of his handmade dolls.  They are awesome!  So clever and just a little warped!  https://www.facebook.com/groups/dollhouseandmc/

• Like 1

attachicon.gifsalt and pepper shakers.jpg  I tend to pick up little things from op shops when I come across them.  Today I came across these tiny salt and pepper shakers.  They are incredibly heavy but I thought they'd make wonderful cookie jars or similar - not completely sure of size!  That's my thumb in the pic. 

These would make lovely apothecary jars too (or embalming jars hehehehehehe).

• Like 1

I don't belong to FB, so unable to view the dolls.  I don't suppose he has a website to link to?

I belong to FB and still couldn't see it as it's a closed group.

Today I purchased a Willowcrest, brand new in the box, from Craigslist for $45.  Guy said he and his wife bought it to build for his daughter for Christmas several years ago.  They opened the box,  saw the amount of pieces it took to build, closed the box and put it in a closet until now.  It's in perfect condition, the windows hadn't even been taken out of the package.   I am pretty excited about the good buy I got today, even though I had to drive 90 minutes round trip in Houston traffic to get it.  

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I finally got to Santa Fe to Hobby Lobby and Michaels. I found this little table and chairs in HL in the spring section. They were just putting it out I wished they had more items. Isn't this cute?

post-26465-0-29801100-1421783892_thumb.j

• Like 7