Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

11 hours ago, Samusa said:

So I haven't had any time for mini-ing because I've been working 12 hour days, 6 days a week.. but that has meant a bit of extra cash for mini extravagances. :D

I just bought this artisan made double sink set up. Spent way too much on it.. don't even care, because I love it. :drool2:

s-l1600.jpg

Did you get that off of Ebay, Sam? Because I saw that exact same sink and was drooling over it, too. Then I saw there was a bid on it and I wondered who got it.

I hope the sellers forgive me, but I'm using their pictures of some things I bought recently (after saying I wasn't going to buy anything).

I needed a little itty bitty table to be a sewing table and it had to fit into a 2" space. It does and it's lovely.

5a113927bd682_sewingtable.jpg.bd99f22562

This is the end table that will be going into the old lady's living room:

5a11392f78b4c_endtable.jpg.bee01ffe4a2d4

And I swore and I swore I wasn't going to dip into savings to buy this, but I did. BUT! My mom is leaving to spend Christmas with my brother and his family in a week and so she's sending me some birthday and Christmas money almost a month early, so that money will go right back into savings.

So I got this with only a few qualms of guilt:

kitchen.thumb.jpg.2235dcd177d915e35afcc2

It's the old Bespaq kitchen and I've loved it ever since I saw it. I've tried buying it a couple of times before, but there always seemed to be a bidding war and the price would go way too high for me. But I was the only bidder on this set and I can't understand why.

The pieces are lovely and very well done. This is the set that will go into the Hofco house. The only thing is, I already have a stove and a fridge I'm using for that kitchen. Mainly I bought this set for the kitchen cabinets. And believe it or not, I already have the sink for this set - I saw it on eBay once and decided I may as well try to collect the set piece by piece.

Anyway, now I'll be able to sell the sink, the stove, and the fridge as a set on eBay and I have the cabinets I've always loved!

• Like 2

Yes, Kelly. I got it on Ebay.. that overtime came in handy because as I'm sure you saw it wasn't cheap. :greedy:

I love the cabinets you got! I'm a sucker for a good kitchen cabinet and those are lovely. I didn't even know about that set.. another one to add to the list to try and source. :rolleyes:

This hobby is fueling a serious internet shopping addiction. :giggle:

11 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Kelly, I might be picking nits, but in your kitchen set, is there an oven?

There's not, but I wasn't worried about it because I already have an old stove that I want to make over - and it has two ovens! Anyway, if I were going to keep the oven and fridge, I'd just get a Houseworks wall oven.

And on top of all that, an additional more modern fridge and a sort of cheap oven came with all these pieces. I think those will go in the sale bucket, too.

8 hours ago, minilover62 said:

It would be nice if you point them because I have no idea! Thanks for the alert!

I was thinking the chairs with the gold fabric on them may be Sonia Messer, just because that looks so much like the fabric that is used on so many of their chairs. But I'm not an expert and unless I saw an item that was an exact match to something I have that I know is a Sonia Messer piece (so I could compare it), I really wouldn't know. But do an eBay search for "Sonia Messer" and see what comes up.

16 hours ago, Samusa said:

Yes, Kelly. I got it on Ebay.. that overtime came in handy because as I'm sure you saw it wasn't cheap. :greedy:

I love the cabinets you got! I'm a sucker for a good kitchen cabinet and those are lovely. I didn't even know about that set.. another one to add to the list to try and source. :rolleyes:

This hobby is fueling a serious internet shopping addiction. :giggle:

Yes, I know that sink was expensive - another reason I had to hesitate on it! :eek: (But then I turned around and bought the kitchen set. *headdesk*)

The cabinets I got are also made in a natural wood stain, but I've always hankered after the white ones. I just like them because they have doors you can see into, although I have seen a few that don't have doors like that. When I got the Bespaq sink that goes to the set, I also got a floor cabinet just like the one in the set although without any glass in the doors (or plastic, I think is what I think it is). Likewise, my sink doesn't have any see through doors on it and I've seen some that do. So there were some different versions made.

Because my kitchen is going to be so small, I think I'll stack those small cabinets over the large cabinets and have them go to the ceiling. I already have a large copper hood for my stove, so I won't be putting a cabinet over that. And I may build in the fridge. On that very wide double cabinet, I may put that over my sink and take off the middle doors, so I can fill the shelf with plates and things. Oh, and the one thing you can't see in the pictures (which meant I didn't see it until I got the set) is that the cabinet with a counter doesn't actually have a counter. That's a chopping block!

Isn't this shopping addiction terrible? My mom says not to get her anything for Christmas because there really isn't anything she wants. Oi vey! If only I could say that! If someone dropped a million dollars into my lap tomorrow and told me to go shopping on eBay, I'd have all that money spent in a day and still see things I want!

17 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Did you get that off of Ebay, Sam? Because I saw that exact same sink and was drooling over it, too. Then I saw there was a bid on it and I wondered who got it.

17 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

That is a great sink and I'm wanting it too. It's a perfect splurge. 

