Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

The house got here today and the rest of the stuff. The house had small damage but considering the log trip I guess is pretty good. Everything is present and since I am going to rehab it, is better that a few things got loose, easier for me to work on. It is going to take a while to finish, but I think I am going to enjoy it. Winter will probably go in a flash for me. I must confess that I've got a little emotional with this house. It was as if I could feel some of the emotions that the original owner felt while trying to work on it. The seller sent me lots of things that whoever owned the house was trying to accomplish to decorate it as he she wished. She was making curtains, clothes for the residents, clay pots, wall pictures, floral arrangements, Christmas decorations, she had big plans for her little big house, and I felt so sad that she couldn't finish! I even found a store receipt from 1981 inside a Chrysnbon set that she bought. Now, what finally made my tears flow was when I discovered that both pianos play music!. The organ plays the Love Story movie theme, and the other piano plays a song that I know the melody, but can't say its name. I had to re-glue some stuff, but I did it all with no problems. 

• Like 3

We put so much of our heart and soul and dreams into these houses I don't see how some of that can't carry over.  It will be interesting to see how the house will be finished.  Will you be able to do what you imagined or will some new ideas (from the original owner) suddenly pop into your head.  I am so glad you are happy with the house and you had the special surprise of the musical pianos.

• Like 1

Thank you Patti. I finished unpacking, cleaning, fixing, dumping and storing all the furniture and accessories. Some people hate to ship the dollhouses because of the hassle of packing them, but another big hassle is unpacking and getting rid of all the packaging stuff! Lots of work.Lots of decisions about the house. Upgrading components or not. Changing the first floor bay window into a garage or not. Adding a staircase on the first floor or not. For now I started pilling off the wallpaper and the floors. I will wait to see what the house wants next!

• 2 weeks later...

It's a major award!

I was at Walmart and came across a leg lamp ornament that looks really close to scale. I had to buy it because A. It's a major award and B. It was only $7.99. C......I know I don't have to explain it to you guys!

It is not going in the shadow box, I posed it so you could see the scale. It was on an end cap near the greeting cards.

rsz_leg_lamp.jpg

rsz_leg_lamp_2.jpg

• Like 4

I found these little hangers, they call them plant hangers, on eBay, I am going to use them to hang a lantern I am making from a vial for the front door to the fairy house, 4 in a package for $4.37. They are from China, so I didn’t expect them for a month or so but they came the same day as some glass Christmas’s beads I ordered from here in Maine.  I got the beads to make decorations on the Christmas tree I am making.

85DE89CA-B2E6-4B26-8AB0-BA4FA7302221.jpeg

DA6287FF-2F36-41E7-A299-B95892C98FA3.jpeg

• Like 3

So I haven't had any time for mini-ing because I've been working 12 hour days, 6 days a week.. but that has meant a bit of extra cash for mini extravagances. :D

I just bought this artisan made double sink set up. Spent way too much on it.. don't even care, because I love it. :drool2:

s-l1600.jpg

On Monday, October 30, 2017 11:38:23, minilover62 said:

Thank you Patti. I finished unpacking, cleaning, fixing, dumping and storing all the furniture and accessories. Some people hate to ship the dollhouses because of the hassle of packing them, but another big hassle is unpacking and getting rid of all the packaging stuff! Lots of work.Lots of decisions about the house. Upgrading components or not. Changing the first floor bay window into a garage or not. Adding a staircase on the first floor or not. For now I started pilling off the wallpaper and the floors. I will wait to see what the house wants next!

You know, you might also have some nice Sonia Messer pieces there, too.