Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Deborah C said:

My mum found this on Instagram. There’s no other info.

My guess is maybe 1940s. I have no evidence of this, it’s just a feeling.

I don’t think it’s a Moritz Gottschalk red roof house but I could be wrong.

• Like 2

I don't see how you could access the interior; from the photos it appears to have walls on four sides and I don't recall if any of the Gottschalk red roof houses had hinged exterior walls.  However, I did get more of a 1930s or earlier vibe.

I just had to share this picture that showed up on my FB feed this morning....it is from a trip to NYC back in 2010.  It was a group from my office that made the trip- and it was my first time in NYC.  Obviously I HAD to visit FAO Schwartz toy store in order to find a tiny treasure at Manhattan Dollhouse (which was inside the toy store).  I purchased this acrylic arm chair - which you can barely see because I was just a TAD excited and waving it around!  :D:cucumber: LOL   Funny thing is- I have never found the time to create the "modern city apartment" room box that I have in mind for it.  Someday.

BTW- that is my hubby 2nd face to the right of me....His expression pretty much sums up HIS enthusiasm for miniatures.  LOL

Manhatten Dollhouse chair.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jbnmini said:

BTW- that is my hubby 2nd face to the right of me....His expression pretty much sums up HIS enthusiasm for miniatures.  LOL

What a dichotomy of expressions....yours is infectious. It made my day.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the warm welcome home!  I was afraid to get my hopes up....but look what I got tonight!  I was certain some other miniature lover would swoop in at the last second but I got lucky.  Melissa Drapeau created this little beauty.  I'm very excited and looking forward to seeing her in person. Wonder how she'll get along with the Shibas??? 

s-l225.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019, 9:41:48, havanaholly said:

Northeastern Scale Lumber used to have a few.

I had no idea, good to know, thanks Holly! I still can't upload the 144th scale Westville kit picture, it says that there was a problem with the upload, but doesn't say what. The size is right.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Lita said:

I got this little needle-felted owl for my haunted house, all the way from Montenegro! It’s actually more a house of curiosities than haunted.

A49F8EB0-0AEB-44A4-BCDA-5CEB46B5D639.jpeg

Adorably cute!

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, kokomo said:

I picked up this 1:48 cuckoo clock last weekend at the southern california Tom Bishop show. The level of detail that can be obtained with laser cutting these days astounds me!

Wow.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2019, 8:20:42, kokomo said:

I picked up this 1:48 cuckoo clock last weekend at the southern california Tom Bishop show. The level of detail that can be obtained with laser cutting these days astounds me!

That is astonishingly detailed!  How beautiful!

• Like 1

OOOO - I am looking for the three Dark Shadows kits (Collinwood Great Hall, Old House entry and front parlor and the Collins Mausoleum).  The Opening Scene Replica kits were made by Vernon Bowdish in Flowery Branch, GA - about 1.5 hours from me.  I am soooo hoping to get lucky.  They also did the house on the moors and Heathcliff's den from "Wuthering Heights", Jessica Fletcher's kitchen from "Murder, She Wrote", the house and school building / church from "Little House on the Prairie", and the parlor and vestibule from "The Addams Family".  :)

• Like 1

One of my favorite rooms to decorate is the child's. I found these at Anabelaminiatures in Etsy. She is located in Spain. My items arrived yesterday and the detail is fantastic!

Doll.jpg.7e9ef58c0a9d10a3610344104f199f05c7fd7d0c997c_Pulltoy.thumb.jpg.3a475070Rug.thumb.jpg.1edc36942f284909272506f878Closeup.thumb.jpg.25344f67963d5d0ee17ecf

• Like 1