Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

Those are adorable. They remind me of the cast aluminum painted yard furniture Sam's Club had for a while (they still might, we let our membership lapse). They would look lovely in a little garden scene with ta and cookies or a flower basket on the table.

• Like 1

I am sure they are meant to go outside but I don't have that kind of "yard". In fact, I have no "yard" at all. We have a courtyard and miles of sagebrush. We NEVER had to mow a lawn as there is no grass ( or trees). I wasn't sure what "style" they actually are but I thought they might look cute in the kitchen kind of Victorian?

I just liked them :)

• Like 1

The Michael's in Santa Fe is so old it always looks that way. Holly, I found the table and chairs at Hobby Lobby over on the side where they have seasonal stuff.

They have fairy garden things also. This was the only table and chairs left so I don't know if they are new or from last season. I don't get there often enough to know.

On my road trip the other day, I found some absolutely gorgeous feather picks.

They have multiple shades of browns, tan, whites, and even some beautiful touches of blue/green iridescent in them.

They are going to be the shingles for the Baba Yaga house. It is going to be 1:18 scale.

While it will be a long while until I get to the actual roof, they are just what I had in mind. :D

I'm quite happy with them. :cheer:

Hope to post a picture some other day in my BY album.

• 2 weeks later...

I was browsing eBay yesterday, doing my thing with weird search term combinations, when I came across this lady's miniature sweets: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Candy-Jars-for-Shadow-boxes-Dollhouse-PINK-Strawberry-Set-of-5-96-/151572519025?pt=US_Dollhouse_Miniatures&hash=item234a6d1871

It lead me to her store, where I found some awesome other combinations for Christmas and Halloween too.  She has some very ingenious cane designs - which would take me years to learn and even longer to make.

So I had to buy a few for my Department Store - at least they won't pile on the real pounds!

• 3 weeks later...

I had a business trip to Denver earlier this week. I had some down time and went to Norm's Dollhouse. This is a custom kit that they make. I bought two of them. I am sure one will be a market stand that I will put on a frame. I may do the two of them side by side. I like the ideas that they have for them. They had a couple of other finished stands in the shop that were pretty cool. (I have already started staining one of them.)

post-8632-0-28651900-1424557749_thumb.jp

post-8632-0-72410100-1424557755_thumb.jp

post-8632-0-80235500-1424557765_thumb.jp

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

MJ, that is SO cool!  I think I'd go ahead when it's open and trace those bench sides onto card for a pattern, and note the length & diameter of those dowels to make future benches.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Suzanne I'm thrilled with your tabby cat! It looks amazing. It makes me want to consider trying to add my giant puppy babies to my first house since they are such a huge presence in my real home. No house is complete without a fur baby. Awesome idea!

I was recently contacted by the folks at Mini Materials offering me a free sample of their miniature cinder blocks to try.  Quite awhile ago, there were some cinder block fridge magnets for sale elsewhere but I missed out on those.  I was overjoyed to know Mini Materials was making the real deal in 1:12 scale with no pesky magnet I would need to remove.  They sent me a 24 pack on a wood pallet and a bag of loose broken blocks.

Pics in my Milo Valley Farm album starting here:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=109958

• Like 2