Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

The only brick ceilings I have seen were in the ancient forts, and they were the result of carefully engineered brick pillars & arches.

Arches and keystones being the operative elements here. Can't imagine a flat ceiling of brick.

1 hour ago, Shy Spirit said:

The nice thing about our craft is that we can do whatever we like with our creations - the natural laws don't have to be followed unless we want to follow them!

True, but I do like realism in my minis.

If anyone is looking for a good value set of blue or red willow patterned plates, you can get a set of 12 right here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-MINIATURE-SMALL-PROJECT-1-12-Scale-Dollhouse-Miniature-Artist-Handmade/302391663408?_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140212121249%26meid%3D3332f744a4af46f4b1136c427c8c8246%26pid%3D100102%26&_trksid=p3693.c100102.m2452

I asked the seller about a month ago if she'd ever consider doing them in ceramic, and she went and experimented just for me. I thought they came out great! If you'd like to see pictures, she has them for the paper versions she sells.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found this cute enameled soap dish at Hobby Lobby. (The one on the right) $6.99 before sale discount.  It also comes in blue, and a teal like green color. The scale might be a little big, but I thought I would share it. It is in the front of store with all the various displays. Look for the Laundry decor.

rsz_tub.jpg.7ff97286e024cb945041a60aae99

• Like 3

On 9/13/2017, 8:09:22, havanaholly said:

Carrie, my  hubs' paternal granddaddy had a tub that would have scaled down to that size.  The first time we ever went to visit that's what I took a bath in; I felt like I could swim laps in it!

I can picture one of your cute dolls with their foot up scrubbing away with a long handled brush.

On 14 September 2017 9:32:28 AM, Mid-life madness said:

I found this cute enameled soap dish at Hobby Lobby. (The one on the right) $6.99 before sale discount.  It also comes in blue, and a teal like green color. The scale might be a little big, but I thought I would share it. It is in the front of store with all the various displays. Look for the Laundry decor.

rsz_tub.jpg.7ff97286e024cb945041a60aae99

Cute tub! I wish we could find this type of thing over here in the shopping Sahara.

Meanwhile @Mid-life madness Carrie, is that your Laurel you are using as a set? I'm liking your colour choices... More pictures please:D

15 hours ago, Samusa said:

Cute tub! I wish we could find this type of thing over here in the shopping Sahara.

Meanwhile @Mid-life madness Carrie, is that your Laurel you are using as a set? I'm liking your colour choices... More pictures please:D

Thanks Sam,

I need to move my house over to get better light for pictures. I have been making upholstered sofas instead of working on the house.

If you want a tub, I'll get you one and mail it out.

• 1 month later...

I was after one of this Brownstones houses for at least 2 years. I once found one in Santa Barbara, CA, but the seller didn't even answer my multiple request to have the house ship to Wisconsin. Patience finally paid and two days ago a sent an offer to a seller from also California, whom unbelievably accepted it, and this baby with its contents is on my way!

s-l1600 (23).jpg

s-l1600 (25).jpg

s-l1600 (26).jpg

s-l1600 (28).jpg

s-l1600 (29).jpg

s-l1600 (30).jpg

s-l1600 (31).jpg

s-l1600 (32).jpg

• Like 1

Holly, I think that this owner bought the house from an Estate sale, and that the house has all the pieces that the original owner kept inside the house without any coordinated arrangement. The yellow living room pieces are disperse in two rooms. The house itself was the main attraction to me but a few pieces are calling my attention now, hopefully he will send everything, we all know that sometimes this is not the case, he said they are 41 pieces. It happened to me twice that I went to pick up a house from a Craigslist ad, and they had everything packed when I got there, and when I came back home and checked everything against the ad pictures, pieces were missing. I am not sure if the bedroom set is from a Realife kit. The wall clock in the living room is rare. I will strip the house and start fresh. I am very excited waiting for this finding. He sent everything in 5 packages. I can't even say how much I paid because I don't think he is making any $ out of this sale. It was literally a gift.

Carmen, I think you're spot on about the Reallife bedroom set, and I suspect the seller was delighted to get someone who could appreciate the house and its contents.  I can't wait to see what it tells you it wants.

Part of the furniture is here. I think the mahogany pieces that I received today (4 dining room chairs, rare folding dining table, grandfather clock, coffee table, 2 side tables and the yellow gent's and lady's chairs) are Fantastic Miniatures. The bed is here and I think is also Fantastic, definitely is not Realife. The coffee table has a broken leg, the bed has a missing piece on the frame, and one of the side tables has a missing drawer. Very interesting so far. Can't complaint. The rest will get here by Saturday.