5 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

I was thinking the chairs with the gold fabric on them may be Sonia Messer, just because that looks so much like the fabric that is used on so many of their chairs. But I'm not an expert and unless I saw an item that was an exact match to something I have that I know is a Sonia Messer piece (so I could compare it), I really wouldn't know. But do an eBay search for "Sonia Messer" and see what comes up.

I am doing some research, but I am not optimistic because I have found that Sonia Messer items were made mostly in Colombia, South America and my items have a "made in Taiwan" label, except the golden living room pieces that show that whatever labels they had were pulled, so the research continues,lol! I love researching stuff!

Imma hijack some quotes from another thread we got going here:

13 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

I'm completely unfamiliar with the Lynnfield furniture collection from the 1930s?!? -was that a thing?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/288571107/lynnfield-dollhouse-furniture-112-scale

12 hours ago, Minigirl said:

10 hours ago, Samusa said:

Lynnefield became Sonia Messer. It's also know generically as Block House. I think they were the distributors of it?

Anyway, here is a Sonia Messer mustard chair and this is why I thought your golden chairs were Sonia Messer also. Like I said, though, I'm not all that familiar with all the pieces.

chair.thumb.jpg.60b1c7e54f326e570eabdb0b

One thing I'm noticing is how much people want for that Sonia Messer furniture all of a sudden. There's a table,  chairs, and a couple of hutches for sale on eBay for something like $350. I got the same table and 6 chairs for only $50. And I bought a vanity set in black walnut from Shelly's Miniature Mania for only $15. That was just last year, I think.

Carmen, your little red chairs around the dining room table are sort of cheapos, I think, but you should see what people have done with them!

il_570xN.1144317024_4faz.jpg.fa100ceab63

il_570xN.1374223371_i4s7.jpg.cc514ead46a

• Like 1

On 11/18/2017, 2:17:37, Samusa said:

So I haven't had any time for mini-ing because I've been working 12 hour days, 6 days a week.. but that has meant a bit of extra cash for mini extravagances. :D

I just bought this artisan made double sink set up. Spent way too much on it.. don't even care, because I love it. :drool2:

s-l1600.jpg

The taps and the drainboard weathering are just sublime.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

The taps and the drainboard weathering are just sublime.

Agreed, it was the taps that really drew me to the piece, then the rounded edges on the drainboards sealed the deal. :D

@Jeannine The sink is actually a vintage artisan piece that was sold by a lady that frequents estate sales. The maker was June White. I don't know anything about her or if she is even still alive, but her sink has found a loving home with me. :)

21 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

One thing I'm noticing is how much people want for that Sonia Messer furniture all of a sudden. There's a table,  chairs, and a couple of hutches for sale on eBay for something like $350. I got the same table and 6 chairs for only $50. And I bought a vanity set in black walnut from Shelly's Miniature Mania for only $15. That was just last year, I think.

Carmen, your little red chairs around the dining room table are sort of cheapos, I think, but you should see what people have done with them!

You know how it is, if the sellers see some interest for anything,  they increase their prices for a while, until they realize that people won't fall for them. I like the chair's transformations!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well today I made out like a bandit; in the toy section of one of our favorite thrift stores I snapped up a never-opened Realife Miniatures Queen Anne Collection living room kit for less than $4.  I don't like the upholstery that came with it, but I won't make it up until I have a decorated room to put it in.  I'm also thinking about duplicating some of the parts to make other side chairs and wing chairs, etc.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Well today I made out like a bandit; in the toy section of one of our favorite thrift stores I snapped up a never-opened Realife Miniatures Queen Anne Collection living room kit for less than $4.  I don't like the upholstery that came with it, but I won't make it up until I have a decorated room to put it in.  I'm also thinking about duplicating some of the parts to make other side chairs and wing chairs, etc.

You were at the right place at the right time.  In all my thrifting I have still never come across any dollhouse's or furniture.  Glad you found that kit and for such a deal,

Ooh, good score! I have come across House of Miniatures kits at Goodwill a couple of times, but not lately.

The fabric that comes in those kits is kind of weird. I don't have the Queen Anne furniture but I have some of the other kits with the green fabric, and it's stiff and smells musty after so many years. I think you'll have a nicer result if you replace it, anyway.

It was as good as the day we walked into a North Charleston thrift store and I walked out with two dozen House of Miniatures kits for $20.  Thank God for people who don't like to build their own miniatures!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

It was as good as the day we walked into a North Charleston thrift store and I walked out with two dozen House of Miniatures kits for $20.  Thank God for people who don't like to build their own miniatures!

If you haven’t built them all I would be interested in them for club projects.

I've ben merrily pulling them out and building them as needed, and planning eventually to build more.  Next time I get out to the workshop I'll go through them and see if there are any I won't want (remembering I have a Lily, a Garfield, a Dura-Craft Newburg and a couple of smaller Greenleaf kit still in their boxes, plus three rehab houses needing rebuilding, finishing & furnishing...), & I'll PM you.

• Like 1