Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

I got minis in the mail today!  Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!!!!   I'm a huge fan of IGMA artisan Bertie Pittman and his incredible turnings.  I think I bought the first vase back in 2008 and have gradually just started a collection.  Usually Bertie sells only on ebay and I prefer to buy rather than bid so I was thrilled when he posted a link for his store on his own website.  I totally fell in love with the "Desert Sunrise" --- a poly resin blend of sparkling goldstone with swirls of pearly ivory.  Oh my goodness, it's soooooooooooooo pretty.  The pictures don't do justice to the way the light plays on the colors and creates such beautiful, shifting undertones.  I think this one will go live in the steampunk observatory along with a mini oil painting of a desert sunset that I picked up at the mini museum in Tuscon. 

large.gold.jpg.9934fc67cfe90da7e57caeffe 

Here's the link for Bertie's website which also has links for his etsy and ebay stores as well.  http://www.bertiesdollhouseminiatures.com/index.htm

Kathie, those quarter scale pieces dropped my jaw when I saw them.  They're sooooooo tiny and yet so perfect.  I'm pretty sure there will be a quarter scale mortar and pestle somewhere in my future simply because it would look adorable in the Wise Ways Emporium on the shelf with others in 1:12.  I love it when my minis can have minis too.  LOL!!   

Dr. Robertson has laid claim to the Desert Sunrise vase as I expected he would.  He says that the goldstone and copper tones make it perfect for the work table in his steampunk observatory and has tasked me with finding the right flowers to go in it and hanging the oil painting on the wall.  When I inquired about why he was having a sudden fit of domesticity, he growled at me to mind my own business and turned his back.  But I caught the look he gave to his housekeeper and am beginning to suspect that the good doctor might be trying to impress a certain lady with flowers.  Hmmm.  Apparently things didn't work out with that fairy he was chasing but to be honest, I think that Mrs. Donovan would be a better match for him.  She does a good job of keeping the minions out of trouble so I think she could manage the doctor as well.  

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, MLI Designs said:

@dainagon wow, that nice. Show pics of insides with furniture. What did that baby cost? It's gorgeous

I can't wait to see what my furniture looks in it. I have housefuls of stuff, so I am excited to see what fits.

I got a STEAL. $250 plus furniture still in package for every room and all the interior trim/staircases. 

You got a great buy on that house Sarah! It's similar to my Apple Blossom. That was the other house that was available at the store the same time as I got my Apple Blossom. It was hard to decide between the two, but I decided on the Apple Blossom because I like the wrap around porch.

It's a gorgeous house, and going to be so much fun to decorate!

• Like 1

I have some pretties to share!   <sheepish grin>  My addiction to Bertie's turned vases is becoming a collection now.  But when I saw this new one it felt like it was destined to come live with me.  It looks soooo much like a fire agate and fire agates are one of my very favorite stones!  It'll be here in a couple of days and once I get it filled with flowers, it will live with Percutio, the wizard in the Glencroft.  He's laid claim to it because he's a fire wizard and says that it couldn't possibly go into any other house but his.  (It's hard to ignore the demands of a wizard who has half a dozen dragons at his command!) 

Here's the front:

large.56e6c564945b4_fireagatevase.jpg.12

And the back:

large.56e6c56c9fd69_fireagateback.jpg.05

Isn't it gorgeous!!  <happy dancing>  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, kathi17 said:

Wow, those are really beautiful vases Deb!

I never can decide which one is my favorite because they're all have their own personality.  Sometimes I think it's the green one and then it'll be the purple one and then I look at one of the others and decide that I just love them all.  Vases filled with flowers is a recurring thing in all my dollhouses but I didn't realize it til recently when I walked around looking and sure 'nuff, some of my houses may not have bathroom or kitchens or other "necessary things", but they all have lots and lots of flowers and vases in them!  The Willowcrest even has a vase full of flowers sitting on top of the ice box of all places.  <grinning>  If I gave that much thought it would probably give me a headache so I just accept the fact that there's never a bad place to put a vase of flowers.  

• Like 1

I forgot to add this picture.  The copper plant stand is the one I bought from Otterine recently and the vase is the one I bought several weeks ago (similar to the new one but without the fire agate markings).  Talk about a match made in heaven!  I made some steampunk flowers to go in the vase and when I put it in the plant stand, it really sang!  Just look how it all picks up the copper swirls in the glass tile floor.  <blissful sigh>  This one is in the steampunk observatory.

large.copper2.jpg.292ac73f1e994ecebd43f1

• Like 4

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Deb,  you use a lot of your color sense from your textile art to make your miniatures, don't you?

Oh, most definitely!  I like finding the hidden color inside textures too which is why I seldom use flat colors.  But mostly it's because when I was tiny, my mother used her color wheel to teach me my colors and while she was at it, she made sure I knew how to work it.  LOL!!!  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi people, I went to Orlando last week and on Tuesday I visited Ron's Shop in downtown for the first time. It is an amazing store with tons of mini items. I spent over there at least an hour, and deciding what to get was very very hard (I wanted the complete store!). My husband went with me, and the poor man stay seated at the entrance patiently waiting for me. After lots of thoughts, I bought a 1/4 scale house kit that called my attention big time, it is a beautiful kit and that was the first time that I saw it . Ron didn't gave me a name for the kit (the kit has the instructions, but it doesn't include a name), and after lots of searches when I went back home, I found out that this is the Nana's House kit. I can't wait to start building it! It will be my first 1/4 scale house and I feel very happy and excited! On a sad note, Ron told me that they will be closing in about 2 years; after 27 seven years he said it is time to retire. I was fresh enough to ask him what were they going to do with all that stuff, and he said that keep some of it or try to sale the rest. I hope they change their minds and stay put a little longer!

anan__49446.1422633402.1280.1280.jpg

• Like 3

That's gorgeous!!!!!  I so admire anyone who can work in such a tiny scale like that and this is exceptionally beautiful.  I'm sorry to hear about Ron's closing.  He's been a landmark for a long, long time.

<grinning sheepishly>  My vase addiction continues.  Bertie posted two new vases that go sooo well with the fire agate vase that I couldn't resist.  The arrangement of all three together are perfect in the wizard's living room under the dragon's head.  I'm not sure I'm satisfied with the flowers I put in the smaller two but they'll do for now.  Mainly I just love looking at the vases together.  Pretty, pretty!!

large.firevases1.jpg.990a9dea9b49f3c1a0b

• Like 1