Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

I think you have comments turned off on your photos.  :\  I believe that Suzanne Horgen is the lady whose house this was.  She was part of the Suzanne and Stephanie needlework items you saw there.  You found some nice things.  :D  Was there still a lot left?

Thanks Brae - I just enabled comments. Yeah, I did a little research today after returning home. What I don't know is who Lee G is - the corner cabinet and the shelf were made by Lee. 

I wouldn't say a lot of miniatures were left - but lots of the needlework kits were still there. I had fun going through all the drawers full of bits and bobs!  The Natasha stuff was still there, and some nice dolls in that same cabinet. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Birmingham, AL a week and a half ago and got the opportunity to go a real life, brick-and-mortar store! We had some delays with our flights and ended up getting into town way late on Friday. I called Mary Charles' Dollhouse on Saturday and asked if she ever stayed open late, since our conference ended at 4:00, which is the same time the store closes. She was very sweet and stayed open for us. I spent 3 hours in there! It didn't feel like it was that long (although my husband assures me it did). Mom has already claimed her items that I got for her, but here are my new treasures.

I almost forgot: there's a miniature at Mayo Clinic! An employee, Cheryl Ashelinl, made a miniature of what the clinic's rooms looked like a century ago. The floor is made of cork, just like the real floors were.

ETA: Editing photos...

Here and here

Edited by LadyGunn
  • Like 4

Thanks, those are great! A neurosurgeon's office I went to once had a miniature in the waiting room. Fun to see in a public setting and watch folks reactions. 

• Like 1

I had one of those "this never happens to me" days.  We were out running errands and stopped in at the Good Will next door to the Harbor Freight (and their Sidewalk Sale).  There on the shelf amongst the bric-a-brac and ladies' clothes was a box containing the Greenleaf Village for less than USD$5!  As we passed through the checkout the sweet lady taking our money told me to "enjoy the puzzle"; oh, will I ever!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have combed the second hand shops for years and the other day a woman who works there and who knows I am always looking for minis handed me a box of minis she said take it home its for you!   I have never found a single mini or a dollhouse anywhere but I hit the jackpot of treasure.  I opened the box and sorted it out on my work table this morning.  There wasn't much furniture but a lot of really neat old minis.  After looking them over I decided they didn't really fit anything that I build but I could maybe build and antiques shop to put them all in somehow.  I took a couple of quick pictures with my phone.    I had so much fun this morning sorting through, it was like Christmas!

minis1.jpg

minis2.jpg

minis3.jpg

• Like 2

search?q=abes+antiques+shop+%27%27+forevAn Antiques shop is in excellent idea, all you need are 4 walls great windows and beautiful lighting hanging everywhere, Have you seen the series ''Forever''? The main character and his son owns the most beautiful antiques shop I have ever seen, ''Abes Antiques''.

• Like 2

All the years I have collected minis I have never once found anything anywhere.   I feel like I just had Christmas all over again!    Also,  I was in Tuesday Morning yesterday looking for scrapbook paper because they have all manner of papers and the clerk asked me what I use the papers for.  When I told her she said she knew another woman here in Taos who does dollhouses!   I gave her my phone number maybe there will be someone else I can share my hobby with up here in the wilderness!   

• Like 3

I am into my Arthur at the present but when these showed up all I could think of was doing the antique or consignment shop!   I have an old Ashley in the closet I have it in mind that it would be just the right size to make a country shop.    For now I packed it all away and will probably save it for next winter.   Its too dang hot here in the summer to build anything.

• Like 2

On 8/7/2015, 7:29:17, blueirishmoon said:

If either of you is planning to go back again, I'd love to have you buy some needlework kits for me.

Cynthia - I found out Janet Bayer of Lolly's in Elgin Illinois bought out all the remaining needlework kits. I spoke to her about a month ago and forgot to tell you. She said call her and tell her what kind you are looking for - she can  ship to you. She also has an ebay site.      Phone: 847-697-4040, Hours: Tues. thru Sat. 10 a.m.–5 p.m.